Pet Hates

StandFree1982

14 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Folk "working from home".

We are a very low productivity nation as it is.

The amount of fuckers who treat Monday as a day to ease into the week and Friday as the start of the weekend. 

Many folk who "work from home" are even worse.

Bloke in street spends more time on his exercise bike in the garage than actually working. The country's going to rat shit!!

Rant over.

Lol.

Utter nonsense 

• Dildo 1

1 hour ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

We are a very low productivity nation as it is.

The amount of fuckers who treat Monday as a day to ease into the week and Friday as the start of the weekend. 

Many folk who "work from home" are even worse.

Bloke in street spends more time on his exercise bike in the garage than actually working. The country's going to rat shit!!

Rant over.

Not allowed to WFH ^^^

EDIT: or retired. :whistling:

Guest milne_afc
16 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Always laugh at younger generations living to standards that the older generations certainly didn't set the conditions for.

Funny that because a few posts ago you seemed a little exercised. Glad you’ve perked up.

Seriously, congrats on the retirement at 55. That’s good stuff.

Rant over.

Guy I know works from home, for the Cooncil.

Yet the idiot posts his runs on Strava every day, during when, presumably, he is supposed to be working 

I presume he is just diligent at getting his work done.....

58 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Always laugh at younger generations living to standards that the older generations certainly didn't set the conditions for.

They certainly did, though. 

Why do you give a fuck about folk working from home if you're retired, anyway? 

Have you ever thought the "low productivity" is partly a result of folk dragging themselves to a miserable office every day, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week? 

Is there any evidence that WFH is decreasing productivity? Or is it just that you've got a Victorian view on how work should be and if people don't have to be miserable like you clearly are, then they aren't working hard enough? 

It's genuinely folk like you who make this country what it is. 

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 3
13 minutes ago, CCB III said:

They certainly did, though. 

Why do you give a fuck about folk working from home if you're retired, anyway? 

Have you ever thought the "low productivity" is partly a result of folk dragging themselves to a miserable office every day, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week? 

Is there any evidence that WFH is decreasing productivity? Or is it just that you've got a Victorian view on how work should be and if people don't have to be miserable like you clearly are, then they aren't working hard enough? 

It's genuinely folk like you who make this country what it is. 

You need to get a new job min. This one you're in will be the end of you.

Just now, The Boofon said:

You need to get a new job min. This one you're in will be the end of you.

You're telling me. 

I honestly don't know what job I'd even like to do. 27 this month and no idea on a career. 

It makes me physically sick to think of another 4 decades of doing things I despise like 70% of the time. 

Need to find a way out, you're right.

Just now, CCB III said:

You're telling me. 

I honestly don't know what job I'd even like to do. 27 this month and no idea on a career. 

It makes me physically sick to think of another 4 decades of doing things I despise like 70% of the time. 

Seriously min don't end up like me ffs. 45 and looking for a job, still no fucking idea what I want to do.

Genuinely have you not thought about social work or youth work? 

Is it?, don't give a fuck if you agree or disagree. 

Worked hard until 55, retired and glad I did, given the increasingly snowflake society we have become. 

If folk can work remotely to do their job, & the work is getting done, does it matter? 

Seems pointless asking folk to waste time fucking about with a commute if they don’t need to. 

1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

Seriously min don't end up like me ffs. 45 and looking for a job, still no fucking idea what I want to do.

Genuinely have you not thought about social work or youth work? 

Yeah, I got in to do Social Work at RGU. 

Was living in Dundee at the time and didn't want to move back home, but aye, need to buck my ideas up. 

Waiting on some sort of eureka moment that isn't likely to come.

Just now, CCB III said:

Yeah, I got in to do Social Work at RGU. 

Was living in Dundee at the time and didn't want to move back home, but aye, need to buck my ideas up. 

Waiting on some sort of eureka moment that isn't likely to come.

Reminds me of me afore DWT 

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If folk can work remotely to do their job, & the work is getting done, does it matter? 

Seems pointless asking folk to waste time fucking about with a commute if they don’t need to. 

Its the knock on effect though - if working from home you sit in yer ain hoose, all day, eating out of your fridge - if at workplace you will generally be out buying a coffee, a sarnie etc for lunch, maybe a pint, pop to the shops to buy that latest bit of "must have", all adding up to cash going round and keeping other people employed.

And there is also the social aspect of having to deal with folk, in real life, eye to eye -social interaction is good for the health of the population - look at the rise of mental illness/insecurity since covid lockdowns and WFH became a real thing.

Its funny that more people seem to be drifting back to the workplace now that utility bills have risen sharply - let the work pay for the heating / electricity for the day - and the toilet rolls.

I work from home. Have done since the start of the flying monkey virus. They just never bothered getting us back to the office. I can go in if I want, just choose not to. 

You are right though @BaaBaaRedSheep I would say I do less on a Monday as I'm easing in and less on a Friday as I'm winding down. I'm on a call right now at 3pm on a Friday afternoon whilst posting on AFC Chat and having a beer. 

But Tuesday to Thursday I would say I make up for it. Always check the laptop at 6am when I get up and reply to emails before I go for my morning run and then take the dog out. Always start work properly at 8.30am at the latest and never really take a lunch break. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this week I was in meetings until 7pm and on Wednesday was working until 9pm. 

Needs discipline, which I definitely lack on a Monday and Friday though. But I think most people are the same as they are the days I have hardly any meetings and get hardly any emails. 

Fuck knocking your pan in for any company (unless you’re self employed). I rarely get into third gear, stuff that can wait just gets left, zero commitment to the cause. 

rather just enjoy life. Won’t be buying a house anytime soon cos the boomers fucked it all for us so just spend the wonga on bloody good times 

24 minutes ago, CCB III said:

You're telling me. 

You seem like you're bang into your ideologies anyway. Not taking the piss but you should look into becoming a councillor.

You'd be a hit if you picked the right campaign. 

Couple of good terms and you'd be on the big hitter wages.

You'd obviously have to give up posting on here which is good for everyone else as well as your own mental health. Everyone's a winner.

Also you can do other jobs at the same time as being a councillor to top up the wages.

Free coffee and pancakes at various fund raising events. It's a bloody goldmine.