Where Are They Now

A steroid injection was used to target his pelvic bone, which ruled him out for six weeks. With his family and girlfriend back in Liverpool, he became increasingly isolated at home. For days, his only company would be podcasts by Joe Rogan, an American comedian and former UFC commentator.

“I was depressed. I wasn’t well at all,” Tansey says. “Looking back, it was a poisonous environment because I was on my own.”

Social media abuse did not help, with trolls targeting Tansey, who managed 14 appearances in his first six months at Pittodrie.

“I was getting tweets saying they had seen me out in Aberdeen drinking, that I had a drink problem and that’s why I wasn’t playing. One said, ‘Are you still alive? I’ve heard he’s fucking dead!’,” Tansey adds.

“I can take stick, but at that time I’d stay off Twitter because I wasn’t in a mental space to deal with that.

“I lived in a tiny village called Inverurie — there’s nowhere to go anyway if you wanted to have a bevvy. I didn’t have that sort of temptation.”

@ConsiCanBoogie1903 there's your favourite podcast mentioned.

Who was it that started the drinking rumour? 

Sad to hear all the pubs in Inverurie have shut down. 

Aye it was a shame for Tansey. He did genuinely look a decent player in that good Inverness team who won the Scottish Cup and were finishing top 3. 

Will also laugh at that Inverurie comment though

“I lived in a tiny village called Inverurie — there’s nowhere to go anyway if you wanted to have a bevvy. I didn’t have that sort of temptation.”

Honestly can't even put a number on how many places there must be to have a pint in Inverurie. Between bars and restaurants I don't think you'd struggle. Never mind the fact you are about 20 mins on the train from Aberdeen city centre!