StandFree1982

Pet Hates

24 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Drill is drill. Don’t confuse it with grime 

A million times better than the American black nonsense parky likes. Some of those lines are incredible 

He’s no Temptations or Four Tops (or even Billy Ocean) 

Thats for sure 

4 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Hud the fucking bus with the massive attack on Massive Attack!! 

Hoomama!!

You best step away from that keyboard waaayt boy.

They're pish. One of those ' bands' that folk feel compelled to say they like . Band is n inverted commas because as far as Im aware they rarely get together and post things to some remote location to get pieced into a song. 

Edited by Sooper-hanz

8 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Here's a song, (a cover granted) that is a million times better than anything 'Kano' could ever hope to come out with .

Hit it boys, get the fingers clicking ...

good. 

but it’s no Against All Odds

3 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Banksy is in Massive Attack 

so is the ogg

onster

8 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Banksy is in Massive Attack 

He should stick to graffiti on pubic buildings if he is. (which simpletons pay a fortune for)

28 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

That is utter shite. Trying to make it all it 'arty' and sophisticated just disguises how shite it is.  Massive Attack are the same.  One decent song perhaps then a load of pretentious nonsense.Who ever lists to an album like at all the way through ? Just shite.

Think youre fishing there hanzo. Blue Lines /Massive Attack is a bloody classic album. Wouldnt even consider it a rap album. 

Wu Tang are the kings of the hip hop game for me (y’all)

20 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

They're pish. One of those ' bands' that folk feel compelled to say they like . Band is n inverted commas because as far as Im aware they rarely get together and post things to some remote location to get pieced into a song. 

Nonsense.

And theres always dickheads out there who latch on to anything perceived as cool, cant blame the band for that tho. 

1 minute ago, Simply Red said:

Nonsense.

And theres always dickheads out there who latch on to anything perceived as cool, cant blame the band for that tho. 

Well, I think they could easily dispel the 'coolness ' aspect' . They choose not to.

9 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Come away. 

It's poetry with music behind it. I think it sounds good. Not hugely into Kano but got a few pals who are, I do think he's talented. 

Nah Consi, you get to a certain stage where you can see the audience they are trying to attract and the aura they are trying to create. Its' not natural and is so contrived . Look at the drummer for fuck sake

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Yer being a crabbit al bastert

That's probably a fair point .

2 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Well, I think they could easily dispel the 'coolness ' aspect' . They choose not to.

How do they dispel the coolness aspect? By being shite? By appearing on Loose Women? Surely thats just boyzone. That what yir after?

17 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Come away. 

It's poetry with music behind it. I think it sounds good. Not hugely into Kano but got a few pals who are, I do think he's talented. 

I used to think like that. Then I started reading actual poetry, and now the lack of skill and technique in stuff like that makes it cringe.

I listened to some drill music a few weeks ago. Was introduced to it by the whitest most German German in over sized clothes you could imagine. 

Told him it was shite, he never changed my mind. 

30 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

It's a bit of fun IMO. 

I think I've said before, if folk don't like it, that's on them, fair dos. But, it is born of a specific culture and a specific time, it's the music of today- like it or not. 

Aye but they've got their own channels for that fucking pish, why do they need to pollute our channels with it. Keep it to 1xtra.

Edited by manboobs109

14 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Seriously? 

One of my favourite poets is Charles Bukowski, I've got two big books of his stuff. He's revered as a great poet, and some of the stuff he wrote just about any cunt could've written. 

The point is though, that he wrote it. I'd suggest it takes quite a bit of skill to sit and write poetry, and recite it in time, with speed, to a piece of music. 

Most modern poetry is lacking in any kind of technical skill, as you say, anyone could write it. That's a big minus for me. Don't know Bukowski though, and happy to be wrong. Can you recommend me a poem or two?

Edited by Ramandu

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Radio 1 plays pop music, always has and probably always will. 

That's what's popular right now. 

You don't have to listen to the radio, I don't!

It was on radio 6. C'mon to fuck we're allowed something surely?

Aye - here Consi come on now; there's fucking channels aplenty to dedicate to stuff; no sense whatsoever sticking random shite on places where folk look at their radio, confused and upset (see above)

Fine back in the day sure, when there was only morse code or whatever; you took what you got. These days, if I visited heavymetalclassics.com I'm no expecting or fucking wanting to here countijng crows or some fucking muck.

It's just cunts aggressively forcing themselves on cunts and its no fucking on Consi - no sir bob.

18 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

One drill song on radio 6 and you're losing it. 

Snowflake generation 

You know where it comes from though and it's nippy. You can play as dumb as you want but you know it's stupid.

Cultural bullying is how I'd describe it.

40 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Seriously? 

One of my favourite poets is Charles Bukowski, I've got two big books of his stuff. He's revered as a great poet, and some of the stuff he wrote just about any cunt could've written. 

The point is though, that he wrote it. I'd suggest it takes quite a bit of skill to sit and write poetry, and recite it in time, with speed, to a piece of music. 

Back to P&B with this shit.

• Haha 6

38 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Seriously? 

@manboobs109 You letting this bent as fuck shit go POTY?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Radio 6 plays all sorts of different music. That's kind of the point of the channel, I always thought? 

No reason they shouldn't play drill music. The guys aren't forcing themselves on anyone, they made a tune, it got released, folk like it, etc etc. 

It's a radio lads, you can turn it off. If I'm watching the Simpsons and Modern Family comes on, I switch the fucker. I don't decry modern family cause I find it shite, ken? 

Aye here consi - I'm no talking about the Drill cunts, I'm talking about the BBC cunts - make more specific channels you arseholes.

4 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

What I meant to say was. 

I fucked a bird last night with a bottle of wine and drank the booze out her vagina. 

Just a typo

Good lad Oggie. That's the spirit.

58 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

How do they dispel the coolness aspect?  

By wearing clothes from the Paul Smith sale.

20 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

You know where it comes from though and it's nippy. You can play as dumb as you want but you know it's stupid.

Cultural bullying is how I'd describe it.

Yep, a god point I agree. It's almost as if you have to like this and if you don't it's because you're racist .

Edited by Sooper-hanz

13 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

By wearing clothes from the Paul Smith sale.

Good stuff Hanz

6 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Or, they just played a song on the fucking radio and it's not that deep? 

Something stinks here. 

• Haha 1