Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

4 hours ago, sheepcrooky said:

One of those Beer Hawk perfect draft machines, arrived over the weekend. Six litre keg of Stella with it. 

Tastes pretty good, although my loon (who has worked as a barman) just laughs when my pint is more like a cornetto. 

Does it work out cheaper than buying the tins? £1.35 a pint in Lidl. 

1 minute ago, daytripping said:

Just googled, pints are more than twice the price with a machine, £2.90, plus the cost of the machine. Why would anyone bother? Not having a go, just a question.

It was my 20 year old loon that wanted it. Quite expensive as the machine was +£200 and then £30-£40 for a 6 litre keg (around 10.5 pints). A fiver back per keg when you return them empty. 

But I have to say, it is really good. Basically a draft beer kept at 3 degrees celcius and as good as a pub. 

1 hour ago, daytripping said:

Just googled, pints are more than twice the price with a machine, £2.90, plus the cost of the machine. Why would anyone bother? Not having a go, just a question.

So they can look like a fud while they pour  9 pints at £3+ each in their own house before having to change the keg and then wait for it to chill. 

Absolute mugs. 

3 hours ago, Redforever86 said:

So they can look like a fud while they pour  9 pints at £3+ each in their own house before having to change the keg and then wait for it to chill. 

Absolute mugs. 

10.5 pints at closer to £2 each and the next kegs already chilling in the fridge.....

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, cheesepipes said:

You really hate people having these machines. 

There will be a lot of them sitting in folks garages in a year or two. If I was having a gathering of any size and wanted draught beer, I'd buy or rent a proper set up. I guess there is a niche where people will enjoy them but seem a waste of time, money and resources imo. 

5 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

I used to work with the ginger haired guy who ran this company. 

Think I met one of them, can't remember if he was ginger. They were needing to sell their beer in my shop, came round for a visit and told me they'd just been to my closest "rival" and he was taking some. I was the only cunt selling craft beer then, so wasn't to impressed they were letting others in on my niche market. I knew their beer was shite anyway so just never got any in.