Where Are They Now

21 hours ago, dazzy_deff said:

You do realise civil cases can be awarded despite it not being proved beyond reasonable doubt that somebody committed the crime?

I agree with your views on the matter.

What is puzzling is that it was over eleven years ago that this event took place and later the criminal case was abandoned. It is now five years since the civil court ruled on the matter.

Why is it only now that there has been an uproar about his move to Raith. He has been playing football for Clyde for around about the past five years and to my knowledge, without much fuss.

Is this not double standards?

7 minutes ago, Green Final said:

I agree with your views on the matter.

What is puzzling is that it was over eleven years ago that this event took place and later the criminal case was abandoned. It is now five years since the civil court ruled on the matter.

Why is it only now that there has been an uproar about his move to Raith. He has been playing football for Clyde for around about the past five years and to my knowledge, without much fuss.

Is this not double standards?

He's only just moved to Raith. The uproar is from Raith fans who arent happy about signing a rapist. Why would they stop supporting Raith or be angry because Clyde signed a rapist? That makes no sense. 

I think there was a bit of uproar when Clyde signed him but it died down before long because they are a part time team. No big names to come out raging to the press.

13 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

He's only just moved to Raith. The uproar is from Raith fans who arent happy about signing a rapist. Why would they stop supporting Raith or be angry because Clyde signed a rapist? That makes no sense. 

I think there was a bit of uproar when Clyde signed him but it died down before long because they are a part time team. No big names to come out raging to the press.

So why is Nicola Sturgeon this afternoon urging Raith Rovers to reconsider signing him? She's not a raith fan is she?

26 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

That was not my point. It's still a double standard. It should make no difference what a club's classification is.

I'm not trying to defend Goodwillie. I respect the civil court decision.

I also respect the stance Raith's sponsorers and others have taken. They like us are all entitled to our opinion.

26 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

So why is Nicola Sturgeon this afternoon urging Raith Rovers to reconsider signing him? She's not a raith fan is she?

Gunning for feminist support

It's got fuck all to do with Sturgeon and she should learn to keep her nose out of things and stick to politics

That said.....I'm very local to Raith. And it seems a fair old section of their support aren't happy with the signing. But Goodwillie has a rock solid contract signed, I'd be astonished if Rovers can afford to pay him up and tell him to fuck off. Well not unless one of their directors puts the cash up personally anyway

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

It's got fuck all to do with Sturgeon and she should learn to keep her nose out of things and stick to politics

That said.....I'm very local to Raith. And it seems a fair old section of their support aren't happy with the signing. But Goodwillie has a rock solid contract signed, I'd be astonished if Rovers can afford to pay him up and tell him to fuck off. Well not unless one of their directors puts the cash up personally anyway

He cant get sacked for not disclosing the case - and he hasnt got a criminal conviction for it so as you say, his 2.5 year deal is rock solid. If he were to leave and go back to Clyde, would Sturgeon demand they not sign him, even though he played for them a fortnight ago?

3 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

He cant get sacked for not disclosing the case - and he hasnt got a criminal conviction for it so as you say, his 2.5 year deal is rock solid. If he were to leave and go back to Clyde, would Sturgeon demand they not sign him, even though he played for them a fortnight ago?

I was surprised that he lost the civil case, that aside, it has nothing to do with Sturgeon.

• Haha 1
45 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

24 minutes ago, Green Final said:

That was not my point. It's still a double standard. It should make no difference what a club's classification is.

I'm not trying to defend Goodwillie. I respect the civil court decision.

I also respect the stance Raith's sponsorers and others have taken. They like us are all entitled to our opinion.

Sturgeon is wading in because its become so news worthy. She sees an opportunity to pounce and sound like a goodieconsi

Raith fans have made it a big deal. They arent happy about it. Its not double standards. Obviously folk from the Clyde area have no problem with rapists so it went under the radar or they dont have enough fans to really speak out and be heard. 

The things that are happening just arent relevant to when he signed for Clyde.

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, davieb said:

You were surprised he lost the civil case? Did you read the judgement and transcript?

On the basis that there was no evidence for a criminal prosecution. One individual decided in a civil case that it happened. Yes I was surprised as no evidence was produced that she had been raped and both DG and DR said that she willingly had sex. 
My opinion.

Local petition for Rovers to release Goodwillie now sitting at over 4500 signatures

Rovers board must surely realise they're now in a no win position. The support don't want him ruining the club's reputation but it would cost the club plenty in order to release him from his contract. 

23 minutes ago, davieb said:

You were surprised he lost the civil case? Did you read the judgement and transcript?

It didn’t cover him in any glory. Rape can occur where victim is so intoxicated she is deemed incapable of giving consent. This is what happened here. I lost any sympathy for him when witness evidence suggested he helped her into the back of a taxi shoeless and pished oot of her nut,

Sturgeon should keep her neb out but doesn’t surprise me one jot she has deemed herself fit to comment.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

On the basis that there was no evidence for a criminal prosecution. One individual decided in a civil case that it happened. Yes I was surprised as no evidence was produced that she had been raped and both DG and DR said that she willingly had sex. 
My opinion.

There was evidence of and confirmation sexual contact by both individuals, the expert witness testimony and witnesses testified that she was so drunk she could not have given consent. Without consent, that's rape, and it's telling that the law is clear on that.

If you haven't read the court transcript, it's worth a read if you think "no evidence was produced" 

2 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Sturgeon is wading in because its become so news worthy. She sees an opportunity to pounce and sound like a goodieconsi

Raith fans have made it a big deal. They arent happy about it. Its not double standards. Obviously folk from the Clyde area have no problem with rapists so it went under the radar or they dont have enough fans to really speak out and be heard. 

The things that are happening just arent relevant to when he signed for Clyde.

We didn’t have a problem with him. And we’re the greatest team the world has ever seen 

hope he scores a triple score in his first game 

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Stop skirting the issue, what we want to know is how much his maw gets a week for her wee part time cleaning job and does she get generous expenses for her voluntary work with meals on wheels? While your at it, how much does the boy two doors down get a week, he never turns his outside lights off so he must be getting a pretty penny. 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Complex issue as we discussed yesterday.  

But the first minister publicly commenting on the current employment of an individual citizen who wasn't criminally convicted is a development that opens a huge can of worms. 

That's pretty much word for word what I said in a group chat earlier. Agree totally. 

11 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Stop skirting the issue, what we want to know is how much his maw gets a week for her wee part time cleaning job and does she get generous expenses for her voluntary work with meals on wheels? While your at it, how much does the boy two doors down get a week, he never turns his outside lights off so he must be getting a pretty penny. 

In the words of Dad

"Prick"

3 hours ago, dazzy_deff said:

Is the wifie who started all this not a big supporter of independence. 

She would of been straight on the phone to sturgeon to put pressure on. 

19 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I'll ask the question again because everyone keeps avoiding it.

Now remember I have no reason to doubt the lassie...

Throughout your life you ever want back to a birds when you're both pished, how does the conversation go when you ask her if you can have sex? Do you ask the question or does it just happen?

Been said umpteen times with mates...most males would have done jail time if a drunken ride was classed as rape back in the day.