Restaurants In Aberdeen

Ke1t

20 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Cock and Bull tonight was superb.

Lobster was class.

I caught two 2 pound lobsters today in creels that i chucked out while out fishing off the rocks. Both outside in a box covered with wet towels as we speak.

Will be used for starters tomorrow night.

Pretty bland for me, but still worth a nosh with some nice sauce and fresh salad. 

3 hours ago, Reed or deed said:

I caught two 2 pound lobsters today in creels that i chucked out while out fishing off the rocks. Both outside in a box covered with wet towels as we speak.

Will be used for starters tomorrow night.

Pretty bland for me, but still worth a nosh with some nice sauce and fresh salad. 

Why eat them then?

"Pretty bland" - what's the point in their death then?

Its like shark fin soup - no point 

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Why eat them then?

People normally eat animals for nutrition, hence the point of their death? 

Personally I’ve not had shark fin soup but had “bake and shark” in Trinidad a few times. Absolutely delicious. Can’t wait to go back. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bake_and_shark

6 hours ago, Millertime said:

Why eat them then?

My wife and daughter both like them.

I didn’t say they weren’t nice, i just said pretty bland.

Plus, the satisfaction of catching them and processing them makes the effort of catching them worthwhile.

11 hours ago, Reed or deed said:

Far about di yeh fish the rocks min?  I've been shore fishin' since the 70's.  Dinna get oot as much as I used ti tho.

24 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

In the moray firth mainly but travel all over scotland shore fishing. Skye is a favourite.

Ah, ok.  Where's the decent rock marks and beaches up there? I've normally fished from Peterhead to St Cyrus but mainly the cliffs south of Aberdeen.

I quite fancy a trip in the Motorhome to New Aberdour beach near Rosehearty for a session there but canna' find any recent info on it.  Fished Scotston a couple of times which was ok.

Keen to try new marks like.

Cheers.

5 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Ah, ok.  Where's the decent rock marks and beaches up there? I've normally fished from Peterhead to St Cyrus but mainly the cliffs south of Aberdeen.

I quite fancy a trip in the Motorhome to New Aberdour beach near Rosehearty for a session there but canna' find any recent info on it.  Fished Scotston a couple of times which was ok.

Keen to try new marks like.

Cheers.

You are either keen to try new marks or you want other people to give you the benefit of their experience and tell you where to fish. Which is it?

There are hundreds of miles of coastline around scotland, all you need to do is go and seek them out.

The days of me giving information out on line for fishing marks are long gone min. Too many hungry mouths and folk wanting stuff handed to them on a plate.

No offence. ?

6 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

You are either keen to try new marks or you want other people to give you the benefit of their experience and tell you where to fish. Which is it?

There are hundreds of miles of coastline around scotland, all you need to do is go and seek them out.

The days of me giving information out on line for fishing marks are long gone min. Too many hungry mouths and folk wanting stuff handed to them on a plate.

No offence. ?

Fuck off then.  I only asked, lookin' for advice from someone who's clearly more knowledgeable of the area than me, which is generally how things work.

Wouldna have bothered if I thought you were gonna be a dick about it.  Ffs min.

No offense ?

Ended up in the Brewdog Atheneum pub for food on Friday. Wasn’t our first choice, but the Ivy Lodge didn’t start decent food until later, Blackfriars kitchen was shut, so Atheneum it was. 

The food of burgers was decent to be fair. But my wife’s negroni was tasteless, after that her glass of prosecco was flat as well. I did complain and to be fair they sorted both times. The men’s toilets were fucking rank and stank. 

Then when I got the bill for 2 * burger and chips, 2 * pint, 1 * negroni and 1 * prosecco, it came to about £97. I looked at the lad giving me the bill with a WTF look and asked to see the bill. They had put the table next to ours food and drink on our bill as well. 

I got the manager who struggled with the concept of customer service, asking questions like “so the two of you have not had 4 burgers” or “are you sure you have not had all that drink”. He was a 6ft trannie and I came so close to blurting out something I would have got done for. 

At the end of the day, we reconstructed the bill from scratch and it came to about £52. 

One word for that craft beer wanker place A FUCKING VOID. 

• Upvote 1
Guest milne_afc
10 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

I got the manager who struggled with the concept of customer service

This is a pet h8

The hospitality trade never stopped whining, rightly enough in most cases, about their treatment during lockdowns and that. The standards have been shite across the board since ‘the pandemic is over’ - fucking rubbish in some instances. They should have been raring to go and and laying on a polished act.  It’s certainly affected my tipping regime ?

20 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

This is a pet h8

The hospitality trade never stopped whining, rightly enough in most cases, about their treatment during lockdowns and that. The standards have been shite across the board since ‘the pandemic is over’ - fucking rubbish in some instances. They should have been raring to go and and laying on a polished act.  It’s certainly affected my tipping regime ?

Most of the switched on cunts got other jobs.

• Upvote 1

Was at the new place 'Amuse' last night in what was the old No1's on Queens Terrace.

Boy who owns it used to be the head chef at the Chester Hotel.

Brilliant meal, amazing food but also fucking pricey, especially the wine. Service was spot on, but you would expect that in that sort of establishment.

But overall one for special occasions or such like and we will be back.

9 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Was at the new place 'Amuse' last night in what was the old No1's on Queens Terrace.

Brilliant meal, amazing food but also fucking pricey, especially the wine. Service was spot on, but you would expect that in that sort of establishment.

Well ironically yes you would but the service in the Chester depending who is on is terrible.

58 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

calm down michael