Restaurants In Aberdeen

Ke1t

Not sure what happened. I went when it was beside the theatre first of all and thought it was amazing, then when I went to it at Justice Mill Lane I thought I had died and gone to heaven. More expansive menu, good vibe about the place and I used to eat my body weight in sushi. Then it went back to beside the theatre and they changed the menu to Scottish-Asian fusion, which meant no more sushi :ThumbsDown: I didn't go back and it closed down a few months later.

On a side note, I used to have this Japanese lemonade that was in a weird bottle with a glass ball floating in it. It was really fine but hadn't seen it since my last visit to Yatai. When in Copenhagen in the summer, I visited a sushi bar and they had it on the menu. So I got really excited about tasting this lemonade again only to be told that no where in the world has it now as the factory got washed away in the tsunami :(

Not sure what happened. I went when it was beside the theatre first of all and thought it was amazing, then when I went to it at Justice Mill Lane I thought I had died and gone to heaven. More expansive menu, good vibe about the place and I used to eat my body weight in sushi. Then it went back to beside the theatre and they changed the menu to Scottish-Asian fusion, which meant no more sushi :ThumbsDown: I didn't go back and it closed down a few months later.

On a side note, I used to have this Japanese lemonade that was in a weird bottle with a glass ball floating in it. It was really fine but hadn't seen it since my last visit to Yatai. When in Copenhagen in the summer, I visited a sushi bar and they had it on the menu. So I got really excited about tasting this lemonade again only to be told that no where in the world has it now as the factory got washed away in the tsunami :(

I could be wrong but I think the problem with Yatai was a change in regulations surrounding food preparation.

It effectively made their menu illegal

• 9 months later...

Tropeiro is ok, but nothing too special when we went. We had the private room so probably missed out on the general atmosphere. If you were planning on Prime Cuts, take your money to Malmaison instead. Best steak in town (in my opinion).

Tropeiro is ok, but nothing too special when we went. We had the private room so probably missed out on the general atmosphere. If you were planning on Prime Cuts, take your money to Malmaison instead. Best steak in town (in my opinion).

Aye, I just fancy a muthar fucking steak of par excellence.

Might depend on the amount of wine. :thumbup1:

Last visit to Malmaison, the service was poor I have to say. Seems to be students employed these days. But still found the food to be excellent.

Wherever you go, don't go to Yu in Union Street. It's shit. Still struggling to find a decent Chinese since bastard Sainsburys shutdown the Royal China in Holburn Street.

Wherever you go, don't go to Yu in Union Street. It's shit. Still struggling to find a decent Chinese since bastard Sainsburys shutdown the Royal China in Holburn Street.

China Town on Dee Street has always been really nice every time I've been.

The salt and pepper ribs to start with, superb. :thumbs:

1341559232[/url]' post='783882']

After I was in the Maldives and seen the Chinese personal hygiene - you'll be lucky if I go to a Chinese ever again, absolutely disgusting people. I'll never bad the French for their ignorance ever again after witnessing the tiddlywinks.

Spitting in the restaraunt where we were eating, big greeners.

Barging infront of folk in the queue, by the end I snapped and gave a few digs to the ribs to a few of them with the elbows, they soon backed off.

Their hygiene is disgusting!

You'd like to think a certain amount of social conditioning would make this type of behaviour a rarity in Scotland.

Was in China in Oct and can only agree wholeheartedly with your observations.

And they are taking over the world

Due to several places being fully booked, or the only available time slot being very early or late, we ended up booking the Albyn,

Probably would not go back, food was good, service was good too, but with no change out of 100 quid (excluding wine), I would expect that little bit more,

You'd like to think a certain amount of social conditioning would make this type of behaviour a rarity in Scotland.

Was in China in Oct and can only agree wholeheartedly with your observations.

And they are taking over the world

i also agree with roberto, they are rancid, horrible, barbaric, weird lookin tinks.

Due to several places being fully booked, or the only available time slot being very early or late, we ended up booking the Albyn,

Probably would not go back, food was good, service was good too, but with no change out of 100 quid (excluding wine), I would expect that little bit more,

Still think the 210 bistro at the bottom of Market St is fantastic, well it's between that and Howies for me as far as normal places go. Best Chinese as I said is Sam's, wi Nazma bein best Indian. Best fast food joint will always be Nando's, closely followed by the Cloggy House

Still think the 210 bistro at the bottom of Market St is fantastic, well it's between that and Howies for me as far as normal places go. Best Chinese as I said is Sam's, wi Nazma bein best Indian. Best fast food joint will always be Nando's, closely followed by the Cloggy House

Aye, the Nazma is decent like. However i think the Spice Mills chicken tikka masala beats theirs hands doon.