just picked up When Breath Becomes Air. will start on it this weekend.

At the age of thirty-six, on the verge of completing a decade’s worth of training as a neurosurgeon, Paul Kalanithi was diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer. One day he was a doctor treating the dying, and the next he was a patient struggling to live. And just like that, the future he and his wife had imagined evaporated. When Breath Becomes Air chronicles Kalanithi’s transformation from a naïve medical student “possessed,” as he wrote, “by the question of what, given that all organisms die, makes a virtuous and meaningful life” into a neurosurgeon at Stanford working in the brain, the most critical place for human identity, and finally into a patient and new father confronting his own mortality.

What makes life worth living in the face of death? What do you do when the future, no longer a ladder toward your goals in life, flattens out into a perpetual present? What does it mean to have a child, to nurture a new life as another fades away? These are some of the questions Kalanithi wrestles with in this profoundly moving, exquisitely observed memoir.

just picked up When Breath Becomes Air. will start on it this weekend.

At the age of thirty-six, on the verge of completing a decade’s worth of training as a neurosurgeon, Paul Kalanithi was diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer. One day he was a doctor treating the dying, and the next he was a patient struggling to live. And just like that, the future he and his wife had imagined evaporated. When Breath Becomes Air chronicles Kalanithi’s transformation from a naïve medical student “possessed,” as he wrote, “by the question of what, given that all organisms die, makes a virtuous and meaningful life” into a neurosurgeon at Stanford working in the brain, the most critical place for human identity, and finally into a patient and new father confronting his own mortality.

What makes life worth living in the face of death? What do you do when the future, no longer a ladder toward your goals in life, flattens out into a perpetual present? What does it mean to have a child, to nurture a new life as another fades away? These are some of the questions Kalanithi wrestles with in this profoundly moving, exquisitely observed memoir.

Oocha... that sounds deadful.

You going to read The Diary of Anne Frank to cheer yourself up after reading that?

I read Cornwell's first 3 books in his Starbuck series and just found out that the 4th book had been released so I intend to source a copy as I enjoyed the earlier books.

Does anybody else feel a bit sad when they finish a book, like they've lost a friend or am I just a daftie?

I read Cornwell's first 3 books in his Starbuck series and just found out that the 4th book had been released so I intend to source a copy as I enjoyed the earlier books.

Does anybody else feel a bit sad when they finish a book, like they've lost a friend or am I just a daftie?

I was sad when I read that Chewbaccca died from a moon hitting him in Vector Prime.

Written by R A Salvatore.

Thankfully he lives since Walt and Co rewrite the canon and Han is dead instead.

How does it compare to Sharpe?