Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

6 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

A new washing machine from Currys.

The soon-to-be old one is fucked and is honking oot the hoose, although it gets its insides cleaned every month. Opened the door to the drum this morning and was hit with a waft similar to that of a decomposing dead haddock.

Out with the old....

Leave the door open when not in use 

Just now, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Never thought of doing that min. I will try that out with the new machine when it gets delivered and installed on Saturday, and thereafter when all of the laundry is washed.

Cheers for the tip.👍

No worries.  Keeps the air circulating and avoids mould forming

• Thanks 1

Got myself a new Storz & Bickel "Plenty" Vapouriser.  Great piece of kit. 

My old one served me well for over 10 years, but was pretty done in by now and past its best.  The detachable mouthpiece part was like Trigger's Broom with all the replacement bits and bobs it had.

My S&B "Crafty" recently gave up the ghost so will seek to get some replacement for that too, in time to take on hols.

Also got a new PC game (WH40k Chaos Gate: Daemon Hunters).

12 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Got myself a new Storz & Bickel "Plenty" Vapouriser.  Great piece of kit. 

My old one served me well for over 10 years, but was pretty done in by now and past its best.  The detachable mouthpiece part was like Trigger's Broom with all the replacement bits and bobs it had.

My S&B "Crafty" recently gave up the ghost so will seek to get some replacement for that too, in time to take on hols.

Also got a new PC game (WH40k Chaos Gate: Daemon Hunters).

🤓

3 hours ago, Redforever86 said:

Veg chopper/food processor, sink, tandoori skewers and heaps other kitchen bits and pieces.*

*possibly all cancelled when they tell me they want an extra £200 to deliver to the highlands. 

It gets in my cra' when retailers demand more money for delivery to where we stay (compared with the rest of the UK) due to its alleged remoteness.

A typical phone conversation I've had with retailers regarding this......

"According to our research Fraserburgh is in the Highlands & Islands and for that reason our courier sets the delivery charge of £30".

"Actually, it is in Grampian and is 40 miles north of an international airport and busy train station/recreational substance exchange centre".

"It's not".

"Go fuck yourself then".

Order cancelled.

(People who stay in the Highlands & Islands shouldn't be charged extra for delivery. End of).

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, dazzy_deff said:

Got my first order from Temu yesterday. 

3 x pairs of socks (black)

Electric tin opener

Airbuds (terrific sound quality)

Battery operated air compressor 

Travel coffee cup 

Is that temu thing legit? Thought it was just some Chinese scam

your eratic selection of purchases makes me think of Winston’s betting in still game 

2 minutes ago, Poodler said:

your eratic selection of purchases makes me think of Winston’s betting in still game 

Looks more like he’s preparing for the Rapture, although I do like the idea of a battery operated compressor, probably something everyone needs.

46 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

It gets in my cra' when retailers demand more money for delivery to where we stay (compared with the rest of the UK) due to its alleged remoteness.

A typical phone conversation I've had with retailers regarding this......

"According to our research Fraserburgh is in the Highlands & Islands and for that reason our courier sets the delivery charge of £30".

"Actually, it is in Grampian and is 40 miles north of an international airport and busy train station/recreational substance exchange centre".

"It's not".

"Go fuck yourself then".

Order cancelled.

(People who stay in the Highlands & Islands shouldn't be charged extra for delivery. End of).

nae just ask for a discount instead min?

• Dildo 1
33 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Is that temu thing legit? Thought it was just some Chinese scam

It all comes from China to be fair, takes an age to arrive. Its like Amazon on drugs. You end up in rabbit hole after rabbit hole when searching. Quality all seems legit though. Got the lot for £21 - a bargain in anybody's eyes. 

1 minute ago, cheesepipes said:

Probably ok for pumping up fitbas.

Granted its the only thing ive nae taken out the box but i suspect it will do the job in the event of a slow puncture. A must have contingency in any motor vehicle. 

1 minute ago, dazzy_deff said:

Granted its the only thing ive nae taken out the box but i suspect it will do the job in the event of a slow puncture. A must have contingency in any motor vehicle. 

I was going to add.....and tyre inflation.

In that case a very handy tool.

4 hours ago, dazzy_deff said:

Got my first order from Temu yesterday. 

3 x pairs of socks (black)

Electric tin opener

Airbuds (terrific sound quality)

Battery operated air compressor 

Travel coffee cup 

If you hae the app I’d delete it aff your phone when nae using. Be spying on you nae doubt. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, sigh said:

I can just sense a new Jumby/Guff question poll coming - what do you keep in your car boot and why

I've around fifty quids worth of carrier bags, a bucket n spade (non human) and a tin of de icer that old it's corroded.

A neat booted man is for the watching.

• Haha 1