Pet Hates

StandFree1982

• Site Sponsor
27 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

She's not a slum landlord, she has one property that she charges the going rate for, which is still IMO, too much. 

Fuck all landlords is more saying fuck the landlord as a "profession." 

You'll get folk who simply don't understand how what they are doing is fundamentally wrong, and are blissfully ignorant, hard to dislike that kind of person. 

Then you get the folk who try to justify it when challenged, like they are doing the renters a favour, then you get slum landlords etc. 

Letting agencies are also swine. I know someone who works for one and tells us all the secrets, proper scum. All weighed in the favour of the landlord. 

Jesus H Christ

I quite fancied being a slum landlord. 

Buy up a block of flats downtown, minimal repair, rent out at outrageous prices that the city will supplement, go round collecting rent and affect an Eastern European accent... because I always imagine slumlords to be Eastern European... and tell the single mother renters, "Well, if pretty lady can't pay rent... maybe we come to some... other... arrangement, eh?  Eh? Hehehehehe!"

Fucking topper of a job. Wouldn't even all it a job. Pure recreation for profit. 

spacer.png

25 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Why should someone have to absolutely pan their cunt in for something viewed as a necessity to live? There should be some guarantees in life, housing is one of them. 

Different if you want a new car, bigger house, etc etc, then I take your point. 

Free houses for everybody. That’ll fix it. 

7 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

That second paragraph is laughable rubbish. 

They don't "give them" the opportunity, they exploit their necessity for a place to live. The reason most people rent is because they don't earn enough money to save for a house. 

Most renters are people under 35, many of which will be on low wages, crap contracts, etc etc. I know from experience. 

What do you say to gentrification? Whereby people go into traditionally 'poorer' areas, buy up property, and raise the rental prices? People being forced to move out of places they grew up because they can't afford it. Should they just live somewhere different? 

The poor should stay in poor areas, spreading them out just brings down more areas, it's something I feel strongly about, leave people in areas they know and love, this move them to better areas doesn't make the mink a better person, it simply plants minks in good areas, they then start eroding where they are.

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, daytripping said:

The poor should stay in poor areas, spreading them out just brings down more areas, it's something I feel strongly about, leave people in areas they know and love, this move them to better areas doesn't make the mink a better person, it simply plants minks in good areas, they then start eroding where they are.

I don't know if you're trolling or not, but I agree with that anyway. 

You take minks and put them in a decent area, and they're not going to start acting like normal people... if anything they'll immediately start work on a pile of used car tyres, let their garden go to shit, and generally act like they were still in a minky area where mink behaviour is acceptable. 

Wall them into their mink areas. 

This is not speculation, btw... I've had a series of neighbours who rented the adjacent property, and despite them now living in a nice area they take their abject minkery with them. 

The best neighbours we had were the Syrians, who at least appreciated not living in a war zone. 

They'd no fucking idea how to deal with a cold climate, but they were brilliant neighbours. 

They did help themselves to the leaves off my grapevines, though... the scallywags. And they'd no idea how driveways work.

Their first encounter with snow was legendary. Absolutely terrified, excited, and confused all at once. 

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Minks are lazy bastards. Leaving a load of shite eg kids toys, old flat pack furniture etc outside their front door for months at a time because they cant be bothered doing anything about it. 

On the nose. 

You can tell a mink by the state they keep their house in. 

If outside looks like a jungle, and inside looks like a jumble sale, you can guarantee the bird's getting battered and bidey-in is on the rob. 

25 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

That second paragraph is laughable rubbish. 

They don't "give them" the opportunity, they exploit their necessity for a place to live. The reason most people rent is because they don't earn enough money to save for a house. 

Most renters are people under 35, many of which will be on low wages, crap contracts, etc etc. I know from experience. 

What do you say to gentrification? Whereby people go into traditionally 'poorer' areas, buy up property, and raise the rental prices? People being forced to move out of places they grew up because they can't afford it. Should they just live somewhere different? 

They do give them the opportunity. Without the rental property they’d have to live somewhere else. 

I’ve no view on gentrification as it’s something I’ve got no experience on. It doesn’t sound a nice thing to do. Seems you’re trying to deflect a bit. 

End of the day your views on landlords are clear (inherited wealth ones) and the rest is just complete waffle  

8 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

A guy who used to go up and down the country scrapping other men on the weekend. 

To some folks, that would be mink behaviour. 

Bloody good honest fun, cleaning the streets of vermin while supporting the team through thick and thin, I think most people would call it ledge behaviour. Made it safe for your average supporter away from home as well, was dangerous in the 70's/80's.

The club are bending over backwards to accommodate the reunion,  they don't see it as mink behaviour.

4 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

No. Without the rental property, they might not have anywhere to live, or live in a situation less than ideal to what they need to live. The renter is giving the landlord an opportunity to make profit/pay off a mortgage by means of needing somewhere to stay (something everyone needs.) 

I don't agree with private housing. 

Not deflecting re gentrification as it's a point worth noting, if anyone can just buy up what they like, with disregard to how it effects anyone else, knowing they'll always have a rental market , how is it fair folk, because of this, are priced out of living where they grew up? 

Finnieston in Glasgow a great example of that, 20/30 years ago it was viewed as a total shithole, somewhere you didn't want to be at night, now it's a trendy blah blah coffee place and rent is through the roof, hardly anyone from the area originally lives there now.

Finnieston has barely changed in 30 years. 

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Not a soul I know who's from Glasgow/has lived in Glasgow agrees with that. 

Cool. I remember the area well from 30 years ago and its barely changed . My sister stayed there for a bit as well.  It's always been a mixture of students sharing flats, dodgy cunts, nicer flats, pubs, restaurants . If anything the area is worse than it was. 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

No. Without the rental property, they might not have anywhere to live, or live in a situation less than ideal to what they need to live. The renter is giving the landlord an opportunity to make profit/pay off a mortgage by means of needing somewhere to stay (something everyone needs.) 

I don't agree with private housing. 

Not deflecting re gentrification as it's a point worth noting, if anyone can just buy up what they like, with disregard to how it effects anyone else, knowing they'll always have a rental market , how is it fair folk, because of this, are priced out of living where they grew up? 

Finnieston in Glasgow a great example of that, 20/30 years ago it was viewed as a total shithole, somewhere you didn't want to be at night, now it's a trendy blah blah coffee place and rent is through the roof, hardly anyone from the area originally lives there now.

More shite.