Jump to content
Ke1t

Where Are They Now

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Hoban's retirement confirmed by Crewe. 

I presume he broke down again.

At least he had signed a 2 year contract.

Not the luckiest of players.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Hoban's retirement confirmed by Crewe. 

Now becomming a financial advisor thought I read?

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Now becomming a financial advisor thought I read?

Better off becoming a physio.

He must be well qualified by now.

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Hoban's retirement confirmed by Crewe. 

Take note @Devlin 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Durrant Dived said:

Take note @Devlin 

Exactly what I was thinking when I read it. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it... Devlin is never going to play another 90 minutes for Aberdeen - why not save ourselves a couple grand a week and bin him when we had the chance. I get that it's harsh on the guy, but we're not a charity, and let's be honest he's got free money off the club for the last 2-3 years for sitting on his backside. Surprised he hasn't injured that from sitting on it so much.

Always felt sorry for Hoban though - he seemed like a nice bloke, and certainly did well for us to start with - hopeless last year though. All the best to him in whatever he's doing next.

Share this post


Link to post

wish it could have worked with Hoban, could have been a cracking player without the injuries

Share this post


Link to post

Aye there was definitely a quality defender in there, but his body wasn’t up to it.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, dazzy_deff said:

Hoban's retirement confirmed by Crewe. 

There's some boy on Twitter still saying he was worth giving a new contract.

 

But agree with above, Devlin I fear won't be far away from the same fate.

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, RAZOR said:

There's some boy on Twitter still saying he was worth giving a new contract.

 

But agree with above, Devlin I fear won't be far away from the same fate.

It was said on here that we did offer him a new contract, but that he wanted to see what other offers were available and so Glass withdrew the offer

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

It was said on here that we did offer him a new contract, but that he wanted to see what other offers were available and so Glass withdrew the offer

Looking at that decision in hindsight, he probably knew he'd get more elsewhere for his last footballers pay packet. Quite right too, if I knew I had a year left, i'd want as much as I could too. 

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Looking at that decision in hindsight, he probably knew he'd get more elsewhere for his last footballers pay packet. Quite right too, if I knew I had a year left, i'd want as much as I could too. 

Well it appears he's getting nothing for his last pay packet, strange decision unless he is total fucked by injuries

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, davieb said:

Well it appears he's getting nothing for his last pay packet, strange decision unless he is total fucked by injuries

He will get an insurance payout im sure based on his 2 year contract (if injury is the cause).

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, davieb said:

Well it appears he's getting nothing for his last pay packet, strange decision unless he is total fucked by injuries

Doubt he's getting nothing. He'll either get something via insurance, as dazzy_deff mentioned above, or he'll have come to an agreement with Crewe and getting a portion of his contract paid up.  It's better for Crewe if they got him off the payroll for 70%, just a finger in the air figure, of his contract, rather than paying for him to sit around injured for 2 years collecting a full wage.  I'm guessing "not being able to play again" will be an insurance job though. 

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Doubt he's getting nothing. He'll either get something via insurance, as dazzy_deff mentioned above, or he'll have come to an agreement with Crewe and getting a portion of his contract paid up.  It's better for Crewe if they got him off the payroll for 70%, just a finger in the air figure, of his contract, rather than paying for him to sit around injured for 2 years collecting a full wage.  I'm guessing "not being able to play again" will be an insurance job though. 

Fair point, but given his record, I wonder how much the insurance (if any) will pay up? Got to feel for the guy, but he's young enough to start a new career.

Share this post


Link to post

Read the Crewe manager's comments on what happened. He got a text a couple of days prior to their opening league match saying that Hoban "didn't feel quite right". Not clarified as yet whether that meant physically, mentally or both. 

Anyway the manager heard nothing more so he called Hoban back the next day and it was then Hoban told him completely out the blue that he was retiring. Whatever the ins and outs of it, Crewe won't be paying him a penny beyond the day he said he was retiring. Whether he gets an insurance payout or not is a different matter altogether.

Share this post


Link to post

Hoban was abysmal last season. Thank fuck he didn’t sign on in the summer. 

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, he was truly useless. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Hoban was abysmal last season. Thank fuck he didn’t sign on in the summer. 

Yup, combined with what we now know as career ending injury problems and the club still wanted to give him a new deal. Odd.

Share this post


Link to post

Nah, heard his gambling addiction was distinctly amateur so we withdrew the offer and told him to buck his ideas up.  Or walk it off.  Or something.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Hoban was abysmal last season. Thank fuck he didn’t sign on in the summer. 

Lucky to him. If we didn't, he'd have been off to the epl...🙃

Share this post


Link to post

Crewe manager told him to play on in a friendly when he indicated he had taken a knock, decided enough was enough and called time on his football career 

Share this post


Link to post

Jayden Shockley scoring for Charlton tonight in League 1

Share this post


Link to post

And big Gash being an ever-present for Walsall so far. Currently 2nd bottom of League 2 with 1 point after 3 games. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

And big Gash being an ever-present for Walsall so far. Currently 2nd bottom of League 2 with 1 point after 3 games. 

He was at fault for 2 of the 3 goals they lost Saturday. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, RUL said:

He was at fault for 2 of the 3 goals they lost Saturday. 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/11/2021 at 10:14 AM, Durrant Dived said:

Watkins signed for Cardiff on a 4 week deal. Random. Scored 2 in league cup first game.

Binned by Cardiff now. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, RUL said:

He was at fault for 2 of the 3 goals they lost Saturday. 

Our best player last year according to some of the chocolates on here 😂

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, NEM said:

Our best player last year according to some of the chocolates on here 😂

Who won player of the season last year anyway? Cant think of anyone being over a 4 out of 10

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...