Jump to content
Ke1t

Restaurants In Aberdeen

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Reed or deed said:

I caught two 2 pound lobsters today in creels that i chucked out while out fishing off the rocks. Both outside in a box covered with wet towels as we speak.

Will be used for starters tomorrow night.

Pretty bland for me, but still worth a nosh with some nice sauce and fresh salad. 

Why eat them then?

"Pretty bland" - what's the point in their death then?

Its like shark fin soup - no point 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Why eat them then?

"Pretty bland" - what's the point in their death then?

Its like shark fin soup - no point 

People normally eat animals for nutrition, hence the point of their death? 

Personally I’ve not had shark fin soup but had “bake and shark” in Trinidad a few times. Absolutely delicious. Can’t wait to go back. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bake_and_shark

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Millertime said:

Why eat them then?

"Pretty bland" - what's the point in their death then?

Its like shark fin soup - no point 

My wife and daughter both like them.

I didn’t say they weren’t nice, i just said pretty bland.

Plus, the satisfaction of catching them and processing them makes the effort of catching them worthwhile.

Edited by Reed or deed

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Reed or deed said:

I caught two 2 pound lobsters today in creels that i chucked out while out fishing off the rocks. Both outside in a box covered with wet towels as we speak.

 

Far about di yeh fish the rocks min?  I've been shore fishin' since the 70's.  Dinna get oot as much as I used ti tho.

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Far about di yeh fish the rocks min?  I've been shore fishin' since the 70's.  Dinna get oot as much as I used ti tho.

In the moray firth mainly but travel all over scotland shore fishing. Skye is a favourite.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

In the moray firth mainly but travel all over scotland shore fishing. Skye is a favourite.

Ah, ok.  Where's the decent rock marks and beaches up there? I've normally fished from Peterhead to St Cyrus but mainly the cliffs south of Aberdeen.

I quite fancy a trip in the Motorhome to New Aberdour beach near Rosehearty for a session there but canna' find any recent info on it.  Fished Scotston a couple of times which was ok.

Keen to try new marks like.

Cheers.

Edited by Beachend Bootboy

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Ah, ok.  Where's the decent rock marks and beaches up there? I've normally fished from Peterhead to St Cyrus but mainly the cliffs south of Aberdeen.

I quite fancy a trip in the Motorhome to New Aberdour beach near Rosehearty for a session there but canna' find any recent info on it.  Fished Scotston a couple of times which was ok.

Keen to try new marks like.

Cheers.

You are either keen to try new marks or you want other people to give you the benefit of their experience and tell you where to fish. Which is it?

There are hundreds of miles of coastline around scotland, all you need to do is go and seek them out.

The days of me giving information out on line for fishing marks are long gone min. Too many hungry mouths and folk wanting stuff handed to them on a plate.

No offence. 😀

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

You are either keen to try new marks or you want other people to give you the benefit of their experience and tell you where to fish. Which is it?

There are hundreds of miles of coastline around scotland, all you need to do is go and seek them out.

The days of me giving information out on line for fishing marks are long gone min. Too many hungry mouths and folk wanting stuff handed to them on a plate.

No offence. 😀

Fuck off then.  I only asked, lookin' for advice from someone who's clearly more knowledgeable of the area than me, which is generally how things work.

Wouldna have bothered if I thought you were gonna be a dick about it.  Ffs min.

No offense 😀

 

Edited by Beachend Bootboy

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Reed or deed said:

Too many hungry mouths and folk wanting stuff handed to them on a plate.

If I wanted fish handed to me on a plate, I’d go to a restaurant. 

Share this post


Link to post

Ended up in the Brewdog Atheneum pub for food on Friday. Wasn’t our first choice, but the Ivy Lodge didn’t start decent food until later, Blackfriars kitchen was shut, so Atheneum it was. 
 

