Pet Hates

StandFree1982

• 3 weeks later...

Jetlag - someone has called in sick today after flying home yesterday from the east coast (+2 hours).

come away, just say you can’t be arsed with work.

Jetlag goes in with fibromyalgia and parklifes alleged residential history, for me - not convinced they are real things 

• Haha 2
  • Dildo 2
19 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Jetlag - someone has called in sick today after flying home yesterday from the east coast (+2 hours).

Jetlag goes in with fibromyalgia and parklifes alleged residential history, for me - not convinced they are real things 

Point of order, it’s 3 hours if it’s not QLD.

6 hours ago, Poodler said:

^ weasel. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 2
6 hours ago, Poodler said:

#Humblebrag.

Cringe

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
On 1/9/2023 at 1:53 AM, Poodler said:

Labyrinthitis was a fictitious but very contagious condition that some folk caught during my days at SEPA in Torry. 

I wonder if they were they stuck in the maze at Hazlehead Park at the point of phoning in sick?🤔

On 1/9/2023 at 1:53 AM, Poodler said:

I always thought jetlag only is a thing flying west to east.

I never had any problems flying to the States....5 hour time difference, just stayed up on day of arrival till back of 11 their time. Straight to sleep and woke up at what they'd consider a normal time. 

However flying back I've always had problems getting back into a routine in Scotland. Bed at midnight, but not remotely tired (brain thinks it's 7pm). Always took best part of a week to get back into a normal sleep pattern

5 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Labrinthytis is weird.

It's a very peculiar illness that only certain folk catch. Within a matter of days, 2 of my bosses at SEPA and 1 of my colleagues caught it. 

It must have been something they read in Woman's Weekly or the Bella that made them automatically think they had it, without seeking a proper diagnosis. 

Unless Greyhope Road in Torry experienced an earthquake (I must have been on my dinner break at Goals at the time) which left its embedded mark on the 3 poor quines. 

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

It's a very peculiar illness that only certain folk catch. Within a matter of days, 2 of my bosses at SEPA and 1 of my colleagues caught it. 

It must have been something they read in Woman's Weekly or the Bella that made them automatically think they had it, without seeking a proper diagnosis. 

Unless Greyhope Road in Torry experienced an earthquake (I must have been on my dinner break at Goals at the time) which left its embedded mark on the 3 poor quines. 

They just wanted an excuse to get some time away from you probably.

Labyrinthitis (and it's close neighbour, vestibular neuritis) most certainly aren't fictional. It's a nasty thing to have if it does develop and can be utterly debilitating for 2 or 3 weeks. Mostly it's caused by a viral infection and resolves of it's own accord. If your GP suspects it's bacterial in nature, they will prescribe antibiotics.  Although your balance can take 6 weeks or longer to normalise.

But what it absolutely isn't is being contagious. So anyone claiming to have caught it off another person/colleague is lying through their teeth.

2 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Dinner break at Goals? How long did you get for a dinner break? 

1 minute ago, Don Fonte said:

Should have chinned them.

Funny you should say that.

I was oot in O'Neills in Aberdeen one night in 2016 and this lad who was performing his one man gig (A Paolo Nutini type musician) shouted me over.

I looked at him (the eyes were grand at the time) and asked who he was. 

It transpired he was one of the blades that got me a written warning. Sniffling prick. 

He had scrubbed up by the time I spoke to him in O'Neills, hence why I never recognised him.