Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Where Are They Now

1 hour ago, Diehard1903 said:

On Sam Cosgrove.

I felt that we may have picked up something against the huns with him instead of Ramirez.

Big Sam was admittedly limited but he could hold a ball up in a way that Ramirez can't. He could mix it up with defenders in a way that Ramirez can't.

When you're playing one very isolated striker up front then Sam's the better option.

My god do we need an entirely new midfield if we're to play to the strengths of Ramirez.

Welcome to the 'Hat Mr Cosgrove...

How's your son getting on at his new loan with Wimbledon?

On 3/8/2022 at 1:02 PM, Don_Corleone said:

Have to agree with that - it very rarely works out bringing in players over 30. Would need to give him a 3 year deal likely to tempt him and even if he does well in year 1 there's too much risk that we end up with yet another player tied to us who's past his best. See exhibit A: Joseph Lewis.

It would just be sad to see Shinnie in this team. He isn't as good as he was in his mid 20s and the current team certainly dont have guys of the quality that were there either. Expectation would be for him to be the same but it would make for tragic viewing

13 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Struggled to score at both ends of his time here. But had an 18 month spell where he couldn't miss. 

17 pens scored for us which will have helped his overall tally.

But aye honking for us at the start and end of his time up north, had that spell where it seemed every shot he took went in the net

4 hours ago, Forever Red said:

Aye, I seem to remember Vernon was half decent. No idea where he went or where he is now - off to Google it 

Vernon Crespo. He had a good partnership with Cwis Maguire for a while.

The GWT decided to use him as a centre mid in his last season for some unknown reason.