Pet Hates

StandFree1982

41 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Climate change idiots.

It rains 'oh it's cause of climate change'. Rain has always been there and is no different to what it was 50 years ago.

It's sunshine 'oh it's cause of climate change' despite it being no different to what it was 50 years ago.

'It's cause icebergs are melting ya know' 

David Attenborough has fairly jumped onto this bandwagon, used to like his stuff but now he's over stayed his welcome.

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

Climate change idiots.

It rains 'oh it's cause of climate change'. Rain has always been there and is no different to what it was 50 years ago.

It's sunshine 'oh it's cause of climate change' despite it being no different to what it was 50 years ago.

Nats are right on the bandwagon, she'll destroy the NE economy for some likes. It's all a load of bollocks.

The pope getting involved is bizarre, why doesn't he ask his mate god to sort it.

10 hours ago, chief_wiggum said:

David Attenborough has fairly jumped onto this bandwagon, used to like his stuff but now he's over stayed his welcome.

My thoughts exactly .He’s 95. If he was so interested in the future of the planet he’d have started banging on about this stuff seriously 20 years ago ,minimum. 

Stick to exotic frogs you old prick.

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, Roberto said:

Climate change idiots.

It is different. Very different to 50 years ago.

Enough evidence to show clearly that climate change is happening and if anything accelerating Roberto min.

Global mean temperatures on the rise, sea temperatures clearly on the rise, global weather increasing in power.

Its happening alright and little wonder when you measure the global carbon emissions in modern times.

Vehicle emissions/air traffic/boat engines alone are unbelievable when you consider the global collective. And we are cutting down trees and destroying carbon absorbing marine plant life at an equally unsustainable rate. Doesn’t take genius to work out that it isn’t sustainable.

Temperatures on the rise in the UK?

Pretty certain 1976 was hottest summer on Aberdeen record. I want heat. Give me heat. 

Anyways, piss taking aside, I'm also not claiming it isn't happening. My annoyance is muppets who jump on board with it that have no clue what they are fighting about.

I also never ever see answers to what they want done.

1. Hence why I have said for the 3rd time now 'aye... but icebergs melting'.

Its just stupid.

Climate change... as most people fly in on their private jets. Picked up in their private Merc cars, moaning about 'damn plastics' as they drink from their plastic bottles of water in their Canada Goose jacket types. Far fetched. 

It's just feeble arguments put across by bandwagon jumpers and social media jerks that seem to be part of my generation. It's the new in thing right now, but what are you going to do, what's your suggestion I sais? 

Oh well... that's not my duty, but erm... yeah climate change. It's just fucking feeble.

Just to be clear, my pet hate is climate change idiots, not climate change itself. I'm well aware there is plenty evidence, 2. but there is also evidence to suggest certain things are no different, Infact probably worse years ago that the climate change idiots argue about.

1. That's the biggest indicator 'berto.

The Polar caps historical data shows ice coverage shrinking year on year. That alone tells you it's getting warmer year on year.

2. Haven't seen any evidence to indicate things are no different.

Would like to see this. Saying it's just as warm today as it was this time last year isn't evidence. 

The snowfall average is an argument I can understand, I would never disagree on that front.

Can you see other countries getting on board with climate change? Russia, China, Africans and the likes? What do these climate change bandwagon jumpers suggest?

Not you, not I, not posters on here but the social media gypes that know little on the subject barring watching an Attenborough programme once and using buzz words.

That's why campaigners campaign. To try and get the Russians and chinks on board.

How much difference it would make I doubt it would make any. 

Every little helps though. If you were told 20 years ago you have to recycle all your plastics cardboard and bottles or you'd not get your rubbish collected from the bin men you'd have said wise up. It's part of everyday life now. 

2 hours ago, Roberto said:

In what way Boof?

When discussing certain rainfall and flooding etc. I look at certain 'dehta' and seems same to me.

Now I'm not claiming to be one of the more clever posters on here but explain?

I know there are certain differences but when arguing with these climate change monkeys, their arguments are very poor and easily argued with.

To me, it's an 'our generation' thing I like to call it, that many folk jump on topics like using the phrase 'oh climate change' but don't know what the fuck they are jumping on board with.

'Yeah but... icebergs melting' is the go to.

Evidence | Facts – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet (nasa.gov)

That'll do for starters.

