2 minutes ago, Dad said:

Buy a fucking new pair then for the love of fuck

'Out I go in my piece of shit shoes again haha' 

Arsehole

Oh you did haha sorry son

lol

dont need flash trainers to jog in old man; not when you’re as tough as me

48 minutes ago, styrofoamplates said:

Not that much York, up until about a year ago I don't think I'd ran properly since cross country at school. Then with lockdown I decided to give it a bash and got the bug from the first run. Had an old pair of Nike Flyknits that did the job for the first month and then bought a pair of Brooks Revels and that made a massive difference. The Nike's were giving me a bit of heel pain and didn't feel that great, but the Brooks were amazing. 

Then I got the Sauchony's just before Christmas as I was getting right into running and they were recommended and apparently you should have a few pairs of trainers if you run a bit as it takes a couple of days for the foam to get back into shape. (Probably marketing bollocks to sell more trainers. I work in marketing or a clothing company and it's the kind of shite we would spout). 

I like the Sauchony's, but I'd say overall I prefer the Brooks. They seem to be more comfortable on a longer run. 

I try and run every second day, so will usually do 6k during the week at lunchtime (only real reason is that the route I like to run is 6k and if it's a nice day there's usually some lovely young ladies in the park) and then on a Saturday or Sunday morning I'll try and do 10k. My times are fucking atrocious, but I enjoy it and that's the main thing. Stick a podcast on and run for an hour. Magic. 

Haven't attempted a race or anything yet as I've only been running since lockdown. But I might try the Amsterdam half marathon in October. 

If you don't keep it up then at least you've got a comfy as fuck pair of trainers to walk the dog and wash the car in ?

Times are nae important if you enjoy it without watching the clock.

I’m hoping to fuck the running bug bites me.

I’m nae a podcast guy but I’ve a Russell Kane one i’m wanting to check out. 

Dinna mention car washing min, we don’t want this thread filling up with thon cunts pointless, shite filled posts.

7 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

Times are nae important if you enjoy it without watching the clock.

I’m hoping to fuck the running bug bites me.

I’m nae a podcast guy but I’ve a Russell Kane one i’m wanting to check out. 

Dinna mention car washing min, we don’t want this thread filling up with thon cunts pointless, shite filled posts.

Like 90’s football? ‘Quickly Kevin...Will He Score?’ Great podcast. Ran to it yesterday. Interview with Trevor Steven. Hun cunt made me run faster out of hatred. 

But seriously, normally the episodes are great if you like 90’s football and they have some great guests. 

2 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Im of the opinion YD, and i say this with the greatest respect, but that is a load of bollocks. Running is the most natural thing you can do and we all do it differently. You try and conform to a style that isn't natural and that's when you get injured. 

It's not the most natural thing you can do. Having a shite or lying in your scratcher is much more natural.

26 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

Theres an old cunt runs about Boxy n Dyce, bappit legs, arms swinging wildly but by fuck he goes for miles. 

Id say hes well into his 60s.

Great effort. 

There’s a couple of similar old boys run in York.They look like they’re in fucking agony-probably fucked from years of running.

49 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

Theres an old cunt runs about Boxy n Dyce, bappit legs, arms swinging wildly but by fuck he goes for miles. 

Id say hes well into his 60s.

Great effort. 

I’ve made that mistake twice now,

climbing goatfell, a wee old man in his eighties and his collie, seen him at the start and said to my cousin that we would be phoning an ambulance for him when going down. The old boy destroyed me going up the hill, by the time a made it in the pub he was on his 3rd pint.

10k run in Glasgow for cancer, a 90 year old this time, started and the old boy started shuffling at a steady speed, a bombed away from him and at roughly 7 kilometres in, he shuffled right by me, same speed, a was cunted, he won, a contemplated suicide ?

24 minutes ago, Dad said:

Not much of note these days tbh son; I'm fearful I've been robbed of any motivation. Just down in the dumps son - miss the freedom of the olden days.  

I'm sure summat - maybes a DWT victory - will give me reason to be enthused once more ? 

I fear the result if no tbh - ah no

Start phoning the shrink now, your never going to win fuck all from that DWT massacre ???

38 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

It's not the most natural thing you can do. Having a shite or lying in your scratcher is much more natural.

My football manager in my boy club days jogged home from training us one night, dropped dead of a heart attack, really fit dude. Still a trophy played to this day in Aberdeen in his honour. Should have taken the car, was only in his 40's.

10 hours ago, YorkDon said:

0-E4-FDA99-B3-EE-44-E3-ACB6-DDE0032-B60-

They’re bright and won’t be to everyone’s taste.

I’ve had issues with both achilles in the past so gone with a bit of extra cushioning.

Need to get the miles in my legs even though some of the run over Snowdon will possibly be scrambling a bit.Have some trail shoes for the majority of it, but the first 6 miles or so is meant to be tarmac.

Fuckin hell, it’s the shoe version of the rainbow flag

17 hours ago, cheesepipes said:

Or get found by a dog walker face first in  wet dog shit having had a huge heart attack. 

True story, I saw ex-Motherwell player, Jamie Dolan, lying deid after being out jogging one day. 

I still maintain that if the woman behind the till in the nearby shop I was in wasn't so fucking slow I'd have been in the exact place to try and resuscitate him. Two other guys there before me making a cunt of it then the police drove by and took over. 

37 minutes ago, The Buzzard said:

True story, I saw ex-Motherwell player, Jamie Dolan, lying deid after being out jogging one day. 

I still maintain that if the woman behind the till in the nearby shop I was in wasn't so fucking slow I'd have been in the exact place to try and resuscitate him. Two other guys there before me making a cunt of it then the police drove by and took over. 

Did you not even get one kiss in? you should said...step aside boys, this is how you do it.

23 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Would you have saved him Buzz?

I see he had a hereditary heart condition like his old man, who died at 44

Probably not but I like to think I might have made a better effort than the other boys that were first there. 

Every time I see that woman now I think about her being so fucking slow that day. 

@daytripping there was no time to get the lips on him. So near yet so far...

1 hour ago, The Buzzard said:

This is just out of interest. Did he have jeans on?