Where Are They Now

2 hours ago, Torry Tosser said:

Shinnie out of Wigan side,Cosgrove cannie score for Wimbledon...Not doing very well our ex players.

McLean playing regularly in the (bottom of the) hallowed EPL. McKenna seems to be pretty popular at Forest, and has the chance to impress the nation on council telly tonight.

5 hours ago, Torry Tosser said:

Shinnie out of Wigan side,Cosgrove cannie score for Wimbledon...Not doing very well our ex players.

Tbf Wigan are going well, looking good for automatic promotion so Shinnie might well find it difficult to nail down a permanent place for now. Although he did play the full 90 minutes last midweek, so maybe his absence at the weekend was because of injury seeing as he wasn't even on the subs bench.

Cosgrove.....really starting to look like he was a total flash in the pan and we have gotten massively lucky. £2million is looking like highway robbery now

3 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Even before his injury he was warming the bench.

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Tbf Wigan are going well, looking good for automatic promotion so Shinnie might well find it difficult to nail down a permanent place for now. Although he did play the full 90 minutes last midweek, so maybe his absence at the weekend was because of injury seeing as he wasn't even on the subs bench.

Cosgrove.....really starting to look like he was a total flash in the pan and we have gotten massively lucky. £2million is looking like highway robbery now

Exactly my thoughts, Wigan doing well. Mcgrath and Kerr have also been in and out the team since they joined. 

Speaking about ex dons and where are they now, this could be tin hat time for me.

But anyway, congratulations to Bruce Anderson for his SPFL player of the month award for February, it's a shame that he never really got a fair crack of the whip at the dons, decent player and a decent lad. Well done Bruce.

12 minutes ago, blowupsheep said:

Speaking about ex dons and where are they now, this could be tin hat time for me.

But anyway, congratulations to Bruce Anderson for his SPFL player of the month award for February, it's a shame that he never really got a fair crack of the whip at the dons, decent player and a decent lad. Well done Bruce.

Aye but is he going to score 19 goals post split like the (fat cunt) superstar we basically swapped him for?

46 minutes ago, NEM said:

Aye but is he going to score 19 goals post split like the (fat cunt) superstar we basically swapped him for?

The chances of that (fat cunt) superstar we basically swapped for Bruce scoring one goal post split is highly unlikely never mind 19 ffs. Fkn useless wage thief, cannot understand why we ever signed him in the first place utter mince.

Again, well done Bruce Anderson, congrats on an award well deserved loon. 

25 minutes ago, blowupsheep said:

The chances of that (fat cunt) superstar we basically swapped for Bruce scoring one goal post split is highly unlikely never mind 19 ffs. Fkn useless wage thief, cannot understand why we ever signed him in the first place utter mince.

Again, well done Bruce Anderson, congrats on an award well deserved loon. 

Hearing he's been binned along with Brown so aye no chance ?

22 minutes ago, NEM said:

Hearing he's been binned along with Brown so aye no chance ?

Great news if that is true (aye Jet that is) not fussed about Brown.

If Brown plays out the rest of the season then fine, if he doesn't then also fine, but as for fcukin JET hope he never pulls on a dons top again ever, fcukin useless chunt

54 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

How has Shinnie falling down the pecking order at Wigan? Injury or something?

He was one of Derby’s better players in the league above last season.

Agree we probably shouldn’t be taking him back. No doubt Cormack and Gunn will be thinking about it though…

He was struggling for game time since he signed for them. As has been said before.........Wigan are on a very good run of form, are in an automatic promotion place and looking good to cement it. So it was never going going to be easy for him to break into the side whilst things are going so well.  He certainly wasn't injured as he was on the bench a lot but often unused, but did play the full 90 minutes last midweek. I presume he was injured at the weekend though as he wasn't even on the bench

Why folk think they'd be willing to bomb him out in the summer defeats me though. And even in the unlikely case that they would, I'm also in the camp that says no to any return. He was a great player for us in his time but we need younger (and better) players than him.

2 hours ago, minijc said:

Shinnie would be a terrible signing, we've already been stung with Bryson and Brown, the club can't afford to get another signing like those where their best days are behind them.

Have to agree with that - it very rarely works out bringing in players over 30. Would need to give him a 3 year deal likely to tempt him and even if he does well in year 1 there's too much risk that we end up with yet another player tied to us who's past his best. See exhibit A: Joseph Lewis.

20 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

He was struggling for game time since he signed for them. As has been said before.........Wigan are on a very good run of form, are in an automatic promotion place and looking good to cement it. So it was never going going to be easy for him to break into the side whilst things are going so well.  He certainly wasn't injured as he was on the bench a lot but often unused, but did play the full 90 minutes last midweek. I presume he was injured at the weekend though as he wasn't even on the bench

Why folk think they'd be willing to bomb him out in the summer defeats me though. And even in the unlikely case that they would, I'm also in the camp that says no to any return. He was a great player for us in his time but we need younger (and better) players than him.

I don't follow it much but watched Wigan game last night, the commentator said he's been injured and suspended. 

He was the best player on the park last night. 

On Sam Cosgrove.

I felt that we may have picked up something against the huns with him instead of Ramirez.

Big Sam was admittedly limited but he could hold a ball up in a way that Ramirez can't. He could mix it up with defenders in a way that Ramirez can't.

When you're playing one very isolated striker up front then Sam's the better option.

My god do we need an entirely new midfield if we're to play to the strengths of Ramirez.