(If you trust NASA obviously and are a moon landing believer.)

1 minute ago, Roberto said:

And what is suggestion?

Ground flights. Stop fossil fuels is an easy thing to say but most people there today complaining about NO FOSSIL FUELS are in clothing made from the thing they want to do away with.

My ignorance isn't towards climate change, it's completely aimed at bandwagon jumpers.

All the banners and slogans but yet never an answer.

It’s not a bandwagon though, it’s a real event happening. 
Trouble is, there are too many folk who have the attitude “fuck it it wont affect me”

How much of a cunt must it be if you cone from a poverty stricken developing country. You have worked your fingers to the bone carrying buckets of water for 50 miles a day in your bare feet in 110 degree heat. You’ve done this for 20 years and have earned enough money to buy a vauxhall viva estate but unfortunately the government announces - nah sorry mate you can’t have that. The bar has been raised and you now need to buy an all electric bastard for £40k ??‍♂️?‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

It’s not a bandwagon though, it’s a real event happening. 
Trouble is, there are too many folk who have the attitude “fuck it it wont affect me”

How much of a cunt must it be if you cone from a poverty stricken developing country. You have worked your fingers to the bone carrying buckets of water for 50 miles a day in your bare feet in 110 degree heat. You’ve done this for 20 years and have earned enough money to buy a vauxhall viva estate but unfortunately the government announces - nah sorry mate you can’t have that. The bar has been raised and you now need to buy an all electric bastard for £40k ??‍♂️?‍♂️

That's got nothing to do with global warming. That's just gross stupidity in not relocating to where the water is.

14 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I believe firmly in recycling.

It's one thing I really am 'anal' about. I hate cunts who don't.

But what next? I'm not completely picking at you here, but you are responding, what are the main suggestions? I ask people this and no one seems to have the answer for it.

Some of it is complete stupidity.

I'm fucked if I know. 

Not my skill set.

Reducing carbon emissions seems most plausible given that's what's being held to account for causing it.

I'm no campaigner. Just like to see folk doing their bit.

Double edged sword however. Oil and Gas pays my bills. 

5 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I think you misinterpret...

I know it's a real thing. I have stated this. What pisses me off is the usual 'my generation' bam pots who jump on the bandwagon with something of this ilk despite knowing very little.

As you can see yourself, I'm wanting to be educated on it cause I've not taken a massive interest in world affairs.

My annoyance (as with BLM, trans folk) so many things go on social media and folk jump on board 'oh that looks a cool thing to be seen to be doing for likes'. That's my pet hate which has started this really.

Yeah i get that and agree with you wholeheartedly.

All i’m saying is that there is a bit of a difference between some of these things you refer to and climate change.

Climate change is not a Trend or a matter of opinion. The others things you mention are.

Anyway, i’m off out to start my car engines and leave them running in the drive. Will also turn my house heating (gas/air source hybrid boiler) up to max and leave the doors open with the lights on for good measure ??

4 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

Yeah i get that and agree with you wholeheartedly.

All i’m saying is that there is a bit of a difference between some of these things you refer to and climate change.

Climate change is not a Trend or a matter of opinion. The others things you mention are.

Anyway, i’m off out to start my car engines and leave them running in the drive. Will also turn my house heating (gas/air source hybrid boiler) up to max and leave the doors open with the lights on for good measure ??

I do that in the winter in order that the car is nice and toasty for me getting in and saves me having to scrape the windows of ice. Drives my neighbour mental.

9 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

That's got nothing to do with global warming. That's just gross stupidity in not relocating to where the water is.

The link to global warming there, is that so many developing countries now have improving economies, which allow their people to be able to afford cars. No way if you are in this position you are going to not buy a car because of the threat of global warming.

Thus massively contributing to an increase in CO2 emmissions. 

2 minutes ago, Roberto said:

And that's the end point.

You don't have the answers, we don't have the answers but neither do half the social media gypes who like to be seen campaigning. You ask the question... they give the same shite excuses.

Scientists seem to know the answers. They're better placed than Willie fae Inverurie. 

1 minute ago, Reed or deed said:

The link to global warming there, is that so many developing countries now have improving economies, which allow their people to be able to afford cars. No way if you are in this position you are going to not buy a car because of the threat of global warming.

Thus massively contributing to an increase in CO2 emmissions. 

A car is the least of their priorities if they don't have a tap with running water.