Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

Guest milne_afc
3 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

That's genius from ol' milnzo though. Ambineckstrous .  

Nice. 

Rarely acknowledged, but you’re absolutely correct. I am a genius.

5 hours ago, Studebaker-90 said:

What’s the worst shirt you’ve ever had? I had a silk one with velvet cut outs of various fruit emblazoned on it. Was specifically bought for a Shite shirt night but it was absolutely howling. 

Under the Nazis there were two imperial eagles. The eagle of the party faced right , the eagle of the Reich faced left.  I've heard various reasons for that... a couple being that the Nazis were looking East for Lebensraum, or that they just wanted to be cunts because they were, after all, Nazis. 

Historically, the Germans usually used the left-facing eagle, but they also used a two-headed eagle early doors. But since 'Germany' as we know it has only really been around since 1815, you can dismiss any eagle prior to that as being representative of Germany, as far as I'm concerned. 

Anyway, the Nazis and the Reich were two separate entities, even though the Nazis controlled the Third Reich. Maybe the Nazis just wanted to be different. Who knows what goes on in a Nazis head?

Probably one or two posters on here. ?

Anyway, different, but same. 

spacer.png

No idea why I'm quoting Studebaker. 

You're clever people... you'll figure out who I meant to quote. 

24 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Under the Nazis there were two imperial eagles. The eagle of the party faced right , the eagle of the Reich faced left.  I've heard various reasons for that... a couple being that the Nazis were looking East for Lebensraum, or that they just wanted to be cunts because they were, after all, Nazis. 

Historically, the Germans usually used the left-facing eagle, but they also used a two-headed eagle early doors. But since 'Germany' as we know it has only really been around since 1815, you can dismiss any eagle prior to that as being representative of Germany, as far as I'm concerned. 

Anyway, the Nazis and the Reich were two separate entities, even though the Nazis controlled the Third Reich. Maybe the Nazis just wanted to be different. Who knows what goes on in a Nazis head?

Probably one or two posters on here. ?

Anyway, different, but same. 

spacer.png

No idea why I'm quoting Studebaker. 

You're clever people... you'll figure out who I meant to quote. 

I was speaking about a disgusting shirt 

53 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

You a student of WW2 Boof?  My old man was a mad historian of that period. Fascinating subject it is .

I'm only interested as my granda fought the cunts and got slotted, spent 2 years in hospital. He always said he had no regrets rushing the jerry machine gun post alone, took them all out, dying nazi got him. I got his genes. Not to be confused with denims.

2 hours ago, Henry said:

Sounds like he ripped the arse out of that sick note

Had a hole from the bullet you could have put a beer can through, weirdly was in his back but I guess the shot came when he was walking away from the trench to celebrate, no sick note, suffered with the injury till the day he died. 

Imperial eagle used by Germany is the oldest in Europe, copied from the Roman standard bearers in the 13 and 14 century which they took from their past. First use in any army was Roman, gaius marius being credited with it 107 AD. Back then the eagle had a religious connotation to it and not just a symbol of power etc.

during fredericks reign 1200ad it was used as a symbol of the royal family in Germany .only single headed though, the symbol for Roman Christianity was a 2 headed eagle up until 1807 and indicated the holy Roman army.

so as per, symbolism stole from our ancient ancestors. 

and it’s definitely an eagle,(Rome) 

ancient Greeks celebrated the phoenix as a messenger for Helios (sun god)

6 hours ago, daytripping said:

Not at all, I regularly masturbate over the stuff. I admire the Germans, takes a special type to start a war with half the World. They didn't bargain on Churchill though. He was our Liam Neeson.

"Herr Hitler? Yes, Mr Churchill wishes me to convey to you that he has a very particular set of skills..."

spacer.png