Tv Series

45 minutes ago, JumboJET said:

I have watched the first four episodes of Fool Me Once.

Pretty naff so far. 

Started it last night, book is better and these American set books really don't translate well when they are set in the UK.

The lead actress is wooden as fuck, albeit fit as fuck as well.

Watching the new series of James May's travel show on Prime, this series is about India.

I mentioned Varanasi recently on a separate thread (google reviews), and Varanasi was on the show.

It is truly other-worldly, especially at night when its all light up and there are fireworks and Hindu priests doing their fire displays, with everyone gathered at the water-side to make their offerings to whatever-Hindu-God-it-was.  The Ganges river is actually named for a Hindu Goddess, Ganga (James May said ganja by accident 😝 )

The Hindus cremate their dead by the river side too, 24/7 so there are these constant funeral pyres too.  The whole thing is just so surreal and enchanting.  It could make you feel stoned, even if you are not.  The night time scenes were like something out of Apocalypse Now.

I would genuinely love to explore India, such an amazing and vast country.  

James May's Amazon Prime stuff is pretty good, both the travel shows and his cooking stuff.

• Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Watching the new series of James May's travel show on Prime, this series is about India.

I mentioned Varanasi recently on a separate thread (google reviews), and Varanasi was on the show.

It is truly other-worldly, especially at night when its all light up and there are fireworks and Hindu priests doing their fire displays, with everyone gathered at the water-side to make their offerings to whatever-Hindu-God-it-was.  The Ganges river is actually named for a Hindu Goddess, Ganga (James May said ganja by accident 😝 )

The Hindus cremate their dead by the river side too, 24/7 so there are these constant funeral pyres too.  The whole thing is just so surreal and enchanting.  It could make you feel stoned, even if you are not.  The night time scenes were like something out of Apocalypse Now.

I would genuinely love to explore India, such an amazing and vast country.  

James May's Amazon Prime stuff is pretty good, both the travel shows and his cooking stuff.

Get yourself to the Karni Mata Temple for a rather bizarre experience 

On 1/20/2024 at 6:22 PM, Studebaker-90 said:

Gladiators. Great nostalgia. I’d enjoy a right aggressive hand job from diamond. 

Aye, she and comet are the best of the bunch methinks.  The women are much bulkier this time around, far more body builders than fitness models.

3 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Saw the first two episodes of Masters of the Air. 

Fantastic, the air combat scenes are great - away from that it has all the cliches you would expect for a US WW2 series, but its shaping up to be a good series 👍

It's on my "to watch" list, looks decent.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...