Milne Gtf

Ok guys, whilst NO ONE can prove or disprove any suggestion that he is interested in the land for building flats, Redstar is not the first person (nor will he be the last) to comment on this.

In addition several people believed that Milne and the rest of the Aberdeen board did not try hard enough to buy the land behind the family stand when we had the opportunity many years ago leaving it near impossible to build a second RDS stand (or some alternative). Hence from that point on redeveloping Pitters was a no go. However Milne has looked into rebuilding the Main Stand and completely revamping the stadium suggest that a move away really was plan B.

I don't think his is in it for the land. My problem with him is he is an idiot when it comes to footballing decisions.

Thanks Al a nice balanced argument for either side...FS take note...you don't have to resort to insults to get your point across...in fact some would argue that resorting to name calling was the last recourse of a defeated man...not me I may hasten to add...I agree with your last point Al...he is an idiot

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most others have now accepted that this ridiculous theory is so laughable, they don't want to embarass themselves by repeating it any more.

Milne's tenure is less and less defensible by the day, but this 'only here for the flats' nonsense has nothing to do with the thread title, his ability as chairman, or his knowledge of football matters, it is simply a gauge with which we can judge the stupidity of some posters who repeat it, obviously at present on the flatsometer scale, you come across as pretty fucking stupid.

There you go again...can you please cut down on the insult's...

So, if Milne isn't at Aberdeen FC for the land.. and I'm not arguing this one way or the other.... why in the fuck IS he at Aberdeen, given it sure as fuck isn't for the benefit of the club.

I refuse to believe that he has run AFC into the ground by accident... there's a motive behind his malicious destruction of AFC, of that I'm absolutely fucking certain.

There you go again...can you please cut down on the insult's...

Quite funny that I pulled you for continually resorting to this, and now you try the same. Differnece being of course, that anyone using thew "pittodrie for flats" line, IS pretty fucking stupid, it's not an insult, it's just a fact.

Quite funny that I pulled you for continually resorting to this, and now you try the same. Differnece being of course, that anyone using thew "pittodrie for flats" line, IS pretty fucking stupid, it's not an insult, it's just a fact.

Remind me when have I ever insulted you...I've had a go at Milne and Brown but not at you

So, if Milne isn't at Aberdeen FC for the land.. and I'm not arguing this one way or the other.... why in the fuck IS he at Aberdeen, given it sure as fuck isn't for the benefit of the club.

I refuse to believe that he has run AFC into the ground by accident... there's a motive behind his malicious destruction of AFC, of that I'm absolutely fucking certain.

Agreed...well said that man

Nae sure, but there are a shxtload of hooses going to be built by him at Cove and an even bigger shxtload built around where the new stadium is to be built.

Neither location would ever have been passed were it not for the stadium being built there.

So The land at Pitodrie aside, it is all win win for the housebuilding mogul.

I've always believed that Milne will see The new stadium built, and then set about investing in the football team.

I'm still nae convinced I'm wrong in that belief. I expect I'll find oot in a couple of years.

Nae sure, but there are a shxtload of hooses going to be built by him at Cove and an even bigger shxtload built around where the new stadium is to be built.

Neither location would ever have been passed were it not for the stadium being built there.

I've always believed that Milne will see The new stadium built, and then set about investing in the football team.

I'm still nae convinced I'm wrong in that belief. I expect I'll find oot in a couple of years.

milne will step down upon completion of the new stadium! There will be a share issue which he will have to under write but his involvment at afc will be winding down

As an exile, I am not up to date with the Aberdeen property market. If it's anything like the rest of the UK where housebuilding has all but stopped in some areas, then there may not be many takers for all these houses.

Perhaps Mr. Milne may not be sitting on such a goldmine after all.

Milne doesn't choose the players to sign, or pick the team, or decide on the tactics.

But his judgement on managers appears to be suspect. Obviously his astute business brain isn't suited for this task.

I agree. The manager is solely culpable for on field results, and with the 4th biggest budget in the league, no blame can be laid at Milnes door.

I would imagine the selection of McGhee and Brown was done on the great advice of our DoF

I'd be amazed if that happened...and would take back everything I said about him being a cu*t

I wouldn't... we'd be lumbered with a mortgage TWICE our current debt. He walks away caring not one single fuck that he's the man responsible for nearly 20 years of failure, taking a club from operating largely within its means to being so debt-ridden we're more or less insolvent, and turned Scotland's most successful non-OF club into perennial relegation candidates... assuming we haven't actually been relegated by then.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit.

I wouldn't... we'd be lumbered with a mortgage TWICE our current debt. He walks away caring not one single fuck that he's the man responsible for nearly 20 years of failure, taking a club from operating largely within its means to being so debt-ridden we're more or less insolvent, and turned Scotland's most successful non-OF club into perennial relegation candidates... assuming we haven't actually been relegated by then.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit.

Thanks for pointing that out Ke1t...forgot about the morgage...yup still a cu*t

my hunch is that when the stadium is completed Milne pays off ALL our debts puts us back in black then walks away leaving us to fend for ourselves

My hunch is that when they stadium is completed and other folk have paid for it and our share prices rises sharply on back of this Milne will look to offload as many of his shares (that he bought mainly at rock bottom price) as possible for a nice profit.

