Where Are They Now

10 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Do you believe that there has ever been miscarriages of justice when it comes to a convicted rapists?

Quite possibly. 

Not however, in the case of Goodwillie and Robertson. 

10 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

So they should both be shunned from being able to work in football? Thanks, that makes more sense at least. 

Are there any other lines of work they should be excluded from? 

For the record I'm not condoning rape or domestic violence. 

You don't agree that being a footballer is more than just another profession? 

Why are devils advocating to the benefit of a rapist? 

Weird stance, buddy. 

5 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

You don't agree that being a footballer is more than just another profession? 

Why are devils advocating to the benefit of a rapist? 

Weird stance, buddy. 

No, I just think it's a fine line you are walking regarding supporting rehabilitation of young offenders but then dictating which jobs they can take after they have been rehabilitated especially if you are removing the option to resume a job where they are most qualified to work and where they wouldn't be working in a profession where their previous crimes were directly putting people at risk. 

But its nae worth pursuing because this type of conversation is easy for you to accuse me of defending people who have committed a reprehensible act. Which I'm not doing. 

If he had been found guilty of any criminal offence he would certainly be barred from working in the caring professions.A trained nurse would be called to appear before the NMC but it's purely academic. They'd be struck off.  You can appeal a few years down the line but a criminal conviction for rape would certainly mean you'd be wasting your time doing so. However I'm not sure how a civil "conviction" would apply in this instance. My suspicion is that they would be allowed to continue a career in it although their fitness to practice would certainly be called into question. 

A career in football, where you only play against your own sex and the number of female employees/colleagues you encounter would be limited seems to me to be one of the least risky professions for a rapist to pursue

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

No, I just think it's a fine line you are walking regarding supporting rehabilitation of young offenders but then dictating which jobs they can take after they have been rehabilitated especially if you are removing the option to resume a job where they are most qualified to work and where they wouldn't be working in a profession where their previous crimes were directly putting people at risk. 

But its nae worth pursuing because this type of conversation is easy for you to accuse me of defending people who have committed a reprehensible act. Which I'm not doing. 

He was a labourer when he was at Clyde. 

Mostly a male dominated industry. 

He can do that. 

Edit; 

Its not about whether he'll rape another pro. It's about kids, women and fans in general having to cheer on a guy who's fucking raped someone. People who love their clubs having to withdraw support. 

It's the mother of all fuck ups by Raith and I think he'll be gone come the summer. 

12 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

He was a labourer when he was at Clyde. 

Mostly a male dominated industry. 

He can do that. 

Edit; 

Its not about whether he'll rape another pro. It's about kids, women and fans in general having to cheer on a guy who's fucking raped someone. People who love their clubs having to withdraw support. 

It's the mother of all fuck ups by Raith and I think he'll be gone come the summer. 

Sounds affa like denying someone their human right to seek employment despite there being no criminal conviction.

Cheers for clearing that up ?

12 minutes ago, thurso said:

Just wondered how drunk is to drunk to consent to sex 

Again- FUCKING look into it. 

The woman had forensic and medial evidence of her intoxication. 

Just look into it min. Stop asking stupid questions.

3 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Sounds affa like denying someone their human right to seek employment despite there being no criminal conviction.

Cheers for clearing that up ?

They can seek employment. 

Just shouldn't be in a profession like football where they can be adulated and adored by folk. 

Once again an incident in the public eye outing the freaks on the hat. 

I knew there were heaps but maybe not as many as this. 

15 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Once again an incident in the public eye outing the freaks on the hat. 

I knew there were heaps but maybe not as many as this. 

I don't think this is the case at all. 

I thought we were having a discussion on the parameters around acceptable future employment for someone found guilty of rape in either a criminal or civil case and where rehabilitation plays a part, if at all. 

Which is quite a complex issue. 

Your stance appears to be that a public facing role shouldn't be allowed which I haven't ridiculed as that is your opinion. 

I'm not defending rape in any shape or form so object to being labelled as a freak for trying to have a serious conversation. 

1 hour ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Do you believe that there has ever been miscarriages of justice when it comes to a convicted rapists?

There will be an absolutely terrifying amount. I don't think Goodwillie is one of them though.

It is a scary thought as well though... like what if you were absolutely blootered and a bird is absolutely blootered and you both agree to it? But in the morning you both regret it.... but then she calls you a rapist.

29 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I don't think this is the case at all. 

I thought we were having a discussion on the parameters around acceptable future employment for someone found guilty of rape in either a criminal or civil case and where rehabilitation plays a part, if at all. 

Which is quite a complex issue. 

Your stance appears to be that a public facing role shouldn't be allowed which I haven't ridiculed as that is your opinion. 

I'm not defending rape in any shape or form so object to being labelled as a freak for trying to have a serious conversation. 

Parameters= Definitely not football. 

Cheers. 

41 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Again- FUCKING look into it. 

The woman had forensic and medial evidence of her intoxication. 

Just look into it min. Stop asking stupid questions.

4 pints and your medically classed as intoxicated are you not. 

This case is not as cut and dry as you like to make it sound without sticking up for the man if the case was so obviously guilty he would of gone to court and jail. Neither thing happened. 

And is he really a nurse 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

There will be an absolutely terrifying amount. I don't think Goodwillie is one of them though.

It is a scary thought as well though... like what if you were absolutely blootered and a bird is absolutely blootered and you both agree to it? But in the morning you both regret it.... but then she calls you a rapist.

That basically happened to a mate of mine. Got with a girl her boyfriend found out she said she couldn’t remember it called rape just to try to make herself look like a cheating tart. Went to court under cross examination she admitted she lied about the rape. 

4 minutes ago, thurso said:

That basically happened to a mate of mine. Got with a girl her boyfriend found out she said she couldn’t remember it called rape just to try to make herself look like a cheating tart. Went to court under cross examination she admitted she lied about the rape. 

Weirdo

Just now, Poodler said:

Consi would still insist the boy is castrated 

the white knight 

That's the version of events from the guy. 

We all what actually happened behind closed doors is something different. 

If the lassie is too intoxicated to consent= rape. 

19 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Asking for a friend?

Just now, thurso said:

Who’s the weirdo there. The girl for calling rape when she wasn’t 

Take it you were in the room with them when it happened? Or are you just trusting your mate who is unlikely to admit any wrongdoing? 

Thick, thick, THICK cunt.