Pet Hates

StandFree1982

2 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Ive got through life thus far and have never been stung by bee nor wasp, once. 

Happen I'm one of these folk though that will have a massive anaphylactic shock  if I do get stung and it will kill me.

ah no.

I disturbed a wasp/bee nest looking for firewood up the Kelvin a few years back. Got stung 7 times,  they were all over me,  had to take my top off because they were inside my top.  I was surprised how long it stung for,  was still feeling stung 3 or 4 days later. The weirdest thing was,  that night when I got home,  there was about 20 bees flying into my kitchen window trying to get in,  and I live at least a mile from the nest. When I got stung I must've been 'tagged'  and they just followed the scent. Anyway,  now I know I'm not allergic to bee stings. 

5 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

I disturbed a wasp/bee nest looking for firewood up the Kelvin a few years back. Got stung 7 times,  they were all over me,  had to take my top off because they were inside my top.  I was surprised how long it stung for,  was still feeling stung 3 or 4 days later. The weirdest thing was,  that night when I got home,  there was about 20 bees flying into my kitchen window trying to get in,  and I live at least a mile from the nest. When I got stung I must've been 'tagged'  and they just followed the scent. Anyway,  now I know I'm not allergic to bee stings. 

Loved My Girl. 

10 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Ive got through life thus far and have never been stung by bee nor wasp, once. 

Happen I'm one of these folk though that will have a massive anaphylactic shock  if I do get stung and it will kill me.

ah no.

Think it's the second sting you can get an anaphylactic shock from. It takes the first one for your body to decide it really doesn't like it.

Been stung once on the neck, while I was cycling. Awaiting #2.

Got stung on the wrist by a wasp after punching its pal dead. Served me right.

A lesson of life learned.

The wasps over here, whilst annoying fuckers, aren't as bad as their cousins over in Bulgaria. It look a few sprays from a can of Raid, a rolled-up newspaper, and my brother's 24 stone pal jumping on top of it, after a 30 minute battle, to eventually kill a hornet that had flown into my brother's hotel room. 

1 hour ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Hate folk that overreact (like there’s a lion in the vacinity) when they see a wasp

acting like a twat will get you stung 

Not true some of them are cunts

i got stung for nae reason whatsoever just sitting having lunch outside and it divebombed me for no reason whatsoever

Hun cunt

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Got stung on the wrist by a wasp after punching its pal dead. Served me right.

A lesson of life learned.

The wasps over here, whilst annoying fuckers, aren't as bad as their cousins over in Bulgaria. It look a few sprays from a can of Raid, a rolled-up newspaper, and my brother's 24 stone pal jumping on top of it, after a 30 minute battle, to eventually kill a hornet that had flown into my brother's hotel room. 

Hornets are a different kettle of fish. Seen thon Asian ones, look absolutely massive. 

7 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Hornets are a different kettle of fish. Seen thon Asian ones, look absolutely massive. 

Aye they certainly are min, huge buggers of creatures. 

The hornet in Bulgaria was twice the size of the ones we get here, plus it had what looked like a sac of venom attached to its abdomen. I may be wrong though. 

However, fuck getting whatever it was pumped into your body. 

5 hours ago, chief_wiggum said:

My boring Bee / Wasp story

Sitting outside with a mate in Croatia having a pint and a wasp landed on my neck, I went to touch whatever it was crawling on me and it stung me, my mate then jumps up knocking over the table and his drink as he frantically run about windmilling like a nutter ? all over 1 wasp.

Are you the “casual” that looks like Clancy wiggum? 

On 8/12/2021 at 12:39 PM, For Fecks Sake said:

Not sure what's worse, some lad taking his girlfriend along to the golf driving range for her to just stand there and watch him hit a bucket of balls or the lassie for agreeing to go in the first place! 

What about the guy that takes his bird round the golf course? She's not playing, simply just wandering around with him. Most of us go on the golf course to get away from the wife and kids, not spend it with them!