Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Fair doos. I largely agree about Wimbledon attendees. It's why I much prefer going to Roland Garros than Wimbledon. 

Im not going to let other people being cunts stop me doing something I love doing. 

Plus it'll be combined with a weekend boozing in London. I just hope the English have been fucked out the euros by then. 

Do you watch the tennis from one of the corporate boxes mixing with fellow company directors and executives (a perk of working for Balfour Beatty), or are you a paying customer?

#Intrigued

3 hours ago, Poodler said:

Always thought the Tour de France looks like a hassle to attend. Get off the bus, watch them cycle by, run back tothe bus, next stop repeat. All bloody day 

parky have you listened to Dexy’s debut? Gorgeous 

My dad took us to see the Tour de France while camping there as kids. 

Hour drive to get there, wait around for a couple of hours, all past you in ten minutes, drive back.

Highlight was a Coca Cola (fuck Ronnie) tour bus dishing out cheap tat to us kids. 

Shite day never watched it since. 

Golf was slightly better, wouldn’t go back unless it was to get pished at the Ryder cup and abuse yanks.

3 hours ago, Poodler said:

Always thought the Tour de France looks like a hassle to attend. Get off the bus, watch them cycle by, run back tothe bus, next stop repeat. All bloody day 

2 hours ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Absolutely brilliant album 

Not for me. 

6 hours ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Couldn't think of anything worse than being surrounded by the sort of fans you get at tennis, especially Wimbledon. 

The majority are those from a privileged background who think it's exceptionally funny to shout 'come on Tim' at whoever they are watching, whilst waving union jacks, quaffing pims or champagne and eating strawberries and cream.

*Edit* not saying I don't enjoy watching tennis, because I do. But from the comfort of my own home rather than being surrounded by those at Wimbledon, they let the sport down 

Utter rubbish 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Poodler said:

I’ve watched that twice , when Ive been in France .The procession/cavalcade before the riders arrive is good , fancy floats , free things getting thrown into the crowd etc.

When the cyclists arrive they pass by in seconds at an obscene pace and it’s a bit of an anticlimax tbh.

47 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

I’ve watched that twice , when Ive been in France .The procession/cavalcade before the riders arrive is good , fancy floats , free things getting thrown into the crowd etc.

When the cyclists arrive they pass by in seconds at an obscene pace and it’s a bit of an anticlimax tbh.

Love events like that where you get the daft cunts saying they got up before bedtime to be there and when ‘it’ arrives everyone holds up their phone or my personal favourite an iPad above their head to film it thus blocking everyone’s view.

30 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Love events like that where you get the daft cunts saying they got up before bedtime to be there and when ‘it’ arrives everyone holds up their phone or my personal favourite an iPad above their head to film it thus blocking everyone’s view.

I hate that . Enjoy the moment.