Jump to content
Ke1t

Where Are They Now

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Roberto said:

He wasn't a bad goalscorer. He did know where the net was... He just wasnt a good footballer.

There are players just like him that have made a career out of being quite simply a goalscorer and at a higher level than him.

I'm glad he isn't at Aberdeen anymore at the same time.

His YouTube highlights reel must have a few crackers in it. Any clubs fans down there will see that and think they’re getting a player! 
 

I mind speaking to my da every week and him saying ‘cosgrove again eh’ and trying to explain just how bad he was to watch. But he always stuck it in the #onionbag (far did that come from) when having a shite game. 

Share this post


Link to post

Had a look through McNamara’s autobiography yesterday to see what he said about his time with us . About 3 pages spared for his time at AFC. 
His original plan was to commute every day but soon got fed up with the 3 hour and more journey every day so the club put him in some flat. Jimmy C promised him a left midfielder role and easier training sessions , neither of which happened to his satisfaction. 
The Monday after the QoS semi , Jimmy had a go at him at training and they had a right old barney In front of the squad . That is basically it.
The book is in obscenely huge print as well. Reckon you could finish it over a couple of hours . 

Share this post


Link to post

Has the central belt commute ever worked for any of our players? Tight bastards 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Poodler said:

Has the central belt commute ever worked for any of our players? Tight bastards 

The likes of McCrorie, Kennedy and Ferguson are forever back down in the Glasgow area.

Share this post


Link to post

I know nothing of the fitness world but surely you canna be in peak condition for training after a 3 hour drive every morning 

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Poodler said:

I know nothing of the fitness world but surely you canna be in peak condition for training after a 3 hour drive every morning 

You can't be. You are naturally mentally fatigued after such a journey (especially if you are doing it repetitively), therefore cannot be of a fresh mindset required to achieve optimal physical fitness.

My uncle always said when I went weightlifting with him, it's 50% mind and 50% physicality (he's right). Considering he is only a handful of folk to ever lift the Dinnie's Stones, as well as compete in strongman competitions, that's good enough for me.

 

Share this post


Link to post

A colleagues bf lifted them a few weeks ago and was number 188 to do it, iirc. Certainly 180’s anyway. Brutes 

!

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, Poodler said:

A colleagues bf lifted them a few weeks ago and was number 188 to do it, iirc. Certainly 180’s anyway. Brutes 

!

It is brilliant that they can lift them things min. Hats off to them all 👍. 180+ folk to dae it is some achievement. 

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

You can't be. You are naturally mentally fatigued after such a journey (especially if you are doing it repetitively), therefore cannot be of a fresh mindset required to achieve optimal physical fitness.

My uncle always said when I went weightlifting with him, it's 50% mind and 50% physicality (he's right). Considering he is only a handful of folk to ever lift the Dinnie's Stones, as well as compete in strongman competitions, that's good enough for me.

 

Take the point, but regarding the 50:50 thing you can be sure it wasn’t someone physically weak who came up with that stat.  Rather someone who was naturally strong who then made the most of what they’ve got.  You hear it a lot in golf (not comparing the two sports) about it being 90% in the head.  Usually stated by someone who was a+2 by the time they were 15 or some such.

and regarding the round stones, there’s a lot of technique in there as well particularly if they’re being lifted above waist height.  As awkward as they are heavy.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Take the point, but regarding the 50:50 thing you can be sure it wasn’t someone physically weak who came up with that stat.  Rather someone who was naturally strong who then made the most of what they’ve got.  You hear it a lot in golf (not comparing the two sports) about it being 90% in the head.  Usually stated by someone who was a+2 by the time they were 15 or some such.

and regarding the round stones, there’s a lot of technique in there as well particularly if they’re being lifted above waist height.  As awkward as they are heavy.

In relation to the latter part SMG, your mind has to equate to your physicality to enable you to have the technique to achieve such a feat or any another feat for that matter.

It may have been someone physically weak that come up with that 50:50 stat before my uncle relayed it to me (he took up weightlifting at approx 14), but it is bloody true though. I was only 7 stone before taking up weightlifting (can't do it now unfortunately) but through doing it regularly the mind and body worked together to get me to a decent weight and strength. 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

That would have been an interesting training ground Barney by the way.  Who had been the shitest at their respective jobs!  Reckon Jackie won.

What?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Apologies should have quoted Hans.  Jackie Mac and Tangoman the Monday after QoTS.

No, I know

Struggling to work out how you could think calderwood was "shit" though 

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Torry Tosser said:

Cosgrove taken off after 60 mins again....Be playing non league next year....

Dropped tonight.

On the bench.

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

A plan B might have been a handy tool to bring.  In case Macco, Diamondo and em Aluko-o decided not to turn up.

and yes, Consio too!

What on earth is this patter all about

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

You can't be. You are naturally mentally fatigued after such a journey (especially if you are doing it repetitively), therefore cannot be of a fresh mindset required to achieve optimal physical fitness.

My uncle always said when I went weightlifting with him, it's 50% mind and 50% physicality (he's right). Considering he is only a handful of folk to ever lift the Dinnie's Stones, as well as compete in strongman competitions, that's good enough for me.

 

How heavy are these bastards?

I reckon I could lift them 

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

How heavy are these bastards?

I reckon I could lift them 

Combined weight is 52.5 stones.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Calum Hendry - Kilmarnock. 

 

At least he can't score against us this season.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

At least he can't score against us this season.

Scottish Cup meltdown incoming. 

Share this post


Link to post

BHH after a year of banging them in, in the championship 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Has Ethan Ross got himself a gig yet? 

Fair play to the young man for his self confidence but it appears no one rates him as highly as he rates himself

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Fair play to the young man for his self confidence but it appears no one rates him as highly as he rates himself

Was expecting him to pop up in the Scottish Championship or league one late summer but haven't heard anything 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Fair play to the young man for his self confidence but it appears no one rates him as highly as he rates himself

Aye, he's made a right cunt of that een.

Maybe get himsel' a job in the bakers at Inverurie...

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Bad_Mobby said:

How heavy are these bastards?

I reckon I could lift them 

Course you could, you could lift double fit Dinnie did,

Mind " a man of the Don is worth two of the Dee"

Edited by ericblack4boss
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...