Tv Series

Gangs of London. Utter keech. No tits, far too graphically violent, nobody speaks like they do in real life, the main gangster guy is a complete poof, 1/10 no tits.

I'm actually annoyed at myself that I watched it all

Sexy Beast, watched half an hour. Utter shite again. Probably is tits but I've learned my lesson from GoL so not giving it more time to find out.0/10

20 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Gangs of London. Utter keech. No tits, far too graphically violent, nobody speaks like they do in real life, the main gangster guy is a complete poof, 1/10 no tits.

I'm actually annoyed at myself that I watched it all

Sexy Beast, watched half an hour. Utter shite again. Probably is tits but I've learned my lesson from GoL so not giving it more time to find out.0/10

You talking sexy beast the film or the new TV show?

12 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Season 4 of True Detective, been brilliant so far. Nae tits but some raunchy scenes (Jodie Foster and Christopher Eccleston is a weird pairing right enough!) and a decent story with a hint of the supernatural about it.

I found it to be fucking pish as pishy pish-flaps. Badly written. Makes no sense. An insane incident like that happens and the FBI doesn't get called in? The media would also have shown up, it would have went viral online like crazy. Instead, clueless cunt cops bumble around when a killer could be in the loose, but life just goes on, ice hockey league goes on! LOL! It's sooooooo... slooooooow... moooooving. Characters are so cunty, so unlikeable, so punchable. Choice of music is so "off" and hacky. Whole thing is hacky.

Jodie Foster is this weird, crabby, wizened little goblinoid. Who shags on hard furniture even though she is 62. Old tits kept in bra, thank Francis. First time in my life that I have turned away from a sex scene, Jeeez-oh, min.

Two episodes of this to go, what a fucking slog. It's basically an X Files episode drawn out from 40 minutes to 360 minutes, they actually did an X Files episode set in Alaska, "Ice" episode 8 of season 1 if you can find it. And it rips off John Carpenter's, The Thing (1982), you even see a copy of the DVD on the shelf of the science station.

Nah, I had good expectations of this, even though series 2 and 3 were iffy as fuck, shit as fuck at times. But I never expected such crappy writing, dialogue, slowness, scenes where fuck all happen. Subplots that go nowhere. In a 6-hour story for TV, you need to be snappy, get to the point, even that Queen's Gambit did that despite it's pace.

Setting stories in the Arctic/Antarctic is dumb, it's too bleak, it makes for empty characters, depressed characters. If this had been set in Minnesota perhaps it would have worked better, as Fargo does. But I just keep seeing the wee wrinkly goblin wifey who larps as a sheriff, Jodie Foster! Great actress, Silence of the Lambs is one of the great thrillers of all time, but what's she doing in this? Retire, testimonial, slippers.

1 hour ago, GAME OF BILLIONS said:

I found it to be fucking pish as pishy pish-flaps. Badly written. Makes no sense. An insane incident like that happens and the FBI doesn't get called in? The media would also have shown up, it would have went viral online like crazy. Instead, clueless cunt cops bumble around when a killer could be in the loose, but life just goes on, ice hockey league goes on! LOL! It's sooooooo... slooooooow... moooooving. Characters are so cunty, so unlikeable, so punchable. Choice of music is so "off" and hacky. Whole thing is hacky.

Jodie Foster is this weird, crabby, wizened little goblinoid. Who shags on hard furniture even though she is 62. Old tits kept in bra, thank Francis. First time in my life that I have turned away from a sex scene, Jeeez-oh, min.

Two episodes of this to go, what a fucking slog. It's basically an X Files episode drawn out from 40 minutes to 360 minutes, they actually did an X Files episode set in Alaska, "Ice" episode 8 of season 1 if you can find it. And it rips off John Carpenter's, The Thing (1982), you even see a copy of the DVD on the shelf of the science station.

Nah, I had good expectations of this, even though series 2 and 3 were iffy as fuck, shit as fuck at times. But I never expected such crappy writing, dialogue, slowness, scenes where fuck all happen. Subplots that go nowhere. In a 6-hour story for TV, you need to be snappy, get to the point, even that Queen's Gambit did that despite it's pace.

Setting stories in the Arctic/Antarctic is dumb, it's too bleak, it makes for empty characters, depressed characters. If this had been set in Minnesota perhaps it would have worked better, as Fargo does. But I just keep seeing the wee wrinkly goblin wifey who larps as a sheriff, Jodie Foster! Great actress, Silence of the Lambs is one of the great thrillers of all time, but what's she doing in this? Retire, testimonial, slippers.

