Where Are They Now

11 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Danny Ward....making a comedy howler gifting Czech Republic the lead v Wales

He didn't look too clever for their first goal either

28 years old and has played 1 and a half seasons of football in his career

what a complete waste of a career and talent. I can’t understand how he can enjoy never playing football. Money is great but…. Surely that is shite

• Upvote 1
53 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

28 years old and has played 1 and a half seasons of football in his career

what a complete waste of a career and talent. I can’t understand how he can enjoy never playing football. Money is great but…. Surely that is shite

In the “real world” the money he’s on will be fantastic, but it’s all relative.He’ll be on way less than some of the guys he’s in the Wales squad with, so depending on whether or not he’s motivated by money, he’ll be happy to take thousands more and sit on his arse 90% of the time, or he’ll drop down a division or two and leave his comfy bench to actually play some fitba.

It always makes me laugh when the “it’s a short career so they need to earn that” line is trotted out.

The average wage in the SPL is supposedly £2200 a week which is huge compared to “normal” jobs.

Short career maybe, but when you earn 4 times as much as “normal” people, if your career is cut short, if you haven’t done something with your huge amounts of pay, you’re an idiot.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, YorkDon said:

In the “real world” the money he’s on will be fantastic, but it’s all relative.He’ll be on way less than some of the guys he’s in the Wales squad with, so depending on whether or not he’s motivated by money, he’ll be happy to take thousands more and sit on his arse 90% of the time, or he’ll drop down a division or two and leave his comfy bench to actually play some fitba.

It always makes me laugh when the “it’s a short career so they need to earn that” line is trotted out.

The average wage in the SPL is supposedly £2200 a week which is huge compared to “normal” jobs.

Short career maybe, but when you earn 4 times as much as “normal” people, if your career is cut short, if you haven’t done something with your huge amounts of pay, you’re an idiot.

It's a fair point, but 'average' isn't the stat to use for wages, as it will be massively skewed by the highest earners. (Median is more useful than Mean).

And if you earn all your money at once you pay a lot more tax than if you earn it spread out.