Pet Hates

StandFree1982

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
39 minutes ago, CCB III said:

You're telling me. 

I honestly don't know what job I'd even like to do. 27 this month and no idea on a career. 

you should start a band. 

26 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

You seem like you're bang into your ideologies anyway. Not taking the piss but you should look into becoming a councillor.

You'd be a hit if you picked the right campaign. 

Couple of good terms and you'd be on the big hitter wages.

You'd obviously have to give up posting on here which is good for everyone else as well as your own mental health. Everyone's a winner.

Also you can do other jobs at the same time as being a councillor to top up the wages.

Free coffee and pancakes at various fund raising events. It's a bloody goldmine.

I wasn't convinced until the free coffee and pancakes. 

As an aside to your "ideologies" point, I'm actually not sure I believe in anything anymore. More bits of some stuff here and there. 

I think to be purely ideological is to be an unthinking person. IMHO. 

1 minute ago, CCB III said:

I wasn't convinced until the free coffee and pancakes. 

As an aside to your "ideologies" point, I'm actually not sure I believe in anything anymore. More bits of some stuff here and there. 

I think to be purely ideological is to be an unthinking person. IMHO. 

Go for it. Stand as an independent. You don't want tarred with the SNP trans brush.

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

You're telling me. 

I honestly don't know what job I'd even like to do. 27 this month and no idea on a career. 

It makes me physically sick to think of another 4 decades of doing things I despise like 70% of the time. 

Need to find a way out, you're right.

You need to find something you like, then look at jobs / careers in that area, and how you would get into that job - training/uni/apprenticeship etc 

No point in trying/falling into a job that you hate, gonna be working for quite a few years.

Also got to be realistic - a job with 4+years of training would be hard at 27, keich wages until you are qualified etc and able to earn the real money in that job.

Social care? Start off as ambulance man / driver for old folk, couple of years of that then train, on the job, as a paramedic and big buck is you.

You're telling me. 

It makes me physically sick to think of another 4 decades of doing things I despise like 70% of the time. 

Put yourself through your NEBOSH and get a job as an HSE monkey. Any cunt can do it. Dont even need a trade behind you to tell tradesmen that they are doing things wrong. 

1 hour ago, sigh said:

Guy I know works from home, for the Cooncil.

Yet the idiot posts his runs on Strava every day, during when, presumably, he is supposed to be working 

I presume he is just diligent at getting his work done.....

That’s me that is. Who cares? If you’re not getting the work done you’ll soon get found out. Reality is most people can easily squeeze their 8-9 hour day into half that if the rest of their time was their own.

1 hour ago, manboobs109 said:

Two of my mate's WFH and fucking hate it.

I think the idea of it is better than the reality tbh.

Correct. It’s not particularly healthy being around your family 24/7 but it narrowly beats being stuck in the middle of nowhere for 3-4 weeks for me. 

1 hour ago, sigh said:

Its the knock on effect though - if working from home you sit in yer ain hoose, all day, eating out of your fridge - if at workplace you will generally be out buying a coffee, a sarnie etc for lunch, maybe a pint, pop to the shops to buy that latest bit of "must have", all adding up to cash going round and keeping other people employed.

And there is also the social aspect of having to deal with folk, in real life, eye to eye -social interaction is good for the health of the population - look at the rise of mental illness/insecurity since covid lockdowns and WFH became a real thing.

Its funny that more people seem to be drifting back to the workplace now that utility bills have risen sharply - let the work pay for the heating / electricity for the day - and the toilet rolls.

Aye, I get all that.

It’s each to their own though.

Firms should have the attitude of whatever makes the individual staff member happier & more productive, go with it, whether that’s in an office or WFH. 

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
22 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Every great band needs a bald drummer...

Join me, brother!

I'd only end up inserting those big chopstick things in my bottom. 

Besides, I am a singer. 

You'd be a good teacher I reckon.   That's your calling.   Mr Considine.  Bitches be moist. 

You're telling me. 

Jack in. Go travel. Do wee jobs as you go. Start a YouTube channel documenting your journey and get loads of bikini clad birds in the vids to get the views up and the cash rolling in.

Life is too short to spend 10hrs a day, 5 days a week doing something you hate. 

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Jack in. Go travel. Do wee jobs as you go. Start a YouTube channel documenting your journey and get loads of bikini clad birds in the vids to get the views up and the cash rolling in.

Life is too short to spend 10hrs a day, 5 days a week doing something you hate. 

Yeah, you know what, I've always wanted to do something like that. The ship certainly hasn't sailed either. 

It's a hard line to pitch to your girlfriend, though! 

1 minute ago, CCB III said:

Yeah, you know what, I've always wanted to do something like that. The ship certainly hasn't sailed either. 

Dump her and go travel, documenting your escapades on  line and make your fortune.

5 minutes ago, CCB III said:

2 minutes ago, sigh said:

Dump her and go travel, documenting your escapades on  line and make your fortune.

Sigh knows. 

You only get one life. There's plenty other women. 

39 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

HR departments. Absolute scum of the earth.

Correct. It’s all complete nonsense aswell. Get this boy to fuck. We can’t just sack him need to go through 200 meetings, allow him to have a witness and give written justification. Alright crack on.

Then get him to fuck.