Milne Gtf

Not only Wiggy, Willie has been an

absolute disaster as our director of

fitba. How does someone who was pretty much a walking clusterfuck as our manager, somehow become our director of football- either Milne disnae have a scooby, or he cynically did it to appease the raving fanboys in our support, knowin full well that Miller is a buffoon. He can go on and on about his

involvement in our youth setup, and how he's developing AFC's future (which, judging by our performances for the last two seasons looks very likely to be grinding around the arse end of the First Division); but at

the end of the day, he well and truly

pissed his status as "club legend" up

the proverbial wall years ago, his contributions as club captain are a distant memory compared to his many fuckups as a director.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fitba. How does someone who was pretty much a walking clusterfuck as our manager, somehow become our director of football- either Milne disnae have a scooby, or he cynically did it to appease the raving fanboys in our support, knowin full well that Miller is a buffoon. He can go on and on about his

involvement in our youth setup, and how he's developing AFC's future (which, judging by our performances for the last two seasons looks very likely to be grinding around the arse end of the First Division); but at

the proverbial wall years ago, his contributions as club captain are a distant memory compared to his many fuckups as a director.

Willie will always be AFC's greatest player but his appointment on the board has been a complete disaster and has been shown up big time.

Your right...Milne is the problem but I'd hazzard a guess that Milne cares fu*k all about anything other than keeping his head down until the SMG's bid is accepted for Todder's...many have said this is nonsense and he wouldn't have hung around so long...think about this though...

The area is coming up in terms of what an appartment would fetch on the market...there's been a fair bit of cash ploughed into the area in the last few years...and not by Milne....

He's a cu*t alright but the property value of an appartment now as a pose to say 10 years ago in that area of town has seen a marked increase

Oh Jesus Christ. You can't possibly believe this. Red(hand of Ul)star. You've tried to make this point before and I'm sure me and many have proved beyond reasonable doubt that this just cannot be the case. Open your eyes man! Yes we're rotten. No Milne isn't the man for the job. Yes we need an real hard look at ALL staff at the club. But he is not there for the sake of a few seaton flats!

The man can't run a fucking chipper let alone be on a board at a big football club. :deadhorse:

Milne leaves, then what?

I see NO solution to any of the the problems.

It's easy to sit there and blame this and that on Milne, but what the fuck do you propose he should do?

NO SOLUTIONS EVER MADE, JUST FOLK SAYING 'GTF MILNE'.

Wish there was somebody to step in but their isn't, we've got so far into debt under him were at the point were we actually need him on the board.

Milne doesn't have to leave the board or sell all his shares and remove the guarantees - he only controls something like 20% of the shares anyway.

He could simply step down as Chairman and give the opportunity of running the club to someone else.

Someone with enthusiasm and who can inspire enthusiasm in others.

Milne leaves, then what?

It's easy to sit there and blame this and that on Milne, but what the fuck do you propose he should do?

Here's a solution...Issue a statement to the BBC (Not just the P&J) as Romanov did publicly stating that AFC are for sale...and the board will listen to offers.

As far as I can see all Milne ever does is put on his greety face and say no one will invest...No Shit Sherlock..Not as long as you have anything to do with AFC

Here's a solution...Issue a statement to the BBC (Not just the P&J) as Romanov did publicly stating that AFC are for sale...and the board will listen to offers.

As far as I can see all Milne ever does is put on his greety face and say no one will invest...No Shit Sherlock..Not as long as you have anything to do with AFC

How much spare cash would someone need to buy a controlling stake in the club, clear the debt and ensure the new stadium is still delivered (as it has to be now - it's been left too long).

About

Of course we need a new stadium, keep up ffs :rolleyes:

Anyway we did all this weeks ago, and you said you'd find some Russian mafioso to spend his roubles on us, how's that coming along, or not quite as easy as you thought?

Now now FS...They don't use rubles where I am it's Manat's...I would think a statement from AFC is needed to show comitment that they are willing to listen to offers and Milne is standing down is requied before anybody can think about investing.

Please don't flay me alive but why do we need to move right now...I'm quite happy with the location....Is there some HSE issue or something with the current stadium...I'm only asking

Now now FS...They don't use rubles where I am it's Manat's...I would think a statement from AFC is needed to show comitment that they are willing to listen to offers and Milne is standing down is requied before anybody can think about investing.

Sorry, pretty sure you said it would be easy to get some Russian oligarch involved, I take it you now admit that there is no-one queing up to buy AFC, just as what's his face found after his radio Scotland appeal last year.

Please don't flay me alive but why do we need to move right now...I'm quite happy with the location....Is there some HSE issue or something with the current stadium...I'm only asking

Main stand has to go due to UEFA rules and an impending revocation opf fire safety certificate. Not enough room torebuild to sufficient capacity, so yes a move is essential, whether that should have been to Loirston is another matter, but a move out of the existing footprint is imperative.

Sorry, pretty sure you said it would be easy to get some Russian oligarch involved, I take it you now admit that there is no-one queing up to buy AFC, just as what's his face found after his radio Scotland appeal last year.

Main stand has to go due to UEFA rules and an impending revocation opf fire safety certificate. Not enough room torebuild to sufficient capacity, so yes a move is essential, whether that should have been to Loirston is another matter, but a move out of the existing footprint is imperative.

Thanks for the clarification...all though I'm not sure UEFA rules will apply to us if things carry on in the current vain.

As before AFC have to make a public statement before anyone will step up to the plate investment wise...I'm pretty sure...and I'm not being synical here...that Mr Milne will not issue a statement to that effect until the title deeds of Todders are in SMG's hands

Thanks for the clarification...all though I'm not sure UEFA rules will apply to us if things carry on in the current vain.

