Pet Hates

StandFree1982

35 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I actually know the answer to the MAD. It's to stop someone finding or stealing a contactless card and rattling up multiple purchases. After a set number they ask for the pin regardless of where or how much it is.

I fairly get your point min and understand it's done randomly as a form of protection and security, but it's bloody embarrassing when it happens.

Even if some scrote did pinch your debit card, used it illegally on several occasions, and there is plenty of CCTV footage and other evidence to back this notion up, your bank wouldn't bother their arse as it is not their money, therefore wouldn't investigate the matter, although to hoodwink you into believing they will, a debit card dispute would be raised, your stolen card would be blocked from use, and a new debit card would be posted out to you, eventually.

However, if it was your credit card that had been nicked then unlawfully used and evidence backs up this notion, the bank would initiate an investigation straight away, no questions asked, just because it is their money after all that has been pilfered, regardless if they have allocated a credit card to you in your name.

On 9/6/2023 at 2:04 PM, Poodler said:

Not worth a new thread 

do you use bandits? Either in the boozer or the bookies? Why? 

never understood how they work and never been interested to try. They’re massive over here (Govt taxes them).

(if someone is playing the quiz one in the bar and the music round is on, I’ll watch that)  

A pox on society 

29 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I fairly get your point min and understand it's done randomly as a form of protection and security, but it's bloody embarrassing when it happens.

why would it be embarrassing?

it’s perfectly normal

the transaction is never declined. it’s just on hold until you enter your pin

2 minutes ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

It was my only option to be fair 

Flushing it down the bog and making sure it had successfully made its way past the u-bend would have been another option open to you min, speaking from experience.:checkit:

If the boxers happen to get stuck in the pipe network thereafter, it's either the premises' issue or the local Council's, depending on the location of the blockage, and nae your problem, unless you wrote your name on the tally of the disposed-of boxers.

45 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I feel your anxiety min.

A similar thing happened to me the second last time my brother and I were in Gdansk in October last year.

Went to this place called "Chleb I Wino" (bread and wine to me and you) for our breakfast. (39 zl. for the breakfast I had was brilliant. It's about £7.50 in oor money).

I ordered a breakfast that included 3 poached eggs served on 2 waffles, along with avocado, salmon, strawberries, and rocket leaves, topped with hollandaise sauce and swilled down with a litre of Blackcurrant juice.

Only managed 3/4 quarters of it as the helping was vast. My brother only managed roughly the same of his breakfast and saying something.

Left the restaurant, heading back in the direction of our hotel. Reached the old town square and the bowels were into overdrive. Stopped walking to buy me some time in the hope of reaching out hotel without shiting myself en route.

Got to the hotel and sprinted to the communal ground floor bogs, As soon as the door opened, the shite had exploded fae my arse before making it to a cubicle. Eventually got to the cubicle and true enough my boxers and trousers were absolute clarted in shite. The boxers had seen better days so I ended up flushing them doon the bog after I'd deshited/cleaned myself up. 

Whilst in the hotel bogs, I phoned my brother to take down a fresh pair of boxers and shirts, of which he kindly did. Happy days. 😄

Dunno whats worse, that or the story of similar events at a festival 

How did you deskitter yourself - stand in the communal toilet sink and just wash yesrelf doon with handfuls of water?

5 minutes ago, Bluto10 said:

why would it be embarrassing?

it’s perfectly normal

the transaction is never declined. it’s just on hold until you enter your pin

It shouldn't be socially-accepted as a norm min.

It's nonsendical and irrational to decline a transaction, then approve the same transaction seconds later just because you inserted it into the retailer's card reader instead of paying contactless with use of the same card. 

Over here (it may be different in Holland), when your transaction is declined it is not put on hold at all, it is declined, end of. That's why you need to start the payment process again.

Never ever trust a bank.

5 minutes ago, sigh said:

How did you deskitter yourself - stand in the communal toilet sink and just wash yesrelf doon with handfuls of water?

Plenty of bog roll min, followed by putting on a clean pair of boxers plus shorts, whilst trying to obscure the shite on my trousers from the inquisitive eyes of fellow guests, en route to my hotel room. 

I then got showered. Job done.

2 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

It shouldn't be socially-accepted as a norm min.

It's nonsendical and irrational to decline a transaction, then approve the same transaction seconds later just because you inserted it into the retailer's card reader instead of paying contactless with use of the same card. 

Over here (it may be different in Holland), when your transaction is declined it is not put on hold at all, it is declined, end of. That's why you need to start the payment process again.

Never ever trust a bank.

It's not. It's normal. It happens to everyone. Don't let it piss you off, not one single person will be judging you. 

5 minutes ago, sigh said:

I was in Tens at Christmas and someone had shat all over the floor, happened to be there were only birds behind the bar so I had to go into get the restaurant and find the manager.

Was a cracking conversation, alright min you needing food, unfortunately not I have some bad news for you.

Before anyone starts it wasn’t me.

12 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Nope, but surely you could have dealt with the situation better than leaving them for some poor cunt to find in the cistern. Even just chuck them on the floor. 

Na come on min, you’re nae wanting any evidence it was you. Best disposed of. Denial of everything is the way forward.

Although to be fair I would launched them in the bin and fired a heap hand towels over them and then walked away.

Nobody would have been any the wiser.

5 hours ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

Jewel in the Crown, Crown Terrace.

Come to think of it, if any Hat users are in there sometime, could they maybe lift the cistern lid and see if my clarted boxers are still in there? Happened circa 10 years ago Thanks.

It is not and never has been on Crown Terrace and you're a clatty tink cunt.  Well you were 10 years ago.

3 minutes ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

Have you ever been in the bogs in that place? A basic shitter and a tiny wee sink if I remember rightly. Wee air hand dryer thing and no paper towels. No window otherwise I'd have chucked them out but would have been at the risk of them landing on a passer by.

Some plumber probs got paid £150 to fish them out, so I'm supporting local tradesmen and the economy.

They probably found them a week later and used em in their base gravy.

9 minutes ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

I guess if you were to measure my current status in society vs my lack of education, general overall cuntishness and being a dirty mink, then yes I'd say I've made it.

Excellent stuff.  A comfortable life style, decent health and good family and friends is all that's needed.  

Bat away life's challenges as they come at you.