Shares

fine-n-dandy

They have a 10% stake in another development in the UK, there partners in that well are the super majors, Stellar Resources, ALBA minerals, Regency mines, Doriemus explorer and UK O+G investments.

Like being a teenager and chipping in with your mates to buy a carry out.

I'm not too fussed to be honest, it's all about learning, I liked the look of it and pretty cheap to get involved, I've got no commission to pay at all and doing the buying/selling myself through IG, only problem for me is that I can't always get on to IG during the day as I'm busy, like yesterday morning they were at .85 when I looked but didn't have time to sign in, deposit cash then make the transaction so I left it until dinner time and by then it was a little late.

I'm not too fussed to be honest, it's all about learning, I liked the look of it and pretty cheap to get involved, I've got no commission to pay at all and doing the buying/selling myself through IG, only problem for me is that I can't always get on to IG during the day as I'm busy, like yesterday morning they were at .85 when I looked but didn't have time to sign in, deposit cash then make the transaction so I left it until dinner time and by then it was a little late.

If you look at all the oil and gas producing companies that are listed on the stock market, other than the major companies, very few are priced at over 100p per share, which makes me think you will be lucky to make anything back on 96p, even if one , or both of there current drilling interests becomes commercially viable.

As the share price comes down in the coming weeks and month you could keep busying more so your average share price also comes down, so if they are able to produce, then if the price goes back to circa 100p you will have made a small profit,

I haven't bought at 96p though, I got over 20000 shares for my £200 buy, granted it's not a lot but if it doesn't go how I hope it does then it's not a huge worry.

So its less that 1p per share, apologies, I thought you meant you paid 96p a share.

In that case, you have potential to make some decent returns

Penny stocks are a quick way to lose money.

With a low amount of cash I would start out spread betting, can be a lot of fun especially betting the indexes, just be careful to have a stop in place and money to cover your losses, the margin calls can come thick and fast if you're not careful.

Don't listen to me though as I got wiped out completely in a stock market scam, you'd do well to steer clear of bulletin board hot stocks, if the board is busy on advfn they always tend to be a pile of over hyped crap, the likes of GKP, maybe shorting opportunities with them but again have a stop in place.

FFS penny stocks on a tip off that the share price is going to go through the roof anytime now...you didn't listen to any of my advice - did you?

Not to mention a two-bit oil stock! Remember they are penny stocks for a reason.

I can guarantee you that if the share price ever rises significantly the big investors will dump before you can even switch on your laptop leaving the rest of the investors with a stock no cunt wants to buy.

Mini, SOLO drilling update:

http://www.investegate.co.uk/solo-oil-plc/rns/drilling-report/201410060700094740T/

Appears they have found some oil but I'm sure someone with more drilling knowledge than me will be able to give a more detailed opinion!

Nothing to get excited about at all, hence why the share price is currently lower than what it was before they released this RNS.

At a depth of 2000ft, there is small section of 40ft that has encountered "a trace of residual oil ring". Being at such a shallow depth, the well will still almost certainly be vertical, rather than horizontal / deviated, which reduces the ability to recover said hydrocarbons.

That said, the RNS is clear that they are drilling deeper to try and achieve the primary, and secondary targets, which will be the bill payers.

• 4 months later...

Better ways to invest money.

Granted the returns may not be as profitable but the losses wont be anywhere near as bad either.

Inclined to agree. As for returnS your average Joe will v rarely hit the highs on massive returns; tends to be the experts or pros who will get those.

But of course good rule of thumb is to Nae keep all your eggs in one basket.

Me personally, I'll spend all my money. A black bank accounts fuck all use in the end really.

• 1 month later...

So after a bit of a delay to get an account set up I've now got an account with IG, commission free for the first month then £6 until end of the year, I bought £200 worth of SOLO today at .96, from what I've read this can take off at any minute, I just need to relax and wait for it to happen as it's all about the long game for me anyways.

Oh well Mini, your £200 is now worth about £110 minus fees as well. dropped from your .96 to trading at 0.56 today.

Surprising, as they have 8% share in this Horse Hill discovery at Gatwick, one of the larger partners in this share price went up 300% last week.

If they are able to make this find commercially viable, (and dont go bust due to the current oil market situation) and are able to extract even a fraction of the mentioned volumes, then you may well make some profit,

You should top up your share holding in the company now with another £200 at .56 which would take your average share price = 0.76 excluding fees.