Where Are They Now

25 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Freddie Woodman in goal for Newcastle today.

Was he any good? All I can remember about him was he saved a couple pens in a shootout for us. 

He was fucking horrendous at Kilmarnock before he joined us on loan.

We were so shit overall when he joined that it's difficult to remember him for anything. I can't think of any total fuck ups and I do think he didn't play too many games (less than 10??) because Lewis recovered from injury a lot faster than he was expected to

24 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

He was fucking horrendous at Kilmarnock before he joined us on loan.

We were so shit overall when he joined that it's difficult to remember him for anything. I can't think of any total fuck ups and I do think he didn't play too many games (less than 10??) because Lewis recovered from injury a lot faster than he was expected to

Saved a few pens in a shootout at Killie from memory.

Gerd Muller........in a German mortuary fridge

Will mean nothing to anyone aged under 40. Scored the winning goal for West Germany in 1974 WC final and broke my 7 year old heart as I was backing Holland. 

Also scored a shitload of goals for Bayern Munich, picking up European Cup medals along the way

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Will mean nothing to anyone aged under 40. Scored the winning goal for West Germany in 1974 WC final and broke my 7 year old heart as I was backing Holland. 

Also scored a shitload of goals for Bayern Munich, picking up European Cup medals along the way

His goal scoring record was outrageous.  550  goals in 580 appearances or something close to that.some striker at that time though.hardy bastard

3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

On 8/11/2021 at 6:04 PM, Ten Caat said:

Brian Rice..................Hamilton dole office. (Resigned)

:dance:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Durrant Dived said:

Take note @Devlin 

Exactly what I was thinking when I read it. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it... Devlin is never going to play another 90 minutes for Aberdeen - why not save ourselves a couple grand a week and bin him when we had the chance. I get that it's harsh on the guy, but we're not a charity, and let's be honest he's got free money off the club for the last 2-3 years for sitting on his backside. Surprised he hasn't injured that from sitting on it so much.

Always felt sorry for Hoban though - he seemed like a nice bloke, and certainly did well for us to start with - hopeless last year though. All the best to him in whatever he's doing next.

12 hours ago, RAZOR said:

There's some boy on Twitter still saying he was worth giving a new contract.

But agree with above, Devlin I fear won't be far away from the same fate.

It was said on here that we did offer him a new contract, but that he wanted to see what other offers were available and so Glass withdrew the offer

12 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

It was said on here that we did offer him a new contract, but that he wanted to see what other offers were available and so Glass withdrew the offer

Looking at that decision in hindsight, he probably knew he'd get more elsewhere for his last footballers pay packet. Quite right too, if I knew I had a year left, i'd want as much as I could too. 

54 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Looking at that decision in hindsight, he probably knew he'd get more elsewhere for his last footballers pay packet. Quite right too, if I knew I had a year left, i'd want as much as I could too. 

Well it appears he's getting nothing for his last pay packet, strange decision unless he is total fucked by injuries

18 minutes ago, davieb said:

Well it appears he's getting nothing for his last pay packet, strange decision unless he is total fucked by injuries

Doubt he's getting nothing. He'll either get something via insurance, as dazzy_deff mentioned above, or he'll have come to an agreement with Crewe and getting a portion of his contract paid up.  It's better for Crewe if they got him off the payroll for 70%, just a finger in the air figure, of his contract, rather than paying for him to sit around injured for 2 years collecting a full wage.  I'm guessing "not being able to play again" will be an insurance job though. 

22 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Doubt he's getting nothing. He'll either get something via insurance, as dazzy_deff mentioned above, or he'll have come to an agreement with Crewe and getting a portion of his contract paid up.  It's better for Crewe if they got him off the payroll for 70%, just a finger in the air figure, of his contract, rather than paying for him to sit around injured for 2 years collecting a full wage.  I'm guessing "not being able to play again" will be an insurance job though. 

Fair point, but given his record, I wonder how much the insurance (if any) will pay up? Got to feel for the guy, but he's young enough to start a new career.

Read the Crewe manager's comments on what happened. He got a text a couple of days prior to their opening league match saying that Hoban "didn't feel quite right". Not clarified as yet whether that meant physically, mentally or both. 

Anyway the manager heard nothing more so he called Hoban back the next day and it was then Hoban told him completely out the blue that he was retiring. Whatever the ins and outs of it, Crewe won't be paying him a penny beyond the day he said he was retiring. Whether he gets an insurance payout or not is a different matter altogether.