My hunch is that when they stadium is completed and other folk have paid for it and our share prices rises sharply on back of this Milne will look to offload as many of his shares (that he bought mainly at rock bottom price) as possible for a nice profit.

i doubt it, milnes share allocation will increase as a result of our inevitible flop share issue which he will under write

As Kelt says, just what the hell has Milne seen in this position, that has made him stick it out? Save for a couple of great evenings in the Europa League, it's been a rollercoaster of torrid result after torrid result mostly. Why would he subject himself to that? Surely even the most blinkered businessman would see that it's not working, or listen to the advice from friends or colleagues?

I just don't understand it.

I don't think it's as black and white as saying he wants the land for flats. But there HAS to be something in all of this.

I used to believe that Milne was so blinkered, bloody minded and defiant, that he genuinely thought he could see AFC up there challenging again, and he'd be the man to do it. Then came the era of financial prudence, and this penny pinching git saw that as his prime goal... making sure we didn't go bust. Now, it's about delivering a new shiny stadium and training facilities.

To be honest Stewarty, we just want a team to be proud of - not pumped out of the league every season - not looking for manager after manager - maybe get to a final and hey, you never know, actually win it. Is that all too much to ask?

Look, this is where I am Stewart - You're by far, the biggest failure of a man to ever be associated with AFC. Most of the players and managers to embrace that badge of honour, were appointed by yourself, or your delegated representative.

We're going down.... on your watch.

AGM - be there everyone and get ripped into this man. And oh, don't vote for the re-appointment of Duncan Fraser... a former Milne antagonist, turned apologist.

i doubt it, milnes share allocation will increase as a result of our inevitible flop share issue which he will under write

Which will get him more shares at rock bottom price which will rise steeply should the dream of us getting new stadium built and paid for?

Why will the shares rise steeply?

Cause some of the Pittodrie sale money will be used, according to club, to cut some the debt. We will also have nice new stadium with rest of debt tied up into a long term mortgage, ensuring financial stability.

The above all relies of course in us finding the full outside funding for new stadium.

Cause some of the Pittodrie sale money will be used, according to club, to cut some the debt. We will also have nice new stadium with rest of debt tied up into a long term mortgage, ensuring financial stability.

The above all relies of course in us finding the full outside funding for new stadium.

If it works out that way, then there may be a marginal bump in share price, certainly in no way steeply, especially as AFC shares are no longer listed, so Wiggy has to find a buyer for a huge percentage of AFC shares, that in itself will drive down the price in a buyers market, a buyers market where there is absolutely no clamour whatsoever from anyone looking to buy.

• Site Sponsor

Milne leaves, then what?

I see NO solution to any of the the problems.

It's easy to sit there and blame this and that on Milne, but what the fuck do you propose he should do?

NO SOLUTIONS EVER MADE, JUST FOLK SAYING 'GTF MILNE'.

He's made so many mistakes it's unbelievable.

He is not there for some flats. As I have said before it is lowgrade land which will command relatively small profits.

He is there first and foremost because Ian Donald asked him as a fan to invest. Probably the biggest regret of his life was accepting.

He doesn't know how to run the club as his record testifies, but until someone comes in with a lot of money we have him.

• Site Sponsor

Now now FS...They don't use rubles where I am it's Manat's...I would think a statement from AFC is needed to show comitment that they are willing to listen to offers and Milne is standing down is requied before anybody can think about investing.

Please don't flay me alive but why do we need to move right now...I'm quite happy with the location....Is there some HSE issue or something with the current stadium...I'm only asking

Aye it must look ok fae Baku! Redstar, it's a dump, let's move on. It's value is the memories whcih are recorded for posterity.

New stadium and a proper footballing set up and it could be enjoyable for all of us.

• Site Sponsor

Answer to the first question is easy...Milne will have thought a safe pair of hands to keep us in th SPL just long enough for the sale, and subequent purchase by the SMG, of Pittodrie...Milne will then walk...Milne has no interest in AFC as a footballing entity...he doesn't give a sh*t.

There will be nothing to look forward to other than SPL survival as long as he is at the helm...anybody who cannot see this is either extremely stupid or very naive

I'd be astonished if the profit from the Pittodrie land deal would even cover his investment in shares, time, grief, etc.

No, it isn't Manhattan West, It's Seaton South.

Aye it must look ok fae Baku! Redstar, it's a dump, let's move on. It's value is the memories whcih are recorded for posterity.

New stadium and a proper footballing set up and it could be enjoyable for all of us.

I am in Aberdeen half of the time...Walking doon the Makro Road...Too see Pa Broons disgraces......doesn't quite hae the same ring to it either

I'd be astonished if the profit from the Pittodrie land deal would even cover his investment in shares, time, grief, etc.

Correct, total urban myth that he is in it for the site.

The margin's made on the SMG Kepplestone development would be at least 10 times greater than what might be made at the bottom of Merkland Road.

In the current economic environment I would say the business case for the Pittodrie site could be described as high risk low margin.

The area's on the up...while it's not Queens Road...It's been brought up by some of the newer appartments...built by other contractors in the last few years...he is building around 300 units...there is a fair bit of profit to be had