Where Are They Now

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

Until McInnes gets a job and resurrects his star man's career by turning his new club into a hoofball-fest.

McInnes couldn't get a tune out of the cunt after he came back from injury either. He was absolutely hopeless in his last year or so at Pittodrie. 

There's clearly a player in there  but it's buried so deep now that you'll likely never see it again. 

5 hours ago, Roberto said:

He wasn't a bad goalscorer. He did know where the net was... He just wasnt a good footballer.

There are players just like him that have made a career out of being quite simply a goalscorer and at a higher level than him.

I'm glad he isn't at Aberdeen anymore at the same time.

His YouTube highlights reel must have a few crackers in it. Any clubs fans down there will see that and think they’re getting a player! 

I mind speaking to my da every week and him saying ‘cosgrove again eh’ and trying to explain just how bad he was to watch. But he always stuck it in the #onionbag (far did that come from) when having a shite game. 

Had a look through McNamara’s autobiography yesterday to see what he said about his time with us . About 3 pages spared for his time at AFC. 
His original plan was to commute every day but soon got fed up with the 3 hour and more journey every day so the club put him in some flat. Jimmy C promised him a left midfielder role and easier training sessions , neither of which happened to his satisfaction. 
The Monday after the QoS semi , Jimmy had a go at him at training and they had a right old barney In front of the squad . That is basically it.
The book is in obscenely huge print as well. Reckon you could finish it over a couple of hours . 

15 minutes ago, Poodler said:

I know nothing of the fitness world but surely you canna be in peak condition for training after a 3 hour drive every morning 

You can't be. You are naturally mentally fatigued after such a journey (especially if you are doing it repetitively), therefore cannot be of a fresh mindset required to achieve optimal physical fitness.

My uncle always said when I went weightlifting with him, it's 50% mind and 50% physicality (he's right). Considering he is only a handful of folk to ever lift the Dinnie's Stones, as well as compete in strongman competitions, that's good enough for me.

55 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

You can't be. You are naturally mentally fatigued after such a journey (especially if you are doing it repetitively), therefore cannot be of a fresh mindset required to achieve optimal physical fitness.

My uncle always said when I went weightlifting with him, it's 50% mind and 50% physicality (he's right). Considering he is only a handful of folk to ever lift the Dinnie's Stones, as well as compete in strongman competitions, that's good enough for me.

Take the point, but regarding the 50:50 thing you can be sure it wasn’t someone physically weak who came up with that stat.  Rather someone who was naturally strong who then made the most of what they’ve got.  You hear it a lot in golf (not comparing the two sports) about it being 90% in the head.  Usually stated by someone who was a+2 by the time they were 15 or some such.

and regarding the round stones, there’s a lot of technique in there as well particularly if they’re being lifted above waist height.  As awkward as they are heavy.

2 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Take the point, but regarding the 50:50 thing you can be sure it wasn’t someone physically weak who came up with that stat.  Rather someone who was naturally strong who then made the most of what they’ve got.  You hear it a lot in golf (not comparing the two sports) about it being 90% in the head.  Usually stated by someone who was a+2 by the time they were 15 or some such.

and regarding the round stones, there’s a lot of technique in there as well particularly if they’re being lifted above waist height.  As awkward as they are heavy.

In relation to the latter part SMG, your mind has to equate to your physicality to enable you to have the technique to achieve such a feat or any another feat for that matter.

It may have been someone physically weak that come up with that 50:50 stat before my uncle relayed it to me (he took up weightlifting at approx 14), but it is bloody true though. I was only 7 stone before taking up weightlifting (can't do it now unfortunately) but through doing it regularly the mind and body worked together to get me to a decent weight and strength. 

16 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

How heavy are these bastards?

I reckon I could lift them