Where Are They Now

So can he re-sign for Clyde?  For me I appreciate the Raith fans' anger, and he has been twice ruled a rapist so that's fair enough.  Val Mcdermid fair enough but the fact Nicola Sturgeon wading in has caused this to go viral.  CNN even reporting on it.

Or will Clyde take him back and will Nicola shame them too? Will women's football leaders shame them too?  

So they've basically ended his football career - so what does he do, go back to labouring, but can never aspire to achieve anything.  What message does that send to anyone ACTUALLY doing time in prison, when they finish their 3-4 years, what will they have to hope for?   Becoming a cleaner?  That's essentially the message sent by Nicola.

Of course rapists deserve nothing from life, but in criminal justice, if you rehabilitate and assimilate them back into society they have less chance of reoffending...

Can imagine the lad is probably suicidal, and while he may deserve no sympathy for his own doing, he's surely served his time?

• Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, Alex Ferguson said:

So can he re-sign for Clyde?  For me I appreciate the Raith fans' anger, and he has been twice ruled a rapist so that's fair enough.  Val Mcdermid fair enough but the fact Nicola Sturgeon wading in has caused this to go viral.  CNN even reporting on it.

Or will Clyde take him back and will Nicola shame them too? Will women's football leaders shame them too?  

So they've basically ended his football career - so what does he do, go back to labouring, but can never aspire to achieve anything.  What message does that send to anyone ACTUALLY doing time in prison, when they finish their 3-4 years, what will they have to hope for?   Becoming a cleaner?  That's essentially the message sent by Nicola.

Of course rapists deserve nothing from life, but in criminal justice, if you rehabilitate and assimilate them back into society they have less chance of reoffending...

Can imagine the lad is probably suicidal, and while he may deserve no sympathy for his own doing, he's surely served his time?

He could do if Raith actually release him but so far all they've said is he wont get selected and they're going to discuss his contract. So as things stand he's still very much a Raith player

However the whole negative press about the issue.....it's actually now making the UK national news not just local news in Scotland.....means that there would be no club in the UK at least that would be willing to risk the bad press coverage and damage to their reputation that signing him would entail. Not even poor old Clyde

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

He could do if Raith actually release him but so far all they've said is he wont get selected and they're going to discuss his contract. So as things stand he's still very much a Raith player

However the whole negative press about the issue.....it's actually now making the UK national news not just local news in Scotland.....means that there would be no club in the UK at least that would be willing to risk the bad press coverage and damage to their reputation that signing him would entail. Not even poor old Clyde

This could be an opportunity for some club who don't care and are happy to sign untouchables. Start with GW, and in a few months time there might be a few more morally dubious players from the EPL who can't find a club.

26 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

This could be an opportunity for some club who don't care and are happy to sign untouchables. Start with GW, and in a few months time there might be a few more morally dubious players from the EPL who can't find a club.

Or get some like minded fans, Start up a new club that only signs sex offenders. What would be a good name to call them?

19 hours ago, davieb said:

Lol unfortunately for my daughter there's no denying she's mine, much to the ex-wife's dismay! Still had a conversation though, in fact it was the ex who asked me ... bet she regrets that now! ?

So you've totally had sex loads of times, but you specifically remember the particular conversation with your ex 15 years ago when you conceived your daughter?

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Alex Ferguson said:

They'd be well advised to keep very fucking quiet about alleged sexual impropriety for a while.

Sturgeon’s hatred for all things football coming to the fore now.

Wonder what roles and careers others who have not been convicted of crimes have in our society.

Her focus should be on the failure of the justice system here (if that is her view), her personal intervention in trial by media/ popular opinion juries should be deeply worrying to everyone.

She probably needs to come out and say where is acceptable for people in his situation to work 

can he work in Asda or will all the females resign from there? 

she waded in to this, she needs to lead from the top and tell us which industry is best for him 

at least she can consider every industry since he has no criminal record 

2 minutes ago, Dr_Manhattan said:

Yes, and I can tell you for a fact there's no way either of us could nail down the exact instant of conception.

I guess if you're talking about a single figure lifetime incident count that would make it easier.

Nipped my head for ages wanting a kid, of course I fucking remember the conversation!

7 minutes ago, Poodler said:

She probably needs to come out and say where is acceptable for people in his situation to work 

can he work in Asda or will all the females resign from there? 

she waded in to this, she needs to lead from the top and tell us which industry is best for him 

at least she can consider every industry since he has no criminal record 

He'd make a cracking SNP leader.

He could do what he wanted and she wouldn't remember.

• Haha 2