American Gods is nae bad like. Tv series due out later this year.

@@BWG Just had a wee look at it sounds really amazing it would def make a good tv series

Just bought this.https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stubborn-Scotsman-Ritchie-Holding-Distance/dp/1780915462/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_pdt_img_top?ie=UTF8

The stubborn scotsman.

It's my mum's brother so obviously very interested.

Am essential read for any runner/athlete about the scarfices made for pounding the concrete.

51Ys%2BYmuVyL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jp

finished it this afternoon.

A very, very good read and knowing the man as I do, just compounds the sacrifices he's put himself through and the punishment he's put his body through.

A shell of the man he once was all for running.

Sebastian Bach's autobiography. Follows the same formula as any other late 80's/90s metaller. Fuckin love it. Although big Seb's a bit of poof when it comes to the broon compared to Slash, Steve Adler and the Motley Crue loons. Also loses credibility for not being able to pork a very young Christina Applegate, who's at the height of her fame in Married With Children, cos he's got a wife and kid back in the states. Halfway through so still time to redeem himself.

Edited by Quagmire

Reading "Ready Player One" just now and really enjoying it. Loads of nostalgic nerdom. Film adaptation also coming next year.

Reading "Ready Player One" just now and really enjoying it. Loads of nostalgic nerdom. Film adaptation also coming next year.

I just read that last week after it was recommended to me by an ex work colleague. Plenty of 80's, 90's geekiness.

I just read that last week after it was recommended to me by an ex work colleague. Plenty of 80's, 90's geekiness.

Aye. Heard mixed things about Armada which is the authors second novel. Read that?

Aye. Heard mixed things about Armada which is the authors second novel. Read that?

No, not yet. I probably will at some point. I think it's got similar retro feel to it with plenty of references etc. No idea what it's about though.

I recently read "Team Yankee", which is about-company level mechanised warfare in a 1980s WW3 (Soviets attack western europe).

I read it years ago, in the early 90s (I think), and enjoyed just as much this time.

There are not many books which deal with modern symmetrical combat, which makes it all the more interesting. The guy who wrote it was a serving US Tank officer. Its particularly interesting to see how he portrays Soviet Tanks matching up to the US Abrams (which had a 105mm gun back then, now up-gunned to 120mm).

No spoilers, but the story / scenario is probably a bit rose-tinted but still a good read anyway.

I read this a few years ago, I thought it was one of the worst things I'd ever read, like bad Apple fan fiction

I recently read "Team Yankee", which is about-company level mechanised warfare in a 1980s WW3 (Soviets attack western europe).

I read it years ago, in the early 90s (I think), and enjoyed just as much this time.

There are not many books which deal with modern symmetrical combat, which makes it all the more interesting. The guy who wrote it was a serving US Tank officer. Its particularly interesting to see how he portrays Soviet Tanks matching up to the US Abrams (which had a 105mm gun back then, now up-gunned to 120mm).

No spoilers, but the story / scenario is probably a bit rose-tinted but still a good read anyway.

You'll be alright I would think.

51X6FBcn27L._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Started that last night.

Nearly finished Bernie Sumners book

What a shambles their finances were in

Hooky's a twat.

Just read Albert Camus - The Outsider

WOW

O

W

Looks right up my street, will give it a bash.

Catch 22 - Absolute rubbish, avoid at all costs. Even worse than catcher in the rye

WOW

O

W

Classic one that read it when I was a teenager and again recently

Looks right up my street, will give it a bash.

Catch 22 - Absolute rubbish, avoid at all costs. Even worse than catcher in the rye

Catchy titles though

Classic one that read it when I was a teenager and again recently

Aye, think it will take a few reads to fully appreciate it.

Now reading SS-GB by Len Deighton.

Only just started, but v enjoyable so far.

Always fancied it, but it took the recent TV adaptation to remind me of it.

Started House of Leaves a while ago.

Found it a bit of a struggle and eventually fell away from reading it. Might give it another go

A couple of chapters into the new John Niven book which is setting it up nicely.

WOW

O

W

Enjoyed that very much, cheers for putting it up.

Fat Chance: The hidden truth about sugar, obesity and disease by Dr Robert Lustig

Quite enjoyed reading about how Americans are slowly killing themselves with the poison that is sugar and processed foods.

Edited by buchanskii

Started House of Leaves a while ago.

Found it a bit of a struggle and eventually fell away from reading it. Might give it another go

I've started it a couple of times, but I've never got into it.

The missus swears it's a great book and it's worth sticking with.

Mibbe I'll give it another go.

Enjoyed that very much, cheers for putting it up.

Fat Chance: The hidden truth about sugar, obesity and disease by Dr Robert Lustig

Quite enjoyed reading about how Americans are slowly killing themselves with the poison that is sugar and processed foods.

I just received a book called 'The mersault investigation' which uses the same story but retold from the POV of the arabs brother.

I haven't read it yet but I'll let you know

Currently reading Will Self's - Dorian. A modern take on my favourite book, Dorian Gray,

Which if you haven't read, Hatters, you really should have.

61qg6oiWPxL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Finished that this morning, really enjoyed it.

Halfway through Candide by Voltaire

wiz a bit worried it wid be a heavy as fuck read but yon cunt Voltaire git a knack fir (sorry spell check set to Arabian knight)