Restaurants In Aberdeen

Ke1t

2 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

I had one of those set menu with wine things at a place in Leith years ago. Michelin starred right opposite the dodgiest multis in the town(where I used to live)

Fucking load of wank. Best thing about it was the pudding, some sort of frozen grape sorbet thing.

Best part of £100, felt totally uncomfortable, left hungry and sober.

Plumed horse ? 

3 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

I had one of those set menu with wine things at a place in Leith years ago. Michelin starred right opposite the dodgiest multis in the town(where I used to live)

Fucking load of wank. Best thing about it was the pudding, some sort of frozen grape sorbet thing.

Best part of £100, felt totally uncomfortable, left hungry and sober.

will the real manboobs please stand up

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

Fish Wednesday at the Wellington for me this evening.

It still doesn't make sense to my brain as I've always been 'fish Friday', however I went with it.

I had the king prawn skewers. They were superb. Complimentary bottle of wine as well, but took that home.

Pub grub but good grub.

Sounds worth it, just for the bottle of wine (if it was any good). 

How much was it out of interest ? (Aye, not the wine as it was free). 

20 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Cock and Bull tonight was superb.

Lobster was class.

I caught two 2 pound lobsters today in creels that i chucked out while out fishing off the rocks. Both outside in a box covered with wet towels as we speak.

Will be used for starters tomorrow night.

Pretty bland for me, but still worth a nosh with some nice sauce and fresh salad. 

3 hours ago, Reed or deed said:

I caught two 2 pound lobsters today in creels that i chucked out while out fishing off the rocks. Both outside in a box covered with wet towels as we speak.

Will be used for starters tomorrow night.

Pretty bland for me, but still worth a nosh with some nice sauce and fresh salad. 

Why eat them then?

"Pretty bland" - what's the point in their death then?

Its like shark fin soup - no point 

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Why eat them then?

People normally eat animals for nutrition, hence the point of their death? 

Personally I’ve not had shark fin soup but had “bake and shark” in Trinidad a few times. Absolutely delicious. Can’t wait to go back. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bake_and_shark

6 hours ago, Millertime said:

Why eat them then?

My wife and daughter both like them.

I didn’t say they weren’t nice, i just said pretty bland.

Plus, the satisfaction of catching them and processing them makes the effort of catching them worthwhile.

11 hours ago, Reed or deed said:

Far about di yeh fish the rocks min?  I've been shore fishin' since the 70's.  Dinna get oot as much as I used ti tho.

24 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

In the moray firth mainly but travel all over scotland shore fishing. Skye is a favourite.

Ah, ok.  Where's the decent rock marks and beaches up there? I've normally fished from Peterhead to St Cyrus but mainly the cliffs south of Aberdeen.

I quite fancy a trip in the Motorhome to New Aberdour beach near Rosehearty for a session there but canna' find any recent info on it.  Fished Scotston a couple of times which was ok.

Keen to try new marks like.

Cheers.