Pet Hates

StandFree1982

1 hour ago, For Fecks Sake said:

One of my current Pet Hates - the overuse of the word "Entrepreneur".

Would appear any fucker who sells the odd candle, or does someone's nails, claims to be one.

Should Baz from Northfield who buys coke and mixes it with baby powder and sells it for inflated prices to unsuspecting students claim to be an Entrepreneur?

Loved Star Trek

1 hour ago, For Fecks Sake said:

One of my current Pet Hates - the overuse of the word "Entrepreneur".

Would appear any fucker who sells the odd candle, or does someone's nails, claims to be one.

Should Baz from Northfield who buys coke and mixes it with baby powder and sells it for inflated prices to unsuspecting students claim to be an Entrepreneur?

He doesn’t mix it with baby powder. Take that back. Bloody ledge is Baz. 

Just now, Parklife said:

Ledges standing up for what they believe in and trying to affect change. 

Good luck to them. 

Serious change has often required civil disobedience. I'm glad these guys are doing what they're doing. 

Even you must think that guy's sign is an attention seeking abomination. "In mourning for life on Earth" bit premature.

He was in the papers yesterday, he's a private landlord with 6 properties, none of the insulated or energy efficient. The guy is a hypocritical prick.

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Ledges standing up for what they believe in and trying to affect change. 

Good luck to them. 

Serious change has often required civil disobedience. I'm glad these guys are doing what they're doing. 

Can they get better signs then cos those ones just make me want to kill them both.

Its all about them “oh im so sad about the earth and my unborn children, im in mourning” Pathetic

9 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Even you must think that guy's sign is an attention seeking abomination. "In mourning for life on Earth" bit premature.

Yeah. The signs in that photo are pathetic. 

9 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

He was in the papers yesterday, he's a private landlord with 6 properties, none of the insulated or energy efficient. The guy is a hypocritical prick.

Aye. If that's true, he's a cunt. So is anyone who owns 6 properties in order to profit. 

All they are doing is turning people against them, even people who agree with them. Why not try and get private companies to contribute to a cause and shame the government into it? Companies are desperate to "greenwash" just now.

Blocking old women who've had strokes from getting to hospital and stopping people getting to work won't make the government do a thing.

It's almost the perfect example of selfish attention seeking.

Hope they get run over.

• Upvote 2
47 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Aye. If that's true, he's a cunt. So is anyone who owns 6 properties in order to profit. 

Why? Don’t get that view at all, some folk have to rent as they can’t afford to buy or get a mortgage, what’s your problem with somebody buying an asset and renting it out?

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Exploiting a basic human need in shelter is immoral to me. 

Near impossible to pay rent AND save for a mortgage unless you're on a very, very good salary, or have parents willing to help you out. 

The UK has more vacated homes than homeless people on the street. 

It's greed, opportunistic exploitation of something that every rational person would argue is a necessity. 

It’s not exploitation. People need houses. Landlords rent them out as the tenants can’t afford to buy outright. What do you want them to do?

Live with their parents?

5 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Jealousy that they don't own 6 houses? 

Landlords offer fuck all to the economy aside from personal wealth again. 

They don't employ people on the backs of their properties, it doesn't benefit the renter, as they'll never see the money again. 

They are cunts. Even the ones who don't get why, still cunts. 

Complete bullshit again. 

Who do you think does the property maintenance on rented houses?

Plumbers, sparkies etc. 

It’s a much required business. We get it. You think all people should have one house. That’s not how it works. 

What is wrong is people buying big mansions and leaving them empty. That’s not a landlord issue though. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Jealousy that they don't own 6 houses? 

Landlords offer fuck all to the economy aside from personal wealth again. 

They don't employ people on the backs of their properties, it doesn't benefit the renter, as they'll never see the money again. 

They are cunts. Even the ones who don't get why, still cunts. 

Your comment was fuck ALL landlords.

Lots of folks have maybe 1 property which gives them an income and an increasing lump sum.

Why don't they work for their income? They are taking someone's wages because of a necessity for shelter. 

You can have some cunt that inherits a property, didn't do any work to get that property, and have an income he can live off of by exploiting some poor bigger without that luxury. 

Im not naive enough to think it'll ever go away but I do think there should be a cap on the amount of properties people can own. 

How many properties should one be allowed to own ?

People can't afford houses, yet there are people with several houses who profit off someone else's situation? 

You've made my point for me there. You're aware renters, unless they can stay with relatives, have a lack of options to hand. That's why it's exploitative. 

Cheers. 

I haven’t made any point for you. 

It’s a business. A renter not being able to afford to buy outright isn’t because a landlord bought the house. It’s because they don’t have the wage to buy a house in the area they want. 

A landlord allows that person to be able to stay in a house he could otherwise not afford. 

Everybody wins apart from the anti capitalist who refuses to buy things from shops because the shopkeeper if profiting from selling food which is another of life’s essentials. 

You do buy food don’t you?

And clothes?

Are you anti shopkeepers too or is it just landlords exploiting basic human survival essentials?

• Haha 4
3 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

You think heaps of landlords hire fully qualified sparkies and plumbers? 

In my experience, they absolutely do fucking not. 

I do. 

I can’t speak for anyone else. It would appear your gripe is with inheritance properties and not hard working businessmen. Thanks for clearing that up. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

A very interesting take, Parky min, considering you work in the construction industry.

These owners keep you in business surely?

Some landlords I dealt with in a previous job, did exploit folk that were desperate to get a roof over their head by charging extortionate prices in comparison with social landlords. However, needs must I'm afraid and a large percentage of the  tenants I dealt with qualified for HB and a DHP to offset the entire rental costs, if not partially. 

5 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Why don't they work for their income? They are taking someone's wages because of a necessity for shelter. 

You can have some cunt that inherits a property, didn't do any work to get that property, and have an income he can live off of by exploiting some poor bigger without that luxury. 

Im not naive enough to think it'll ever go away but I do think there should be a cap on the amount of properties people can own. 

They do work for their income. They run property businesses. That’s working for a business.