Where Are They Now

1 hour ago, Yorston Vasey said:

North Lanarkshire Council (as landlords) have banned him from entering Broadwood Stadium, and they've given notice that they will not be renewing Clyde's tenancy agreement when it expires next summer.

Shots fired.

Clyde are fucked. Trying to organise a groundshare while having public enemy number one on their books? Good luck to them.

48 minutes ago, thurso said:

Because it’s a civil court is why it’s wrong should of gone to criminal court in front  of a jury then there is no grey area about it 

Because as far as the crown prosecution was concerned there wasn’t enough evidence for a criminal conviction.

They could still have prosecuted him after the civil decision and didn’t which clearly shows that it did not change their position on the likely success of a criminal conviction 

mind when like 50000 folk petitioned for Reading to not sign Ched Evans and their fans held up a banner saying ‘aye far are all you cunts the day’ (along those lines) 

All attention seeking aside, I just think he’s being unfairly treated now and it’s a sad reflection of this generation. He essentially can never work again whilst actual criminally convicted rapists can. Bizarre 

He’s actually been banned from attending any home match and isn’t allowed in Clyde, s stadium at all, if he does the SFA have threatened to revoke Clyde,s membership, but because he is contracted to the club can still play away games?, what the fuck is wrong with our society 

5 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

He’s actually been banned from attending any home match and isn’t allowed in Clyde, s stadium at all, if he does the SFA have threatened to revoke Clyde,s membership, but because he is contracted to the club can still play away games?, what the fuck is wrong with our society 

Why would the SFA do that? It's North Lanarkshire Council that are stopping him from entering Broadwood.

Clearly the SFA have no problem with the player as they have registered him for every team he has signed for since the incident occurred. And after his civil court verdict

Paedos and terrorists get name changes, houses, money, support etc, drug addicts get money, drugs, animals for 20quid a more each week aff the brew even though they cannot look after themselves but aye goodwillie is the worst of humans?he’s not a saint but fucking hell, the system is fucked

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Why would the SFA do that? It's North Lanarkshire Council that are stopping him from entering Broadwood.

Clearly the SFA have no problem with the player as they have registered him for every team he has signed for since the incident occurred. And after his civil court verdict

Apologies your correct, also seen the sfa we’re getting mentioned but that part is shite.the rest is correct

i thought there was no trespass law in Scotland right enough?, it’s not a military or nuclear complex so goes against Scottish trespass laws which of course is higher than any regional law?

also a breach of contract as it’s the club that pays his wages not Lanarkshire council?. It’s going to turn into an awful mess, also puts to bed sturgeon’s worry about young mens mental health?,that in itself is a contradiction regardless of what he’s done.

• Haha 1
52 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

Is it just Broadwood Stadium that the council are banning him from, or all Council premises? Is he allowed to go for a walk in the park?

Very valid point. Now they are taking that stance, is he exempt from paying Council Tax if he resides in a property within the administrative area of North Lanarkshire, as his money surely would be unacceptable? ?

I very much doubt that will be the case if he does indeed stay in that area.

8 hours ago, BitWait said:

If he had just went and plied his trade in the south of England or abroad no one would have noticed except a few well sozzled women.

Ah, would they have noticed though? 

Being well sozzled n'all.

On top of that*, his technique may have improved over time and been perfected by now. ?

*or on top of them

15 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I've no doubt about his guilt but the fact remains for whatever reason he has never been convicted in a criminal court. 

I'm also hoping he goes public and questions just what careers are open to him that the do gooders won't hound him out of. 

How can you be so certain of his guilt. If it was that clear cut he would of went to jail 

58 minutes ago, thurso said:

How can you be so certain of his guilt. If it was that clear cut he would of went to jail 

A judge has heard the evidence and on the balance of probability has said "he dunnit" and awarded the lassie damages. I'm going on that.....it's not as if Goodwillie said that nothing happened. He admitted it occurred, as expected him and Robertson said it was with consent.

There is a higher level of evidence required for a criminal conviction. Why the case never went to a criminal court only the CPS will know but there is a higher level of proof required there than in civil cases and due to the very nature of a rape allegation, there tends not to be many independent witnesses. Hence the majority of rape allegations never make it to court.

Just because I think he's guilty doesn't change my stance on the matter though. He doesn't have a criminal record for rape. If he did have, there are certain professions he would rightly be barred from ever pursuing for life..........the caring professions and teaching come to mind. The case is interesting for me as a nurse because I have absolutely no idea how the regulatory body would treat his civil case....I asked a couple of managers in the NHS, one a nurse one not and they reckoned that as far as a nursing registration goes, there would be nothing to prevent him staying in the profession BUT the case is now such high profile that no hospital would employ him in a new job (if he was already employed they'd be left in a horrible position but they certainly couldn't just sack him immediately ). But aren't all offenders supposed to have the chance to rehabilitate themselves? It now appears Clyde are cancelling the loan, Raith will still be liable for his wages until his contract runs out so he won't lose out ( he might even manage to get win bonuses as his lawyer could argue that he would be playing the majority of the time if he were fit to play...and he's not getting selected because Raith have bowed to public pressure). 

