Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

Needed a new alarm clock so got an Alexa echo dot. 

Installed the app on my tablet, paired it with the echo dot, got halfway through setting the fucker up and the tablet died on me out of charge

Old cunts like me really should know better. A £10 alarm clock out of Argos would have done the job just fine

8 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Needed a new alarm clock so got an Alexa echo dot. 

Installed the app on my tablet, paired it with the echo dot, got halfway through setting the fucker up and the tablet died on me out of charge

Old cunts like me really should know better. A £10 alarm clock out of Argos would have done the job just fine

Or your phone.

Guest milne_afc

What’s the difference between these replicas and the Turkish knock offs?

There seems to be a huge replica steen island market.

8 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Seen loads of the retro tops on Monday 

how old does a top have to be to become retro? 

Definition of retro  "imitative of a style or fashion from the recent past "

Definition of recent "having happened, begun, or been done not long ago; belonging to a past period comparatively close to the present."

On 5/23/2021 at 11:57 PM, redstrummer said:

If your in to Seiko and looking to start a collection then keep an eye out for a Seiko Pogue 6139, price has remained stable until now but should go up steadily.  

Download Chrono 24 and you can upload your collection and monitor the value. 

1 hour ago, Singapore Steve said:

If your in to Seiko and looking to start a collection then keep an eye out for a Seiko Pogue 6139, price has remained stable until now but should go up steadily.  

Download Chrono 24 and you can upload your collection and monitor the value. 

Cheers , I picked up a SKXOO7 that had been modified with sapphire crystal and ceramic bezel , very happy with it . Looking for a " captain willard" homage next and a 1963 seagull . 

Not fussed about future value they'll be keepers and these are not high value items anyway.

Easy to start going down a rabbit hole when you start looking . Some of the micro brands like Zelos and Phobios look great.

Will have a look at you're Pogue recomendation 

1 hour ago, redstrummer said:

Cheers , I picked up a SKXOO7 that had been modified with sapphire crystal and ceramic bezel , very happy with it . Looking for a " captain willard" homage next and a 1963 seagull . 

Not fussed about future value they'll be keepers and these are not high value items anyway.

Easy to start going down a rabbit hole when you start looking . Some of the micro brands like Zelos and Phobios look great.

Will have a look at you're Pogue recomendation 

There is a beautiful Seikio ceramic bezel, day date  with blue back shaded bezel.  I think only a handful were made ( not grand Seiko though, but somewhat custom) Its very similar to the Rolex  Deepsea James Cameron, but looks so much better.   I f i could find one, i would defiantly be wearing it.