As before AFC have to[1] make a public statement before anyone will step up to the plate investment wise...I'm pretty sure...and I'm not being synical here...that Mr Milne will not issue a statement to that effect until the title deeds of Todders are in SMG's hands[2]

[1] No they don't, any businessman knows that everything is for sale for a price, quite simply no-one wants it, even all those mega rich Russians you promised us would be delighted to get involved.

[2] As noted by Pudgie, please drop this conspiracy shit, it just makes you look simple, it's been more than 15 years since Wiggy got involved, his reasons were clearly not to get his hands on a shite bit of land by Seaton.

that Mr Milne will not issue a statement to that effect until the title deeds of Todders are in SMG's hands

What a fucking load of shite you speak min, let it go. And just to put your mind at rest, if the SMG do end up building houses at Pittodrie it will because they had paid more than any other company was willing to for the place.

What a fucking load of shite you speak min, let it go. And just to put your mind at rest, if the SMG do end up building houses at Pittodrie it will because they had paid more than any other company was willing to for the place.

We'll see

The amount of anger directed at anyone on here who suggests that Milne is ultimatley only interested in developing the Pittodrie site is quite astounding.

Remember.....No-one protests quite as much as a guilty thief.

Why did he sign Brooner on a three year deal, given that the idea behind his appointment was to stabalise us and that this would likely be his last job? Lack of forward thinking. Solution - have a plan/philosophy and appoint a manager accordingly - if that means gambling on an Adams or a Lomas and not giving the fans a " big name" then so be it.

Avoid having the guts of the squad out of contract at the end of every single season - you remove the massive balancing act and you remove the risk of an unbalanced squad. Solution - arrange negotiations earlier and stagger the length of contracts for new arrivals.

Why no scouting network, why do we need to solely rely on the contacts of the manager? If you have an ongoing scouting network, we can have an ongoing database of contacts to help whichever manager in charge. A good way of "investing" and helping the manager use the 4th biggest budget in the league.

How has the relationship with fans deteriorated to this level? In the last few years we've seen fans openly resenting the players/manager/board/each other. From what I hear efforts are being made to help remedy this - but time will tell.

Years upon years of Milne absolutely not recognising or remedying any of these issues is bound to make folk resent him. Any manager who wins a trophy under the current chairman will deserve a knighthood, as much as managers have and are making an arse out this job even the right man will be completely pissing into the wind.

Answer to the first question is easy...Milne will have thought a safe pair of hands to keep us in th SPL just long enough for the sale, and subequent purchase by the SMG, of Pittodrie...Milne will then walk...Milne has no interest in AFC as a footballing entity...he doesn't give a sh*t.

There will be nothing to look forward to other than SPL survival as long as he is at the helm...anybody who cannot see this is either extremely stupid or very naive

Milne leaves, then what?

Your assuming that none of these problems can't be solved with a little more thought. For example, we continue to waste wages on poor players, so why allow anyone to give Mackie a new contract, re-sign Young or Clark?

Why sack Calderwood when we did not have the funds to do so? Why give Broon a 3 year deal? Why give Cove Rangers 3 million to get a piece of land when it will create a strong rival for the club?

Lets go back a few years - would you have allowed Billy Dodds to leave and give Utd 750,000? Would you have appointed Alex Miller?

The guy is chairman of the football club and yet he has no clue about what a football is!

I am not asking for a millionaire to step in just a smart guy who can use his brain.

Answer to the first question is easy...Milne will have thought a safe pair of hands to keep us in th SPL just long enough for the sale, and subequent purchase by the SMG, of Pittodrie...Milne will then walk...Milne has no interest in AFC as a footballing entity...he doesn't give a sh*t.

There will be nothing to look forward to other than SPL survival as long as he is at the helm...anybody who cannot see this is either extremely stupid or very naive

Oh please just shut up you boring fart. First it was endless GWT posts, now it's the ludicrous 'pittodrie for flats' pish. Go and hae a word we yersel.

Oh please just shut up you boring fart. First it was endless GWT posts, now it's the ludicrous 'pittodrie for flats' pish. Go and hae a word we yersel.

The title of the thread should tell you that it's not going to be in praise of your hero Stewart...I'm not the only one who brings this up..why have a go at me?...Do you have a working relationship with Stewart?

The title of the thread should tell you that it's not going to be in praise of your hero Stewart...I'm not the only one who brings this up..why have a go at me?...Do you have a working relationship with Stewart?

Ok guys, whilst NO ONE can prove or disprove any suggestion that he is interested in the land for building flats, Redstar is not the first person (nor will he be the last) to comment on this.

In addition several people believed that Milne and the rest of the Aberdeen board did not try hard enough to buy the land behind the family stand when we had the opportunity many years ago leaving it near impossible to build a second RDS stand (or some alternative). Hence from that point on redeveloping Pitters was a no go. However Milne has looked into rebuilding the Main Stand and completely revamping the stadium suggest that a move away really was plan B.

I don't think his is in it for the land. My problem with him is he is an idiot when it comes to footballing decisions.

I think most others have now accepted that this ridiculous theory is so laughable, they don't want to embarass themselves by repeating it any more.

Milne's tenure is less and less defensible by the day, but this 'only here for the flats' nonsense has nothing to do with the thread title, his ability as chairman, or his knowledge of football matters, it is simply a gauge with which we can judge the stupidity of some posters who repeat it, obviously at present on the flatsometer scale, you come across as pretty fucking stupid.