The narrative for all the "cancelling" of the player now seems to be that he's never shown any contrition for what happened. Well he certainly didn't pay a penny of what he was ordered to by the judge, he declared himself bankrupt. However if he were to make any comment that said he was sorry, he could be incriminating himself instantly as even though there has been no criminal case to date, it isn't impossible that it could still happen at some point (unlikely you would think unless new evidence emerged but nevertheless I'm sure his lawyers will have advised him to say absolutely nothing)

3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

The narrative for all the "cancelling" of the player now seems to be that he's never shown any contrition for what happened. Well he certainly didn't pay a penny of what he was ordered to by the judge, he declared himself bankrupt. However if he were to make any comment that said he was sorry, he could be incriminating himself instantly as even though there has been no criminal case to date, it isn't impossible that it could still happen at some point (unlikely you would think unless new evidence emerged but nevertheless I'm sure his lawyers will have advised him to say absolutely nothing)

Yeah not sure why nobody has considered this when going on about his lack of remorse. If he genuinely believes he didn't do anything wrong, then why would he open himself up to real criminal charges by more or less admitting that he did do something wrong?

The whole thing makes a total mockery of rehabilitating prisoners etc. Most murderer's don't even get this much grief once they are back as part of society somewhere.  

A judge has heard the evidence and on the balance of probability has said "he dunnit" and awarded the lassie damages. I'm going on that.....it's not as if Goodwillie said that nothing happened. He admitted it occurred, as expected him and Robertson said it was with consent.

There is a higher level of evidence required for a criminal conviction. Why the case never went to a criminal court only the CPS will know but there is a higher level of proof required there than in civil cases and due to the very nature of a rape allegation, there tends not to be many independent witnesses. Hence the majority of rape allegations never make it to court.

Just because I think he's guilty doesn't change my stance on the matter though. He doesn't have a criminal record for rape. If he did have, there are certain professions he would rightly be barred from ever pursuing for life..........the caring professions and teaching come to mind. The case is interesting for me as a nurse because I have absolutely no idea how the regulatory body would treat his civil case....I asked a couple of managers in the NHS, one a nurse one not and they reckoned that as far as a nursing registration goes, there would be nothing to prevent him staying in the profession BUT the case is now such high profile that no hospital would employ him in a new job (if he was already employed they'd be left in a horrible position but they certainly couldn't just sack him immediately ). But aren't all offenders supposed to have the chance to rehabilitate themselves? It now appears Clyde are cancelling the loan, Raith will still be liable for his wages until his contract runs out so he won't lose out ( he might even manage to get win bonuses as his lawyer could argue that he would be playing the majority of the time if he were fit to play...and he's not getting selected because Raith have bowed to public pressure). 

I agree with pretty much everything there but it’s a civil case, it went in front of one person not a jury and the time it did, he was never getting of as all the talk in the news was about rape cases going no where and this was a high profile case.
As well as his lawyers saying not to maybe he’s never said sorry as not only will he look like he’s admitting guilt but he didn’t rape her so feels he has nothing to say sorry about at the time there was a lot of talk going around Bathgate that was the case, heard it was one of the reasons it never went further to a criminal court but that was just local talk 

surely it can never go to court as his lawyers will say there is no way he could get a fair trial after the way it’s been publicly talked about 

19 hours ago, Poodler said:

mind when like 50000 folk petitioned for Reading to not sign Ched Evans and their fans held up a banner saying ‘aye far are all you cunts the day’ (along those lines) 

Did man hater Jessica Ennis-Hill ever apologise to him?

52 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Yeah not sure why nobody has considered this when going on about his lack of remorse. If he genuinely believes he didn't do anything wrong, then why would he open himself up to real criminal charges by more or less admitting that he did do something wrong?

However if he were to make any comment that said he was sorry, he could be incriminating himself instantly

Fwiw, an apology is inadmissable as evidence in Scotland. Court of public opinion might be a bit different though.

Folk thinking this is only happening because he's a footballer are talking pish. If he worked in the public sector, he'd be out the door and would struggle to find another public sector job that would take him.

2 hours ago, At The Border Guy said:

Fwiw, an apology is inadmissable as evidence in Scotland. Court of public opinion might be a bit different though.

Folk thinking this is only happening because he's a footballer are talking pish. If he worked in the public sector, he'd be out the door and would struggle to find another public sector job that would take him.

Civil court though, if he was a normal worker and not a public figure, he'd likely just not tell anyone about the case when applying for jobs, I don't know if he even has to by law.