Where Are They Now

5 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Can hardly mind.... surely he wasn't playing on the left and keeping Hayes out the team? 

I actually can't think of many games I saw him playing now I try to think about it. Kid was born around then though, so blurred memory!

2016 league cup final - Jack, Shinnie and McLean in the middle. Hayes and Maddison wide. McGinn on the bench. Hayes played on the right hand side. 

1 minute ago, dazzy_deff said:

2016 league cup final - Jack, Shinnie and McLean in the middle. Hayes and Maddison wide. McGinn on the bench. Hayes played on the right hand side. 

Hayes even ended up playing a chunk of that game through the middle.

Funny the way this thread has gone.  I was saying to the loon last night that there were shades of McInnes-esp AFC about Engurlund last night.  Stones, Maguire, Rice and Phillips surely had the MVP between them but they'd no out ball.  They needed to be 30yards up the pitch away from trouble and actually creating something instead.   They basically conceded 2/3rds of the pitch to Italy.  Unless they'd convinced themselves that they would win on penalties which Id suggest was somewhat short sighted, short memoried of them.  It was that Madison Number 10 coming short they needed (and Sterling and Kane to do one).  Accept Pickford wasn't really tested - 2 very good saves apart - but thankfully you don't win games trying to defend for 89 minutes.  Thats where I saw the similarity.  

1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Funny the way this thread has gone.  I was saying to the loon last night that there were shades of McInnes-esp AFC about Engurlund last night.  Stones, Maguire, Rice and Phillips surely had the MVP between them but they'd no out ball.  They needed to be 30yards up the pitch away from trouble and actually creating something instead.   They basically conceded 2/3rds of the pitch to Italy.  Unless they'd convinced themselves that they would win on penalties which Id suggest was somewhat short sighted, short memoried of them.  It was that Madison Number 10 coming short they needed (and Sterling and Kane to do one).  Accept Pickford wasn't really tested - 2 very good saves apart - but thankfully you don't win games trying to defend for 89 minutes.  Thats where I saw the similarity.  

Was saying the same thing.  SImilarly to McInnes last few seasons at Aberdeen, we played good stuff till we led then sat back and he tried to manage the game out, rather than just keep the foot on the gas and try to "win" the game.  Pretty much what I felt England did last night as well. Arguably their most creative player on the bench. 

On 7/12/2021 at 2:15 PM, StandFree1982 said:

Was saying the same thing.  SImilarly to McInnes last few seasons at Aberdeen, we played good stuff till we led then sat back and he tried to manage the game out, rather than just keep the foot on the gas and try to "win" the game.  Pretty much what I felt England did last night as well. Arguably their most creative player on the bench. 

I don't think Southgate was to blame for that. I think the players shat it. They thought they were on the verge of history and decided all they had to do was not allow Italy to score. It almost worked as well. 

2 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

I don't think Southgate was to blame for that. I think the players shat it. They thought they were on the verge of history and decided all they had to do was not allow Italy to score. It almost worked as well. 

Broadly agree, but I don't think it was through fear. It's quite natural to be more conservative when you've got something to hold onto, and gung ho when you've nothing to lose. 

3 hours ago, Millertime said:

Didn’t realise McLean was 29 now. 

replies on there are crazy. You’d think rangers have Gazza and van bronchorst in midfield just now the way they are talking about their superior players…. They’ve got fucking Scott arfield who had to pretend to be Canadian to get an international cap

9 hours ago, Millertime said:

You don't go on any other teams forums?

No, I've got a life.

9 hours ago, Millertime said:

Like to see what's happening and also their views on us

I can see whats happening on bbc sport and don't give a flying fuck what they tnink about us. Let me guess it will be the same repeated shit "living in 80s" ?

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

No, I've got a life.

I can see whats happening on bbc sport and don't give a flying fuck what they tnink about us. Let me guess it will be the same repeated shit "living in 80s" ?

Anyone who regularly goes on other clubs sites is a bit of an oddball imo (few examples on here) but the "living in the 80's" shite often gets spouted on the bbc too. 

• Upvote 2
22 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Anyone who regularly goes on other clubs sites is a bit of an oddball imo (few examples on here) but the "living in the 80's" shite often gets spouted on the bbc too. 

Anyone who regularly goes on this site is a bit of an oddball tbh.

3 hours ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Glad im not the only one that thinks it's weird going on a forum for a team you dinna even support. 

Aye fuck the BBC too. Weegie cunts.

• Upvote 1
58 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Glad im not the only one that thinks it's weird going on a forum for a team you dinna even support. 

Aye fuck the BBC too. Weegie cunts.

I certainly don't do it regularly, but after their club has suffered a defeat, Hibs.net (once theyve unlocked it) and especially the 2 main sevco sites are a joyous read. Total meltdown