Restaurants In Aberdeen

Ke1t

Maybe the wee hatch at the side in the silvers counts? Think it only does chips and cheese for licencing purposes (step up from 3 warm pies on the bar).

what's the population of Wick? does no one eat out? :o

EDIT: 7,333 in 2001.

and you may not have lots/any restaurants, but i just found you have the world's shortest street.

World's shortest street[edit]

In 2006 the BBC reported that the Guinness Book of Records had confirmed the world's shortest street, Ebenezer Place measuring 2.06 metres, and containing just one door, was located in Wick (ND363508). It had not previously qualified for the record because it did not have a full postal address. [28]

what's the population of Wick? does no one eat out? :o

I'm just Google-mapping it roon Wick right now... population about the size of a United home game.

Not seeing much in the way of eateries, though the He Cliff Baker and The Lunch Box look like they could seat a good five people between them :)

What else... looks like a bike shop with no name. oh, wait, the Hong Kong Chinese Takeaway... right next to a wee alley, presumably that's where they get their supply of cats.

Image4.gif

Oh, and there's a wee petrol station, no doubt brimming with delicious treats like egg sandwiches and cheesy Wotsits.

Ooft... some silly fucker called their house 'Katkins'. Seriously?

I'm also seeing a giant pile of rubble just lying around, surrounded by a cement wall... that's quite nice. Must bring the tourists in from far and wide, the famous Wick Rubble Pile.

Now I'm seeing a school with a tractor sitting outside of it. That must be one of the locals dropping the kids off.

Is that the Jumperangelo Hotel? Nice sign.

Bin Ends.. lovely name for an Affie...

Town and Country... no doubt where the fashionable Wicky gets his outfits. RIGHT next door to Geddes' fertilizer shop.

...maybe someone can tell me what SEIDS are...

Image5.gif

We continue along the imaginatively named River Street... because it's next to a river..., and here's Everything Electrical... though a look in their window seems to show they have nothing electrical... I see.

Next to Nowt Electrical is... what the fuck is that? Some kind of empty slum dwelling?

Further inspection reveals it's a slum dwelling for supermodels, because they're the only fuckers who might possibly be thin enough to squeeze in through the 6" wide front door.

Image8.jpg

Continuing along... Wark to God? What the fuck does Wark to God mean?

Image6.gif

Now we're in some kind of freaky, moss-covered alley... I'd be scared if I wasn't simply Googling around Wick, and was instead IN Wick.

Oh.. and a quick right turn reveals a Chipper! The Harbour Chip Shop!

Probably safer than ordering from that Chinese place.

A little further along we find the Harbour Cafe... and in the Harbour Cafe we can see some of Wick's charming locals.

Image1.jpg

I don't think I want to go in there.

Another right turn, and up the wee brae, and we see A&D House Furnishers, with their beautiful Pepto Bismol coloured exterior and blacked out windows. They appear to have gone out of business. No food to be had there. Or furniture.

Stay classy, Wick...

Image9.gif

Along the street I'm seeing the VERY inviting looking Mountain Dew Bar and Harbour Lights Lounge. With their big Tennants sign from 1968.

I'm seeing Mayfair Videos and Games, closed down. A few weeds around the place,.. Tup, you'll need to talk to the local council about upkeep, min.

John Sinclair Funeral Directors... well maintained building, possibly the best maintained I've seen so far in my little Tour de Wick.

Oh, now.. I notice the funeral director is RIGHT NEXT DOOR to the butchers.... I can't help but think that's not accidental. I find this particularly disturbing.

Image2.jpg

On the same street I'm noticing.... Tup, min.... I'm noticing another funeral director.... right next to a baker this time. Presumably a baker that makes pies, say, meat pies. :(

Image3.jpg

...I'm starting to see why Tup doesnae eat locally, to be honest. This is worrying corpse-shop to food-vendor placement... once I could see it's merely happenchance... twice, and it starts to look a lot like cannibalism.

So there you have it... Wick.

...don't eat there.

• Upvote 13

I think Thurso is the place you need to look round Ke1t. It's the place to be seen if you're up North.

Surprising how many people spell Tennents wrong.

If I can Google Map around it I might just cover it.

I do like a wee Google Tour of far flung places.

I'm off Chinky food right now, standards might have dropped across the board or I might just have realised it all tastes the same.

I don't think they're the cleanest people either, 2 out of 3 of the Bucksburn chinkers have been done for unclean kitchens, slug trails, mouse droppings, all good stuff, manky fuckers.

Aye a bit random in terms of route though Kelt, you deliberately did that to show Wick in a bad light IMO.

I was looking for the main street. Couldn't find anything that resembled a main street, to be fair, so I just Google-mapped my way around anywhere with commercial buildings.

I don't think I showed Wick in a bad light, though. All I did was highlight the extremely suspicious proximity of Wick Undertakers to Wick Food Vendors.

How about this for incompetence. Wife says we're going out for a meal with a couple tomorrow night.

Wife of other couple phones tonight saying where are you.

Two fucking women couldn't even get the date right. Useless cows.

Was looking forward to my first visit to Cristo's greek place. Meant to be good? Menu online looked boring.

If you mean Christos, I can't remember what the food was like, must be nearly 15 years since I was last there.

The only thing I remember is everyone smashing loads of plates and dancing on the tables as per the old Greek tradition. The plate smashing has now been banned for Health & Safety of course.

If you mean Christos, I can't remember what the food was like, must be nearly 15 years since I was last there.

The only thing I remember is everyone smashing loads of plates and dancing on the tables as per the old Greek tradition. The plate smashing has now been banned for Health & Safety of course.

Tempted by here but never been either. I'll wait to see what Boof thought of it.

Tempted by here but never been either. I'll wait to see what Boof thought of it.

Never heard of it Dervish. Doubtful plate smashing would be banned because of HSE. More likely a good excuse with the cost of replacing smashed plates in this current financial climate being the real reason.

I'll check it out with my daughter's friends next time I'm out with them trying to look young and cool. :checkit:

Never heard of it Dervish. Doubtful plate smashing would be banned because of HSE. More likely a good excuse with the cost of replacing smashed plates in this current financial climate being the real reason.

I'll check it out with my daughter's friends next time I'm out with them trying to look young and cool. :checkit:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1447494/Smashing-Greek-custom-goes-to-the-wall.html