Pet Hates

StandFree1982

1 hour ago, Studebaker-90 said:

In an old job one of the managers would say “changing tact”. Really wound me up. 

These wanker managers that use wankword bingo, using phrases they’ve heard someone else say in some shitey meeting.

“blue sky football thinking”, “low hanging fruit”, let’s do this “going forward”,

“reach out” to someone - only if I’m drowning maybe.

cunts who start a sentence with “so”. Throw them to the pigs.

Stop talking shite, speak normally. 

• Upvote 1
  • Site Sponsor
8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

These wanker managers that use wankword bingo, using phrases they’ve heard someone else say in some shitey meeting.

“blue sky football thinking”, “low hanging fruit”, let’s do this “going forward”,

Emails which come in which start “I thought I’d reach out to you....”

gets right up my tits. 

I frequently reply suggesting that they “reach out someplace else..”

9 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Blue sky thinking I meant ^^^
Fuck knows what blue sky football thinking is FFS ?

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Think it’s another shite thing we’ve imported from America. 

Speakin' of Americanisms.  I fukin' hate the word 'math' as in 'you do the math'.  It's fuckin maths you stupid yank cunts.  It's short for mathematics.  Plural.  Fuckin' math my arse.  Fuck off.

5 hours ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Speakin' of Americanisms.  I fukin' hate the word 'math' as in 'you do the math'.  It's fuckin maths you stupid yank cunts.  It's short for mathematics.  Plural.  Fuckin' math my arse.  Fuck off.

Check this, though... 

The actual Western word is 'Mathema', it's Ancient Greek for 'What is learned'. 

So, you're also saying it incorrectly. You're saying it as incorrectly as the Yanks are, in fact. It's not math, it's not maths, it's mathema. Actually, 'math' is probably closer, because it's a contraction with no random S tacked on at the end. Not sure the 'plural' thing stands up to scrutiny either... we don't say Geometries just because there's more than one shape, or Englishes because there are tons of words.

Anyway, If I recall correctly, the entire discipline comes from the Babylonians, or Sumerians or somesuch, meaning the original word is probably something even more obscure, so, and don't get mad, even Mathema is saying it wrong... from the point of view of a Babylonian or a Sumerian. 

There's probably some cuneiform tablet buried in the desert, where a disgruntled Sumerian has recorded his anger that these stupid Greek cunts are calling it Mathema. 

spacer.png

Point being... point being Fuck the Huns.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
4 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Check this, though... 

The actual Western word is 'Mathema', it's Ancient Greek for 'What is learned'. 

So, you're also saying it incorrectly. You're saying it as incorrectly as the Yanks are, in fact. It's not math, it's not maths, it's mathema. Actually, 'math' is probably closer, because it's a contraction with no random S tacked on at the end. Not sure the 'plural' thing stands up to scrutiny either... we don't say Geometries just because there's more than one shape, or Englishes because there are tons of words.

Anyway, If I recall correctly, the entire discipline comes from the Babylonians, or Sumerians or somesuch, meaning the original word is probably something even more obscure, so, and don't get mad, even Mathema is saying it wrong... from the point of view of a Babylonian or a Sumerian. 

There's probably some cuneiform tablet buried in the desert, where a disgruntled Sumerian has recorded his anger that these stupid Greek cunts are calling it Mathema. 

spacer.png

Point being... point being Fuck the Huns.

Aye, fuck the huns.  The rest is pish.

10 hours ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

The use of 'Super'. 

im super excited.

it's super easy to do

its super big

...and so on.

No!