Pet Hates

StandFree1982

Is Drill not a really shit London based rap ting made by 14yr old black yoots who rap about how hard they are cos they skive skool, chib each other for fuckall and smoke joints outside the chicken shop? (Aka roadmen yi get me)

If youre white, over 15, and listen to that youve got serious issues iyam. 

Ive never actually heard drill but i’ll assume all that. 

7 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Is Drill not a really shit London based rap ting made by 14yr old black yoots who rap about how hard they are cos they skive skool, chib each other for fuckall and smoke joints outside the chicken shop? (Aka roadmen yi get me)

Nothing at all to do with stabbings

3 hours ago, Simply Red said:

Drill is drill. Don’t confuse it with grime 

A million times better than the American black nonsense parky likes. Some of those lines are incredible 

4 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Hud the fucking bus with the massive attack on Massive Attack!! 

Hoomama!!

You best step away from that keyboard waaayt boy.

They're pish. One of those ' bands' that folk feel compelled to say they like . Band is n inverted commas because as far as Im aware they rarely get together and post things to some remote location to get pieced into a song. 

28 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

That is utter shite. Trying to make it all it 'arty' and sophisticated just disguises how shite it is.  Massive Attack are the same.  One decent song perhaps then a load of pretentious nonsense.Who ever lists to an album like at all the way through ? Just shite.

Think youre fishing there hanzo. Blue Lines /Massive Attack is a bloody classic album. Wouldnt even consider it a rap album. 

Wu Tang are the kings of the hip hop game for me (y’all)

20 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

They're pish. One of those ' bands' that folk feel compelled to say they like . Band is n inverted commas because as far as Im aware they rarely get together and post things to some remote location to get pieced into a song. 

Nonsense.

And theres always dickheads out there who latch on to anything perceived as cool, cant blame the band for that tho. 

9 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Come away. 

It's poetry with music behind it. I think it sounds good. Not hugely into Kano but got a few pals who are, I do think he's talented. 

Nah Consi, you get to a certain stage where you can see the audience they are trying to attract and the aura they are trying to create. Its' not natural and is so contrived . Look at the drummer for fuck sake

17 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Come away. 

It's poetry with music behind it. I think it sounds good. Not hugely into Kano but got a few pals who are, I do think he's talented. 

I used to think like that. Then I started reading actual poetry, and now the lack of skill and technique in stuff like that makes it cringe.

30 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

It's a bit of fun IMO. 

I think I've said before, if folk don't like it, that's on them, fair dos. But, it is born of a specific culture and a specific time, it's the music of today- like it or not. 

Aye but they've got their own channels for that fucking pish, why do they need to pollute our channels with it. Keep it to 1xtra.

14 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Seriously? 

One of my favourite poets is Charles Bukowski, I've got two big books of his stuff. He's revered as a great poet, and some of the stuff he wrote just about any cunt could've written. 

The point is though, that he wrote it. I'd suggest it takes quite a bit of skill to sit and write poetry, and recite it in time, with speed, to a piece of music. 

Most modern poetry is lacking in any kind of technical skill, as you say, anyone could write it. That's a big minus for me. Don't know Bukowski though, and happy to be wrong. Can you recommend me a poem or two?

Guest milne_afc
40 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Seriously? 

One of my favourite poets is Charles Bukowski, I've got two big books of his stuff. He's revered as a great poet, and some of the stuff he wrote just about any cunt could've written. 

The point is though, that he wrote it. I'd suggest it takes quite a bit of skill to sit and write poetry, and recite it in time, with speed, to a piece of music. 

Back to P&B with this shit.

38 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Seriously? 

@manboobs109 You letting this bent as fuck shit go POTY?

• Haha 2