Where Are They Now

2 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Take the point, but regarding the 50:50 thing you can be sure it wasn’t someone physically weak who came up with that stat.  Rather someone who was naturally strong who then made the most of what they’ve got.  You hear it a lot in golf (not comparing the two sports) about it being 90% in the head.  Usually stated by someone who was a+2 by the time they were 15 or some such.

and regarding the round stones, there’s a lot of technique in there as well particularly if they’re being lifted above waist height.  As awkward as they are heavy.

In relation to the latter part SMG, your mind has to equate to your physicality to enable you to have the technique to achieve such a feat or any another feat for that matter.

It may have been someone physically weak that come up with that 50:50 stat before my uncle relayed it to me (he took up weightlifting at approx 14), but it is bloody true though. I was only 7 stone before taking up weightlifting (can't do it now unfortunately) but through doing it regularly the mind and body worked together to get me to a decent weight and strength. 

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Ethan Ross - wanted by Queens Park. 

Turns down an extension with talk of going down to Blackburn and Southampton, and now he's being linked with a Scottish League 1 outfit. ?‍♂️

It seems strange but aren't Queens Park having a hell of an investment , ok not at Newcastle standards

41 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Turns down an extension with talk of going down to Blackburn and Southampton, and now he's being linked with a Scottish League 1 outfit. ?‍♂️

Might not be a bad move for him actually. 

Professional club now with investment that are planning to go places 

1 hour ago, StandFree1982 said:

They've got very big ambitions. The dyke that was Hibs' chief exec is now QP chief exec and as has been said, they've had a big investment since deciding to go professional.

Looking to get up to the SPL within 5 years....sooner if possible.