• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just bought this.https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stubborn-Scotsman-Ritchie-Holding-Distance/dp/1780915462/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_pdt_img_top?ie=UTF8

The stubborn scotsman.

It's my mum's brother so obviously very interested.

Am essential read for any runner/athlete about the scarfices made for pounding the concrete.

51Ys%2BYmuVyL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jp

finished it this afternoon.

A very, very good read and knowing the man as I do, just compounds the sacrifices he's put himself through and the punishment he's put his body through.

A shell of the man he once was all for running.

• 2 weeks later...

Sebastian Bach's autobiography. Follows the same formula as any other late 80's/90s metaller. Fuckin love it. Although big Seb's a bit of poof when it comes to the broon compared to Slash, Steve Adler and the Motley Crue loons. Also loses credibility for not being able to pork a very young Christina Applegate, who's at the height of her fame in Married With Children, cos he's got a wife and kid back in the states. Halfway through so still time to redeem himself.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently read "Team Yankee", which is about-company level mechanised warfare in a 1980s WW3 (Soviets attack western europe).

I read it years ago, in the early 90s (I think), and enjoyed just as much this time.

There are not many books which deal with modern symmetrical combat, which makes it all the more interesting. The guy who wrote it was a serving US Tank officer. Its particularly interesting to see how he portrays Soviet Tanks matching up to the US Abrams (which had a 105mm gun back then, now up-gunned to 120mm).

No spoilers, but the story / scenario is probably a bit rose-tinted but still a good read anyway.

• 1 month later...

Reading "Ready Player One" just now and really enjoying it. Loads of nostalgic nerdom. Film adaptation also coming next year.

I read this a few years ago, I thought it was one of the worst things I'd ever read, like bad Apple fan fiction

I recently read "Team Yankee", which is about-company level mechanised warfare in a 1980s WW3 (Soviets attack western europe).

I read it years ago, in the early 90s (I think), and enjoyed just as much this time.

There are not many books which deal with modern symmetrical combat, which makes it all the more interesting. The guy who wrote it was a serving US Tank officer. Its particularly interesting to see how he portrays Soviet Tanks matching up to the US Abrams (which had a 105mm gun back then, now up-gunned to 120mm).

No spoilers, but the story / scenario is probably a bit rose-tinted but still a good read anyway.

You'll be alright I would think.