Ke1t

Restaurants In Aberdeen

Special mention to the catchy named Mango Pickle which I spied for the first time yesterday. Jimmy Chung deed ?

Aye, the Nazma is decent like. However i think the Spice Mills chicken tikka masala beats theirs hands doon.

Never been there, far's that again? @EPK, Jimmy's isnae deid, think the one at the beach is still goin. BTW, is the Pickle decent?

Edited by granite sheep

Special mention to the catchy named Mango Pickle which I spied for the first time yesterday. Jimmy Chung deed ?

It's been open for about 3 months now. I'm surprised you missed it, it was opened in a blaze of publicity.

Over 1.2 billion people watched the opening ceremony live on Indian tv...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5lDgmeEXm4

Never been there, far's that again? @EPK, Jimmy's isnae deid, think the one at the beach is still goin. BTW, is the Pickle decent?

Never went, just walked past it a few times.

Was Jimmy Chung not just a franchise ?

No, Jimmy Chungs isn't a franchise. They are all owned by the same boy.

The one in Westhill closed as well. I heard that he got in deep with some triad types because he refused to pay protection money and they ran the restaurants into the ground.

Aye, I just fancy a muthar fucking steak of par excellence.

Go to the Fife Arms in Turriff then.

Need somewhere nice-ish in town on Tuesday. Not too pricey as I'm skint.

Thinking Little Italy, as its quite nice, and we have a couple of very fussy eaters in our group.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

Prediction: Boofon will say something hilarious in reply to the any suggestions bit. zzzz

Edited by tommo1903

1341830110[/url]' post='785348']

Thinking Little Italy, as its quite nice, and we have a couple of very fussy eaters in our group.

Little Italy is shite! Basic food that caters for hen parties and birthday parties. Full of hyperactive women screeching and screaming. thumbsdown.gif

Bin the fussy eaters.

Granite Park good and very reasonable.

Cloverleaf hotel.

As straight up as it comes.......cheap as fuck.

Is that nae totally shite though?

Little Italy is shite! Basic food that caters for hen parties and birthday parties. Full of hyperactive women screeching and screaming. thumbsdown.gif

Bin the fussy eaters.

Granite Park good and very reasonable.

I enjoyed it. Basic food suits me, I dinna really give a fuck. Fine beer as well. I've only ever been in on a Tuesday, so I've not sampled the hen party thing though...hmmm.

Can't really ditch the fussy eaters, its my graduation dinner so its the family coming up the road.

1341832060[/url]' post='785379']

I enjoyed it. Basic food suits me, I dinna really give a fuck. Fine beer as well. I've only ever been in on a Tuesday, so I've not sampled the hen party thing though...hmmm.

Can't really ditch the fussy eaters, its my graduation dinner so its the family coming up the road.

Well enjoy. I do think there are much better Italians out there. However if it's basic food then I'm sure it will cater fine for that.

And congrats with the graduation. thumbup1.gif

No way.

Standard pub grub at a reasonable price. Like a throw back to the seventies.

Still has knickerbocker glory on the pudding menu.

I will inspect this at a later date, as it sounds tremendous.

I'll probably take the missus oot for tea this weekend, maybe head to Prime Cuts as per someones recommendation above.

Prediction: Boofon will say something hilarious in reply to the any suggestions bit. zzzz

if you're going with students go to Josephines.

If you're going with students, go to TGI's where you get 2 meals for a tenner.

Anyone tried The Locker Room, new place at the bottom of Market Street yet?

It does that golf simulator stuff but I'm just interested to know if the restaurant is any good.

http://www.lockerroomaberdeen.co.uk/index.html

I see The Dons were one of the first corporate events held here:

http://m.inverurieherald.co.uk/sport/local-sport/dons-squad-are-first-to-try-out-aberdeen-s-latest-indoor-golfing-attraction-1-2418618

FPeFl.jpg

Anyone tried The Locker Room, new place at the bottom of Market Street yet?

It does that golf simulator stuff but I'm just interested to know if the restaurant is any good.

http://www.lockerroomaberdeen.co.uk/index.html

I see The Dons were one of the first corporate events held here:

http://m.inverurieherald.co.uk/sport/local-sport/dons-squad-are-first-to-try-out-aberdeen-s-latest-indoor-golfing-attraction-1-2418618

FPeFl.jpg

Dude second from the left doesn't appear to have too firm a grip on that club.

Why does it need to be cheap, surely if it's your graduation, you won't be paying?

Strangely saw that place on my way in on the loser cruiser to work this morning.

Mate on the bus said to me, it's quite a nice place - I may have to check it oot KSL.

Went to Nargile on Skene Street before Frankie Boyle a couple of weeks ago. Have to say I thought it was brilliant. Both me and the missus had really fine meals, and with Efes flowing it really was good. Would recommend it. First time ive been to a sit down Turkish restaurant outwitrh Turkey but would definitely go back.

Went to Nargile on Skene Street before Frankie Boyle a couple of weeks ago. Have to say I thought it was brilliant. Both me and the missus had really fine meals, and with Efes flowing it really was good. Would recommend it. First time ive been to a sit down Turkish restaurant outwitrh Turkey but would definitely go back.

they also have a place on corner of union grove and something street.

used to go there quite often years ago and was well fine.

Strangely saw that place on my way in on the loser cruiser to work this morning.

Mate on the bus said to me, it's quite a nice place - I may have to check it oot KSL.

It's well worth a visit IMO.

We've had a walk down down for a sit in meal a couple times now.

Always come out stuffed.

You can even sit and sup cocktails if you like in the bar area before you're food is served, should you want to of course.

And like I said the take away is a decent option too.

Edited by King Street Loon

if you're going with students go to Josephines.

I like there, some of the food is quite good.

If you're going with students, go to TGI's where you get 2 meals for a tenner.

You dinna. TGI's is pretty shite anyway.

Ended up going to Tropeiro that night, it was tremendous.

Anyone been to a recentishly openened place called Granite something??? on Golden Square? Taking the mrs there on Friday for her birthday.

Granite City Grill? its pretty good like, had no complaints!

Went to Prezzo before the cinema last night. Starter and main for a tenner. Winner.

SPUR - Union Square, the all you can eat wings and ribs deal is great, the food of champions,

I canna handle eating 'wings and ribs', picking away at it like a fucking vulture, huge effort for a meagre amount of meat.

The meat needs filleting from the bone.

It's all brown meat anyway on these cuts, cheap as fuck to buy in, rip off central.

Plus it gets you all messy.

Fuck that.

Aye im with tup here like, hate fucking picking away at food like some homeless waster.

Have to get about 10 ribs before you get a decent finger full of half fatty beef - Gads!