Where Are They Now

11 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

He has a business called Nine Hair and works out of The Old Anvil Hair Room in Hamilton.

Hair Nine would have been cleverer. 

As in he cuts hair and played number 9, and it's a play on 'Hairline'.

Nine Hair,  though?

6 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Virtual points to Muttonhumper.

Any fans on here old enough to have seen him play for the Dons?

I would have been there when he was playing, not sure if I saw him play as all I used to do at that time was run along the main stand flipping seats up and down.

Apparently. I would have been 4.

Also remember my Dad gave my signed photo in picture frame.

No idea where that went.

I know I used to call him "Salt n Vinegar". Nor sure if that was a thing, or just seemed close enough for a 4 year old.

11 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Virtual points to Muttonhumper.

Any fans on here old enough to have seen him play for the Dons?

I'm certainly old enough, was the first season I was allowed to go to games on the supporters bus alone but I never saw him play.

Because he broke his ankle or something in the very next game, was out for a while and Leighton regained his place. De Clerck never played another game for us and left for a Dutch club the following summer.

Can't remember why Leighton had lost his place in the first place. Probably injury as I'm sure we started the defence of our title fairly well. We lost it almost exclusively to the combined efforts of Morton (our bogey club for no apparent good reason at that time) and Kilmarnock. Sure they both beat us twice that season.

39 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I'm certainly old enough, was the first season I was allowed to go to games on the supporters bus alone but I never saw him play.

Because he broke his ankle or something in the very next game, was out for a while and Leighton regained his place. De Clerck never played another game for us and left for a Dutch club the following summer.

Can't remember why Leighton had lost his place in the first place. Probably injury as I'm sure we started the defence of our title fairly well. We lost it almost exclusively to the combined efforts of Morton (our bogey club for no apparent good reason at that time) and Kilmarnock. Sure they both beat us twice that season.

I know De Clerc only played two games for us, but was wondering if anyone managed to see Zoltan Varga play for the Dons