Where Are They Now

17 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Was listening to that. One more wee probing question would have sent him over the edge.  What an ego he has. 

It is unbelievable he STILL trots out his successes from nearly 20 fucking years ago for justifying his undeniable old pals act with Strachan.

What a detestable, deluded, arrogant clown he is.

*great legendary player caveat* to the above 

8 minutes ago, Dr_Manhattan said:

Strachan's always seemed like a likeable kind of guy. A bit eccentric and thinks he's funnier than he is but genuine enough. How he's such good pals with such a complete and utter cunt like McGhee I don't know.

I think he’s come across as a dislikeable wee nyaff for years... ever since he became a manager really and tried to be a smart arse in any interviews.

He’s expecting an apology from the club for him getting sent to the stand for behaving like a buffoon?

Legend as a player, but an absolute nugget as a man. Even by doing that interview, on the metaphoric eve of his return to the top flight Scottish football, shows how much of a nugget he is. A bigger and better man would keep it quiet and batter us on the park. He’ll get absolute pelters, quite rightly.

The rules probably changed because it was an embarrassment to the league having a manager telling a fan to fuck off.

Maybe we're about to witness McGhee's phoenix-like rise from the ashes, where he gets the respect he feels he deserves, where he plays the kind of free-flowing football he feels he plays, and where he inevitably is headhunted by the footballing giant he feels he should be managing.

Or maybe Dundee's going to get relegated when McGhee alienates the entire squad, plays the kind of football you might see at the Duthie Park of a Sunday, and he gets sacked for being absolute poison. 

I mean it could go either way, really, except no it won't and he'll get sacked. 

9 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Maybe we're about to witness McGhee's phoenix-like rise from the ashes, where he gets the respect he feels he deserves, where he plays the kind of free-flowing football he feels he plays, and where he inevitably is headhunted by the footballing giant he feels he should be managing.

Or maybe Dundee's going to get relegated when McGhee alienates the entire squad, plays the kind of football you might see at the Duthie Park of a Sunday, and he gets sacked for being absolute poison. 

I mean it could go either way, really, except no it won't and he'll get sacked. 

Just reminds me of some of the shite he has come away with over the years

“Losing in play-off games were the worst moments of my career,” he explained. “I lost narrowly in the last minute with Millwall against Birmingham in the play-off semi-final. That was painful. I lost with Wolves in the same circumstances to Crystal Palace. These were chances to go into the Premier League and they were life-changing games.

“That is the reason – and don’t misinterpret me here – why I’m managing Motherwell and not Liverpool. If I had won promotion on either of these occasions the chances are that’s the kind of place I would be.

46 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

“Losing in play-off games were the worst moments of my career,” he explained. “I lost narrowly in the last minute with Millwall against Birmingham in the play-off semi-final. That was painful. I lost with Wolves in the same circumstances to Crystal Palace. These were chances to go into the Premier League and they were life-changing games.

“That is the reason – and don’t misinterpret me here – why I’m managing Motherwell and not Liverpool. If I had won promotion on either of these occasions the chances are that’s the kind of place I would be.

It's amazing how he manages to insult every team he ever manages. 

• Haha 1

That interview was in the build up to his 900th game as manager, against Hearts.  Which he went on to lose 6-0. ?

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

At least the man is consistent with the shite he says 

4 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I don't know how else you'd interperet "This is why i'm managing Motherwell and not Liverpool" other than the obvious, he thinks if he'd won those games he'd be managing a club the size of Liverpool. If that's not his intention, then fuck knows what he means there. 

9 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

The press conference where he said this was the Friday pre-match one, next day Motherwell lost 6-0 to Hearts.