Tv Series

read last night that Chicago code has been cancelled after 1 season.

thats a feckin joke....its hardly worth watching anything these days as if it doesnt pull in 30mil viewers they scrap it!

sourced The Killing, series 1,2 of Luther and V series 2 (series 3 scrapped) last night.

watched first 2 episodes of Luther...pretty good!

Yeah with The Chicago Code the US Ratings were mince but it was given a bit of a death slot, and as a mid season replacement in the states it never really had a chance..

Good to see Breaking Bad back at the weekend, great episode. Curb Your Enthusiasm is back as well, and Entourage is back for the final series this weekend too. Futurama has been ok too.

FFS! its getting to the stage now that there is no point in watching American programmes until they get into series 2 or 3. there are quite a few things i've began watching and enjoyed, only to see it cancelled after a series! f'ing joke

Yeah with The Chicago Code the US Ratings were mince but it was given a bit of a death slot, and as a mid season replacement in the states it never really had a chance..

Good to see Breaking Bad back at the weekend, great episode. Curb Your Enthusiasm is back as well, and Entourage is back for the final series this weekend too. Futurama has been ok too.

Amazing programme,some unbelieveable birds. Looks like they'll end up back in Queen,skint as a jew.

Started watching Lie To Me,its quite interesting. Anyone watch it?

Never seen Sons of Anarchy before, so I'm gie'in it a go the morn's nicht. Torchwood is back, crackin stuff if ye like yer sci-fi. And Sirens (the black comedy about paramedics on 4) is great stuff, very very dark humour. With the exception of repeats o Shameless on Dave, for the rest o the week, the telly's affa bowf, so I've dug out my Battlestar Galactica (the new version) boxes. If you haven't watched it, give it a go. It's far better than any show that has the words "Battle", "Star", and "Galactica" has any right to be.

Just comedy progs for me:

American Office, my all time favourite and had a surprisingly good few episodes once Steve Carrel left. Looking forward to the next season in the autumn.

Parks and Recreation, similar to the Office. Season 4 in the autumn.

South Park, always a fave although losing it's touch I feel.

Curb Your Enthusiasm, season 8 just started. Cracking programme.

Modern Family. Easy viewing.

Flight of the Conchords and Mighty Boosh when I want to reminisce.

Thank god for eztv. :)

Never seen Sons of Anarchy before, so I'm gie'in it a go the morn's nicht. Torchwood is back, crackin stuff if ye like yer sci-fi. And Sirens (the black comedy about paramedics on 4) is great stuff, very very dark humour. With the exception of repeats o Shameless on Dave, for the rest o the week, the telly's affa bowf, so I've dug out my Battlestar Galactica (the new version) boxes. If you haven't watched it, give it a go. It's far better than any show that has the words "Battle", "Star", and "Galactica" has any right to be.

the next series of Sons of Anarchy is supposed to be starting here soon.

It was... total sickener coz it's one of the best shows I've seen in ages; certainly best cop show I can think of in recent times.

Lots of good shows get canned after one season... real good one from a couple back was Rubicon. Great intense spy slow-burner thriller that really built up to an awesome end of season and then "thanks for coming, close the door on the way out".

Arse.

Amazing programme,some unbelieveable birds. Looks like they'll end up back in Queen,skint as a jew.

Started watching Lie To Me,its quite interesting. Anyone watch it?

Lie To Me has been canned as well. At least you can get 3 seasons out of that one

mdal, have you ever seen the REAL office?

I'm with MDAL here, the uk version of the Office was brilliant. The US version tops it for me. Season 1 of it was ok, seasons 2 + 3 were hilarious, more characters introduced instead of just Brent/Gareth, Tim/Dawn in the UK. Creed being my favorite. seasons 4 + 5 dipped a wee bit, but seasons 6 onwards have really picked up.

I'm with MDAL here, the uk version of the Office was brilliant. The US version tops it for me. Season 1 of it was ok, seasons 2 + 3 were hilarious, more characters introduced instead of just Brent/Gareth, Tim/Dawn in the UK. Creed being my favorite. seasons 4 + 5 dipped a wee bit, but seasons 6 onwards have really picked up.

Thirded.... I watched the first season years ago and thought it was one of the worst rip offs I'd ever seen. Went back to it a couple of years ago, on one of my mates insistence and haven't looked back.

I think it probably is better that the original... which is a fairly bold statement. It's amazing the level of consistency they've achieved over such a huge number of episodes.

thats the end of Chicago code. they screened that last 2 on Thursday night. decent ending to the show. I'd have liked it to see it go for a second season but oh well.

I've been watching Franklin and Bash on E4, it stars the guy from road trip with Zack from saved by the bell.

Anyone got any new recommendations?