A gent I went to college with raved about that book, always meant to give it a bash.

Not for everyone. I couldn't read it, I hate inequality.

Older books are great. The diary of a nobody was excellent, spoilt myself and bought on audiobook.

Will be doing that again, kept falling asleep though...

• 4 months later...

Just finished Catcher In The Rye.

A controversial book at the time of publication in 1951. It was banned in many schools. It's bloody tame by today's standards and some of the fucked up shit I've read.

Thoroughly enjoyable and captures the experience of teenage angst brilliantly.

Really? It probably went over my head but I thought it was very dull indeed.

I just finished Robinson crusoe since it was free from Amazon Kindle, that Crusoe was a Cunt of a man.

I've got some autobiography biography of an American chopper pilot called chickenhawk up next. I quite enjoy hearing about how the nips went about fighting the yanks

Enjoyed it. Read it in 3 sittings. Helped that it was very short. There are definitely thousands of better books out there. Kinda felt like a Bukowski. The story just gets told as stream of thought and no fucking about with over flowery, pretentious descriptive nonsense of the environment and surroundings.

7/10

Going to try and finish Dice Man later today. Started it years ago but never finished it. I will have to go back to the beginning.

Read that a number of years ago and thought it was decent. Like a much darker version of Yes Man!

Recently finished "Devils Guard II - Recall to Inferno".

More blood-and-guts action in the twilight of French Indochina, as the ex Waffen-SS troops do battle with the Vietcong following the partition of Vietnam, this time as a mercenary Commando, not as part of the Foreign Legion anymore.

The French Military is in the process of withdrawing the Foreign Legion, Colonial Units and Intelligence, ultimately leaving our German Friends in the direct employ of Saigon.

Even if fictional stories, ive enjoyed these books as they cover a neglected part of history as most stuff about vietnam focuses on the subsequent US intervention.