Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

38 minutes ago, The Buzzard said:

I'm gonna go against the negativity grain here and say I like that. 

It’s a hard look to pull off, 5000 miles from rio, with a glass of white wine in your hand

but if anyone can do it, it’s the donmeistergeneral

6 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Nice one. I got a code , waited in the queue , then got told from ticketmaster that tickets were unavailable . Fuck. 

What date/ court did you get?

Unlucky man. 

I got Court 1 on middle Saturday. When I logged on I opened two windows, one for centre & one for court 1. 

The queue for centre had 35k in it, only 5k for court 1. 

Couldn't think of anything worse than being surrounded by the sort of fans you get at tennis, especially Wimbledon. 

The majority are those from a privileged background who think it's exceptionally funny to shout 'come on Tim' at whoever they are watching, whilst waving union jacks, quaffing pims or champagne and eating strawberries and cream.

*Edit* not saying I don't enjoy watching tennis, because I do. But from the comfort of my own home rather than being surrounded by those at Wimbledon, they let the sport down 

43 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Couldn't think of anything worse than being surrounded by the sort of fans you get at tennis, especially Wimbledon. 

The majority are those from a privileged background who think it's exceptionally funny to shout 'come on Tim' at whoever they are watching, whilst waving union jacks, quaffing pims or champagne and eating strawberries and cream.

*Edit* not saying I don't enjoy watching tennis, because I do. But from the comfort of my own home rather than being surrounded by those at Wimbledon, they let the sport down 

Fair doos. I largely agree about Wimbledon attendees. It's why I much prefer going to Roland Garros than Wimbledon. 

Im not going to let other people being cunts stop me doing something I love doing. 

Plus it'll be combined with a weekend boozing in London. I just hope the English have been fucked out the euros by then.