Big Man

Latest Purchase Thread

7 hours ago, milne_afc said:

Farrow & Ball, I’d guess?

Don't be silly. 

One of those Beer Hawk perfect draft machines, arrived over the weekend. Six litre keg of Stella with it. 

Tastes pretty good, although my loon (who has worked as a barman) just laughs when my pint is more like a cornetto. 

10 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

The Lowenbrau and the triple K are both excellent depending on what strength of beer you like

North European. Danish, German, Dutch, Belgian. Just the normal off the shelf stuff around 5-6%. That Triple K @ 8% looks good. Currently out of stock though. 

12 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

Would be a shame if we all bought the item on ebay then left it unpaid.

such an inconvenience 

Scum.

4 hours ago, sheepcrooky said:

One of those Beer Hawk perfect draft machines, arrived over the weekend. Six litre keg of Stella with it. 

Tastes pretty good, although my loon (who has worked as a barman) just laughs when my pint is more like a cornetto. 

Does it work out cheaper than buying the tins? £1.35 a pint in Lidl. 

Just googled, pints are more than twice the price with a machine, £2.90, plus the cost of the machine. Why would anyone bother? Not having a go, just a question.

1 minute ago, daytripping said:

Just googled, pints are more than twice the price with a machine, £2.90, plus the cost of the machine. Why would anyone bother? Not having a go, just a question.

It was my 20 year old loon that wanted it. Quite expensive as the machine was +£200 and then £30-£40 for a 6 litre keg (around 10.5 pints). A fiver back per keg when you return them empty. 

But I have to say, it is really good. Basically a draft beer kept at 3 degrees celcius and as good as a pub. 

1 hour ago, daytripping said:

So they can look like a fud while they pour  9 pints at £3+ each in their own house before having to change the keg and then wait for it to chill. 

Absolute mugs. 

^ for show offs 

Just buy bottles and keep them in the fridge 

2 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

^ for show offs 

Just buy bottles and keep them in the fridge 

You'd have to clean the machine as well. Proper chilled can of Stella is as good as a draft one. Each to their own like, they look pretty good. Not for me.

3 hours ago, Redforever86 said:

So they can look like a fud while they pour  9 pints at £3+ each in their own house before having to change the keg and then wait for it to chill. 

Absolute mugs. 

Works out at around £2.20 a pint but is really good. All about what suits your taste.

3 hours ago, Redforever86 said:

Absolute mugs. 

10.5 pints at closer to £2 each and the next kegs already chilling in the fridge.....

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Works out at around £2.20 a pint but is really good. All about what suits your taste.

Keg for £23? 

1 minute ago, Redforever86 said:

Keg for £23? 

15% discount code at beerhawk and you get a fiver back when you return it so aye about that.

1 minute ago, Redforever86 said:

Keg for £23? 

About £23.50 if you calculate the fiver you get for empty keg and use discount codes. 

fucking great pouring yer ain pints, makes you drink more which can only be good

11 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

About £23.50 if you calculate the fiver you get for empty keg and use discount codes. 

fucking great pouring yer ain pints, makes you drink more which can only be good

How old are you Cavey (asking for a tshirt vendor)?

24 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

In the 45-54 category 

Both in our forties/fifties

6 hours ago, daytripping said:

You'd have to clean the machine as well. Proper chilled can of Stella is as good as a draft one. Each to their own like, they look pretty good. Not for me.

You get old school wife beater on those Perfect Draft numbers though. The Belgian stuff, not that watery pish you get here now.

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

You get old school wife beater on those Perfect Draft numbers though. The Belgian stuff, not that watery pish you get here now.

canna beat a proper pint of Nelson

:cool:  :beer: