Pet Hates

StandFree1982

4 hours ago, Fridge said:

That’s maybe me. I didn’t get much say in the matter to be fair but it all adds up. 

It’s all about the lassie though, as you say, could easily have just went to the registry office if it was my choice. Was some day out though.

4 hours ago, YorkDon said:

Young bird would marry me tomorrow if I asked her.

She’s a cracker so I should just get it done.

With in 4 posts of each other on the same thread. 

I think this could be peak hat.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Parklife said:

Why would a voluntary relationship need a legal agreement? 

Marriage is a load of pish IYAM. 

No legal agreement required, but the commitment part is excellent, she's mine & I'm hers. You can build a lot on that.

Does mean that one of us will watch the other one die, which is a bit grim.

1 hour ago, Ramandu said:

No legal agreement required, but the commitment part is excellent, she's mine & I'm hers. You can build a lot on that.

Does mean that one of us will watch the other one die, which is a bit grim.

You can do that without a makey-up ceremony and a bit of paper though. 

• Downvote 1
10 hours ago, Parklife said:

Why would a voluntary relationship need a legal agreement? 

Marriage is a load of pish IYAM. 

For me, it is a gesture of absolute commitment, and still has a worthwhile romantic element. 

But then again, I'm not the kind of person, nor am I with the kind of person, who'd want some Instagramable nonsense costing the bones of 100K. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Parklife said:

You can do that without a makey-up ceremony and a bit of paper though. 

No doubt. But the ceremony and the party are there to make it very public in front of everyone you care about and increase the social cost of breaking your promise. And they're good fun too.

33 minutes ago, CCB III said:

For me, it is a gesture of absolute commitment, and still has a worthwhile romantic element. 

But then again, I'm not the kind of person, nor am I with the kind of person, who'd want some Instagramable nonsense costing the bones of 100K. 

Agree with both statements, however anyone spending anything like £100k on a wedding (or anything above £15k in my opinion) are off their heads.

Fuck off business class to New York, married there, down to Florida Keys for 2 weeks then back home to local Hall for a party. Best pish up with family and mate's and none of the unnecessary crap that goes with weddings 👍

13 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Agree with both statements, however anyone spending anything like £100k on a wedding (or anything above £15k in my opinion) are off their heads.

Fuck off business class to New York, married there, down to Florida Keys for 2 weeks then back home to local Hall for a party. Best pish up with family and mate's and none of the unnecessary crap that goes with weddings 👍

Agreed, like. 

I find the concept of foreign weddings loathsome, like. 

Basically instructing close friends and family where to take a holiday. Get that to fuck.

If you're going to do it have a knees up in Scotland and go away for your honeymoon.   

28 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Agreed, like. 

Basically instructing close friends and family where to take a holiday. Get that to fuck.

If you're going to do it have a knees up in Scotland and go away for your honeymoon.   

Honeymoon 🤮🤮🤮

1 hour ago, manboobs109 said:

Yes.

I find that a strange question. 

Do you make the same legal commitments to all your family members? Or your friends? 

Commitments are made through making your word your bond and by demonstrating you commitment through your actions towards those you care about. 

A madey-up ceremony and a bit paper are meaningless compared to the words and actions of someone with character and moral fortitude. That's not to say that people of such character can't also value marriage. However, to me, it's a pointless waste of time. 

We're all different though, MB, and we can believe in different things. 

• Dildo 1
8 hours ago, CCB III said:

Agreed, like. 

Sorry, just the two of you for the New York and Florida Keys bit.

7 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

There’s no greater act of commitment than a lady taking your name and changing to ‘Mrs’. It’s a huge psychological shift and change. The ‘only a piece of paper’ argument is ridiculous.

You a doting husband Hanzo? 

you seem to be married to your bike tbh (wife a pig?)

11 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

There’s no greater act of commitment than a lady taking your name and changing to ‘Mrs’. It’s a huge psychological shift and change. The ‘only a piece of paper’ argument is ridiculous.

I’ve come round to this way of thinking only in the last few years.

It’s a huge commitment.

Young bird is probably the closest to marriage material I’ve been with.

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

I find that a strange question. 

Do you make the same legal commitments to all your family members? Or your friends? 

Commitments are made through making your word your bond and by demonstrating you commitment through your actions towards those you care about. 

A madey-up ceremony and a bit paper are meaningless compared to the words and actions of someone with character and moral fortitude. That's not to say that people of such character can't also value marriage. However, to me, it's a pointless waste of time. 

We're all different though, MB, and we can believe in different things. 

Nope, not shagging any of them either. 

It exists for a reason. Sickness and in health and all that bollocks. 

Totally agree about the big fancy wedding shit though. Registerars and a piss up in the local for me and the missus.

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Utter drivel (as usual), Hanz. 

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Nope, not shagging any of them either. 

It exists for a reason. Sickness and in health and all that bollocks. 

Totally agree about the big fancy wedding shit though. Registerars and a piss up in the local for me and the missus.

You'd need a legal obligation to look after someone you proclaim to love who is ill? 

Anyone who needs such an obligation clearly doesn't love their partner much at all. 

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Utter drivel (as usual), Hanz. 

You'd need a legal obligation to look after someone you proclaim to love who is ill? 

Anyone who needs such an obligation clearly doesn't love their partner much at all. 

I think you are being deliberately obtuse and argumentative here Parky. 

While you don't agree with marriage you must understand why it exists and why people do it.

I'll admit if we didn't have the nipper I doubt me and the wife would've bothered though.

6 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I think you are being deliberately obtuse and argumentative here Parky. 

While you don't agree with marriage you must understand why it exists and why people do it.

I'll admit if we didn't have the nipper I doubt me and the wife would've bothered though.

I'm not being argumentative. I've put my thoughts forward and said I accept and understand that people see it differently. I understand why it exists; because some people think it's important. 

I'm cool with that but I don't think it's worth anything. 

3 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Anyone’s wife got a big insurance payout against their name?,

must make the trigger finger itch from time to time.

id like to be one of those folk that leaves everything to the cat. If i had a hoose or tv 

Leave them your music collection/Spotify playlists and typed up muso opinions. Might be more interesting to cats than they are to anyone else. 

• Haha 1