^ a simple 1/10 (nae tits) would have sufficed.

• Haha 1
On 2/10/2024 at 10:13 PM, For Fecks Sake said:

FUCKING HELL, PAL! DID YOU SEE EPISODE 5? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!

Episodes 1 and 2 are pish, badly written, episode 3 is good, then 4 becomes pish again, but 5 is amazing, it all starts to come together. Great stuff, episode 6 has a lot to tie up and have a great payoff, though.

Someone needs to do a fan-edit of this and edit the 6 hours down to 3.5 hours and just junk all of redundant stuff.

1 minute ago, GAME OF BILLIONS said:

FUCKING HELL, PAL! DID YOU SEE EPISODE 5? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!

Episodes 1 and 2 are pish, badly written, episode 3 is good, then 4 becomes pish again, but 5 is amazing, it all starts to come together. Great stuff, episode 6 has a lot to tie up and have a great payoff, though.

Someone needs to do a fan-edit of this and make edit the 6 hours down to 3 hours and just junk all of redundant stuff.

There's 8 episodes.

9 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

There's 8 episodes.

Not for this one...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_True_Detective_episodes#Series_overview

Not sure why it wasn't eight parts, maybe not enough of a story. script length, probably just as well.

But it all came together in part 5, all of the annoying shit wasn't present, the pace was fast, the shock reveals are great.

I stand by what I said, though, the flaws in parts 1-4 are still there, but the weird shit that characters did in those parts makes sense now.

Greatly looking forward to the conclusion next week. This might pave the way for an 5th series, I reckon. I could actually see McConaughey and Harrelson returning... maybe. 

• Thanks 1

Conclusion to True Detective 4 was good, didn't think it was going to end that way. 

I still feel that someone needs to do a fan-edit of the six episodes, make it into a 3.5-hour or so movie, just take out all of the redundant scenes, the slowness, tighten the whole thing up and you'd have a good movie that played like a long episode of The X Files meets Northern Exposure.

2 hours ago, GAME OF BILLIONS said:

Conclusion to True Detective 4 was good, didn't think it was going to end that way. 

I still feel that someone needs to do a fan-edit of the six episodes, make it into a 3.5-hour or so movie, just take out all of the redundant scenes, the slowness, tighten the whole thing up and you'd have a good movie that played like a long episode of The X Files meets Northern Exposure.

Felt let down by the final episode in all honesty.

Follows on from various other good shows with great ideas, twists and turns throughout a series only for the ending to be a bit of a "eh, fit the fuck was that all about"!

Felt like the writers didn't know how to end it.

I've been re-running through my old X-Files DVD box set and on S6 now. The first five seasons (3-5 were the peak for me) still stand up as classic TV, but IMHO it started to go off the boil from S6 onwards. That said, Robert Patrick did a sterling job in S8-9 to lift it a bit, but the two comeback seasons were a big disappointment. 

18 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Felt let down by the final episode in all honesty.

Follows on from various other good shows with great ideas, twists and turns throughout a series only for the ending to be a bit of a "eh, fit the fuck was that all about"!

Felt like the writers didn't know how to end it.

This is a major problem with novels, movies, TV/streaming series now. End of Better Call Saul almost made me kill my TV, what the tits was that? Jesus.

Writers run out of juice and the ending ends up being a petered-out jizz-dribble.

The show still doesn't make sense, as I'm pretty sure that the FBI would have been called in, not just the sheriff. The cleaners should have been questioned anyway if they were in that building all the time.

Bible John would make a creepy as fuck mini-series. Glezgee, 1968-1969, the Barrowland Ballroom. 

Contrasting these hit songs with the killer's Bible verses would be powerful.

4 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Anyone watching / watched Slow Horses?

Gary Oldman, Kirstin Scott Thomas and Jack Lowden in a series about MI5 agents who have fucked up for one reason or another and now controlled by Oldman.

Proper hidden gem and worth a watch.

Yeah. It’s class. Oldman is brilliant in it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2024 at 12:44 PM, For Fecks Sake said:

Anyone watching / watched Slow Horses?

Gary Oldman, Kirstin Scott Thomas and Jack Lowden in a series about MI5 agents who have fucked up for one reason or another and now controlled by Oldman.

Proper hidden gem and worth a watch.

@Misers Hill has backed plenty. 🐴💸🏴‍☠️

• Haha 1