The food of burgers was decent to be fair. But my wife’s negroni was tasteless, after that her glass of prosecco was flat as well. I did complain and to be fair they sorted both times. The men’s toilets were fucking rank and stank. 
 

Then when I got the bill for 2 * burger and chips, 2 * pint, 1 * negroni and 1 * prosecco, it came to about £97. I looked at the lad giving me the bill with a WTF look and asked to see the bill. They had put the table next to ours food and drink on our bill as well. 
 

I got the manager who struggled with the concept of customer service, asking questions like “so the two of you have not had 4 burgers” or “are you sure you have not had all that drink”. He was a 6ft trannie and I came so close to blurting out something I would have got done for. 
 

At the end of the day, we reconstructed the bill from scratch and it came to about £52. 
 

One word for that craft beer wanker place A FUCKING VOID. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I have no sympathy.

Brewdog wankers

Agreed it is not a place I would normally go, but the missus was getting hangry. I would have went to Archie’s but she didn’t fancy that. 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

I got the manager who struggled with the concept of customer service

This is a pet h8

The hospitality trade never stopped whining, rightly enough in most cases, about their treatment during lockdowns and that. The standards have been shite across the board since ‘the pandemic is over’ - fucking rubbish in some instances. They should have been raring to go and and laying on a polished act.  It’s certainly affected my tipping regime 😡

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

This is a pet h8

The hospitality trade never stopped whining, rightly enough in most cases, about their treatment during lockdowns and that. The standards have been shite across the board since ‘the pandemic is over’ - fucking rubbish in some instances. They should have been raring to go and and laying on a polished act.  It’s certainly affected my tipping regime 😡

Most of the switched on cunts got other jobs.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, manboobs109 said:

Most of the switched on cunts got other jobs.

Most are back home in Europe (which will please you) 

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Most are back home in Europe (which will please you) 

Except for the 6 million who applied to stay.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Joe pike said:

Except for the 6 million who applied to stay.

And the 20,000 new Ukrainian Scots.

Share this post


Link to post

Was at the new place 'Amuse' last night in what was the old No1's on Queens Terrace.

Boy who owns it used to be the head chef at the Chester Hotel.

Brilliant meal, amazing food but also fucking pricey, especially the wine. Service was spot on, but you would expect that in that sort of establishment.

But overall one for special occasions or such like and we will be back.

Share this post


Link to post

Sounds fucking terrible. Glad you enjoyed it 👍

Share this post


Link to post

Pepe's on King Street.

Much better than nandos 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Was at the new place 'Amuse' last night in what was the old No1's on Queens Terrace.

Boy who owns it used to be the head chef at the Chester Hotel.

Brilliant meal, amazing food but also fucking pricey, especially the wine. Service was spot on, but you would expect that in that sort of establishment.

But overall one for special occasions or such like and we will be back.

Well ironically yes you would but the service in the Chester depending who is on is terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Was at the new place 'Amuse' last night in what was the old No1's on Queens Terrace.

Boy who owns it used to be the head chef at the Chester Hotel.

Brilliant meal, amazing food but also fucking pricey, especially the wine. Service was spot on, but you would expect that in that sort of establishment.

But overall one for special occasions or such like and we will be back.

 Can you go in wearing shorts? 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Bad_Mobby said:

 Can you go in wearing shorts? 

Aye and flip flops, heels or whatever you want to wear.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Aye and flip flops, heels or whatever you want to wear.

Grand

Might have a looky when I’m up the week after next 

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Pepe's on King Street.

Much better than nandos 

FACT 

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Was at the new place 'Amuse' last night in what was the old No1's on Queens Terrace.

Boy who owns it used to be the head chef at the Chester Hotel.

Brilliant meal, amazing food but also fucking pricey, especially the wine. Service was spot on, but you would expect that in that sort of establishment.

But overall one for special occasions or such like and we will be back.

calm down michael 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Bluto10 said:

calm down michael 

Alright Piers, no need for all the social commentary like 🙄

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...